New film - Being Lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetsuo

Reaction score
Hi All,

Recently saw a new film called "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" made in (2012).

Its about this kid who starts high school and has no friends and is very lonely but then things turn around for him.
I really liked the film and could really emphasis with the main character. I dont want to give away to much though.

I saw that, too! The transition seemed like a lot of luck on his part, but I still liked the characters.

It sounds like a good film and I will have a look for it on Amazon.

Yeah it was a pretty good movie :). I thought Emma did a great job with her role.

ill admit it was a good film. I love those sort of films tbh.

I really liked the whole tunnel scene, ie those magical moments in your life. I've had a few of those magical moments although i can no longer remember them, i just remember i had moments where i felt like that.

Definitely check out this film/novel if you can. One buddy of mine once mentioned Big Fan (2009) which is also supposed to be good.

Masque said:
I saw that, too! The transition seemed like a lot of luck on his part, but I still liked the characters.

Luck comes around for everyone... some miss out on the opportunity more than others....

i don't think many films / tv shows show what being unattractive / lonely is like. They always seem to want to go for happy endings. The shy guy gets the girl for example. It's not always like that, we are the proof. I would like to see a film that is downbeat the whole way through and the lonely person achieves nothing. It wouldn't make great viewing but it happens.

There was this show in Britain called 'Rodger, Rodger' years ago. There was this guy who was 'unlucky in love' and it was a joke the whole way thru the series. One episode he met this woman and she seemed to like him and I thought he would find some happiness at last but she left him for no reason to go off with this other guy. The lonely guy was crying at the end of the episode. It was very brave of the writer to do this.

Latest posts

Back