new here!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi! c: I'm not sure how to start introductions that well, but I'll try my best..
my name is Lou (or Tirza, that's my birth name)
I'm 15 and genderfluid. I live in Texas, but was born in Cali and moved here when I was about 3.

I think loneliness started sinking in for me about 4 years ago, when my family became homeless. My only best friend moved to Germany so I had no one after that. My mom got a boyfriend and we moved in with him, but I wasn't able to get in school because most of them wouldn't accept me because I hadn't gone for a couple years. So there I was, no friends and no way to get any. The only thing I had to do for that year besides going on my computer was to go outside and explore (the apartment actually had some amazing scenery around it.) I started developing depression right around then.

I was able to get into school last year (and successfully finished 9th grade! wooh!) but things still got worse. Yes I have friends now, and I'm slowly getting my life back together, but my intense sense of loneliness got so much worse. I found that being around people and becoming involved with them causes a lot of problems and makes my current ones even worse, though there a lot of upsides to having friends. I get easily attached to people, and anyone who I think I can trust I latch onto. I always like someone more than they like me and I value friendship at such a higher level than most people.

No one has ever really loved me, and I can totally see why. I don't expect anyone to. I've had a huge puddle of affection which I was never able to give out, so it just sits there. I've tried getting better, getting the least bit positive, but things just keep going downhill so at this point I don't even try. I'm just trying to enjoy what little there is to, in hopes that things will get better one day.

Anyways sorry for the whining!! Don't be afraid to say hi, and I hope I'm welcome here c:

Welcome to the forum.

You sound too nice to be a misanthrope! Or are you just being nice for your first post :p
Or do you host parties for misanthropes, hoping to make them less hateful?

painter said:
Welcome to the forum.

You sound too nice to be a misanthrope! Or are you just being nice for your first post :p
Or do you host parties for misanthropes, hoping to make them less hateful?

Well I actually am a misanthrope- just not a huge one, I wouldn't quite go around calling myself one.
Hosting parties for misanthropes sounds like something I'd wanna do :3 but I can see it going veeeery badly

misanthropicparty said:
Hosting parties for misanthropes sounds like something I'd wanna do :3 but I can see it going veeeery badly

You could give them padded bats or inflatable mallets to hit each other with. Or a foodfight. Who doesn't enjoy a good foodfight?

Welcome :)

painter said:
misanthropicparty said:

You could give them padded bats or inflatable mallets to hit each other with. Or a foodfight. Who doesn't enjoy a good foodfight?

You're making it sound like a party I'd want to go to :p

Hello Lou/Tirza, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear about what you've been through. Hope things will only start to go up from here onwards for you.

Wow, what a story. :( I'm sorry your life has been this way thus far. :(

It looks like things are starting to get better. Welcome to the forum and I hope you find what you need here.

Latest posts

Back