New guy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mountainorc

Reaction score
I'm new here so I guess I'll introduce myself. My name is Alex, I'm 23 years old and currently a university student majoring in software engineering. I like gaming, programming, photography (on an aesthetic level) and going for walks at night to clear my head. I've been lonely and depressed every since graduating from highschool, mainly due to my boring lifestyle and lack of friends. I have a hard time connecting and staying in touch with people. Not because I'm a shy person, I just feel negative and hesitant about myself. Recently I gave up hope looking for friends offline and instead focus on online websites/forums.

So yeah, hi there...

mountainorc said:
I'm new here so I guess I'll introduce myself. My name is Alex, I'm 23 years old and currently a university student. I like gaming, photography (on an aesthetic level) and going for walks at night to clear my head. I've been lonely and depressed every since graduating from highschool, mainly due to my boring lifestyle and lack of friends. I have a hard time connecting and staying in touch with people. Not because I'm a shy person, I just feel negative and hesitant about myself. Recently I gave up hope looking for friends offline and instead focus on online websites/forums.

So yeah, hi there...

Howdy Doodie Pumpkin Pie!
Welcome to the boards!
Jump right in!

hey Alex.
welcome.

which games are you playing currently? i am on a break, until uni gets less hectic.

dead said:
hey Alex.
welcome.

which games are you playing currently? i am on a break, until uni gets less hectic.

Same here, got 2 projects going on. Currently playing Killing Floor in small portions.

dead said:
nice! good luck :)

Thanks, both are doing well just a bit slow. Winter (especiall this close to xmas) isn't a very productive period but I have time. Starting next year, I'm doing an internship.

oh, that sounds like a cool experience. do you know where you'll be an intern - or do you look for a spot later on?

dead said:
oh, that sounds like a cool experience. do you know where you'll be an intern - or do you look for a spot later on?

Some regional company that deals with the public transportation here. I'll be improving their current system of tracking bus stops (if the assignment doesn't change). I looked in advance but there are plenty of internships, it's just finding the right one.

that sounds like it could be interesting.
nice :)
so - what do you do apart from that? do you like taking photos as well? or just as a viewer?

I just like collecting them really, my dad is a good amateur photographer so that's where I started really. I do some online tutoring (mainly programming ones) and I did some at school but I got depressed doing that. Other than that, my life is pretty boring. My weekly activities are: go to class, do my homework, work on my project, study, play a few games and go to bed. After my internship I'm going to start looking for something else (probably a sport) to occupy myself with.

why did you get depressed tutoring? it sounds like it could be quite rewarding...
and yeah, my father and grandfather were both good amateur photographers.

dead said:
why did you get depressed tutoring? it sounds like it could be quite rewarding...
and yeah, my father and grandfather were both good amateur photographers.

Seems like they didn't take anything I tought to heart. Spent months training people doing simple UML and they never did the homework I assigned them and thus failed tests. Now I just post on random programming forums, giving people advice but I rarely feel appreciated for my efforts.

oh, ****. that does sound disheartening... what does UML stand for? programming isn't really my forte, sadly...

Unified Modeling Language. Basicly a way to draw diagrams to illustrate how something (a program) works. And yes it's very depressing I quit tutoring after a year. Did several assistant teacher things aswell that went slightly better but I still felt unappreciated for the most part.

well... if you want appreciation - being a teacher is probably a bad idea, sadly...
:/

dead said:
well... if you want appreciation - being a teacher is probably a bad idea, sadly...
:/

Yes even though I like it, you need to have loads of restraint and patience to be a good one.

dead said:
yeah, that is very true.

Thankfully being a 3rd year student, I don't have to deal with that anymore. People are more mature and responsible now.

Latest posts

Back