New Here...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exasperated

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a female in my mid-thirties in the northeast (US.) I have a Master's Degree and an interesting job that I love. However, I have no family or friends. The only have I have is Mother who is verbally abusive and toxic for me to be around due to a mental illness.

I live in a relatively small town that is predominately 55+. I have had friendships over the years that have drifted apart and many unfortunately have turned out to be hurtful relationships. I actually enjoy being social and have been very actively involved in my community meeting new people. If it hard or me to find people I connect with here. I am not real big on small talk, but I love philosophical and intellectual discussions. I enjoy art, music (indie), NPR, talking about social issues, nonfiction books, food/wine and people with a sardonic sense of humor. I loved to meet people here with similar interests to chat and help deal with our loneliness. I write music (singer/songwriter type stuff), play a little guitar, sing, write (lyrics, nonfiction/humor, screenplays) and I love road trips with the perfect playlist soundtrack. I love browsing locally owned record stores and bookshops. There is not a lot of culture where I live so I try to get away when I can.

Feel free to message me if we have stuff in common, I would be happy to chat!

Welcome to Lonely Life. :)

I can certainly empathise with you for having an abusive Mother, though thankfully mine is living in faraway India. She was about as toxic as they came whereas Dad was wonderful. It broke my heart when he died...

Anyway, like you I need some online friendship so returned here after many moons ago, and can only hope to be positive about this.

Since three years ago came the advent of the ebook reader. Much as I love the feel of paper between my fingers, one runs out of bookshelf space quite frequently, so I commend one to you.

Wishing you happy days here.

Love,
Anna Mouse

Hey and welcome to the forums, i really can relate on the hating smalltalk thing, ive been thinking about that alot lately. Thinking about trying to step back into the world and thinking of ways to AVOID that lol. Welcome to the forums.

Greetings, exasperated. You seem to be a very accomplished and culturally literate person; I'd think you bring a lot to the table in any kind of relationship. You might even intimidate some people. It's just a thought.

BTW, I'm a caregiver for a mood disordered elderly mother myself. Year after year, managing her has become tedious. So you have my sympathy on that issue.

Ditto on the parent issues. My father suffered from mental illness and was very difficult to be around. He became worse in his old age and passed away last year.

Welcome :) Hope you enjoy your time here.

I love books too - sadly we don't have many indie bookstores left here in the UK (mainly in the big cities) but there are loads of charity book shops, book banks and even telephone box libraries (lots of old telephone boxes have been turned into book banks where people can take a book for free as long as they replace it with something they've got). Even public transport has unofficial book schemes where people leave books they've finished with behind on the tube or the bus for other people. I wrote a couple of books myself which was one of the best things I've ever done :)

Latest posts

Back