New member here... May offer valuable insights...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

askal

Hi everyone. I stumbled upon this forum at work...

I've gone through a few posts here and I noticed alot of loneliness going on... :D

Anyway a brief background:

I lived pretty lonely all my life. As a kid, either I'd be bullied or sitting by myself. Yeah yeah... same thing in elementary school... through high school... and through college. To be fair, in "college", life improved a bit in the sense that I no longer got bullied... though isolated. lol

College was a time when I couldnt really connect with others and establish so-called "relationships".

Got me lonely. Got me depressed. I suffered due to my inability to cope with the "real world". Often left me broken and lonely. And depressed. And suicidal. Actually been through "professional help". Like fresia. I was an immature teenager... I was at a point when I desparately needed relationships and such. And friends and such. I didnt have the knowledge. The state of mind to deal with it.

No friends. Family is honeysuckle. Nobody to run to. Um... up to now that is. Life's still the same... I just learned how to deal with honeysuckle.

These past few years I've dedicated myself to studying the human psyche. I'm basically self-schooled as far as social and political science is concerned. My knowledge on the subject matter is a result of the articles and books I've read... as well as personal experiences and the knowledge I've gained reading other forums and the opinions of others.

Life is basically a learning process. Maybe I would expound my compendium of knowledge reading your posts and opinions.

Anyway, I believe I have enough experience on "loneliness". I consider myself somewhat like a war veteran who has been in the front a lot. And I am willing to share my knowlege to others. I am willing to help you deal with it.

In spite of all my experience though, I still think I have alot to learn and understand and comprehend.

However... I'd like to warn people here of so-called "cults". Lonely people are more likely to be seduced by these groups (or individuals) that seem friendly and offer you too-good-to-be-true solutions to your problems.

Anyway, have a nice day everyone. :)

Interesting. I agree. I've thought about whether I could join a sort of cult to lessen my loneliness. But I'm too intelligent and I dislike many authority figures. I have a hard time obeying people who piss me off! lol

lonelygirl said:
Interesting. I agree. I've thought about whether I could join a sort of cult to lessen my loneliness. But I'm too intelligent and I dislike many authority figures. I have a hard time obeying people who piss me off! lol

I actually been part of those "cults".

I wont tell you exactly... but its one of those small cults that exist mostly in the internet. Its interesting how even within these small cults or schools of thought, there are different "schisms" or some of that.

Hey Askal,

May I ask which cult you belonged to? What was it like? It seems at least like a cool and fascinating experiment. I would be scared if I joined a cult that it would be impossible to get out...that I would be brainwashed and/or held against my will.

Latest posts

Back