New to the site.. it's a relief... looking for friends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Cougar

Hi all,

I'm 19 from Wisconsin. I've realized recently that I have these self-constructed walls up, that my best friend is slowly being pulled away from me, which I'm not fighting as he just seems so immature now. I don't click with anyone here in college. It's my first year. I feel like I have the social skills of a child. :\

All of my "friends" are through the best friend, and are not my friends at all. I'm like the person that hangs around that they pretend to pay attention to... but it's okay, because they're not my type. Too serious.. or too immature. Man, I sound so stuck up.

I just miss my middle school days, when I was more outgoing and open. Even if it was a lot of kids from the internet, I had some people to open up to (as much as you can in middle school) and have something to look forward to...

I feel like a freak, so I never actually reveal myself to others... I feel like I could here, because what would I have to lose? Blah. Anyways, nice to meet you all. Hit me up if you're bored.

Welcome! You're not a freak, you're unique, you're you and I can always appreciate the beauty in one's uniqueness.  You can always open up to me (if you feel comfortable).  When I have friends, I never have to pretend to like them nor do I hide that I like them and as long as they're true friends they're equal.  In the I Am Lonely section, there was a guest from Wisconsin who posted.  If you're not that person, you two should try to become good friends.

Welcome you guys! Everyone here is nice. It is nice to have someone to email about how you feel, how your day was, your feelings, ect. Everyone here understands being lonely. I hope you guys find what you are looking for. :)

Hi!
I just joined for exactly the reasons in this thread.
I am 26. My whole life, I felt frustrated that it always seemed so much harder for me to make and keep friends than it was for anyone else. It has been so bad, but I have also done a lot of self healing and no longer wish to live in the past.
I had a brief phase of in college when I was 17, when the combination of internal and external factors for once made it possible to invest the time and energy necessary to cultivate and make friendships. I was finally able to be the open, friendly, confident but humble person that didn't have to try too hard, that I always wanted to be and believed I could be, in spite of misleading evidence and opinions. I made 2 friendships then that I still have - and they are my proof that I don't have to give up hope on having people in my life that can appreciate me for who I really am, without being intimidated by my unusual creativity, and without misjudging me by conventional wisdom. Yet it has been tough even with these 2 awesome friends because we have always been living in different cities since then.
At this point, with all the wisdom and coping skills I have gained over the years, the fact that I still have barely any friends and no one near me I can just chat with, it is unsettling, it distracts me from focusing on my demanding work, and it forces me to feel that I have been severely and irreparably cheated.

I did a search today, and ended up joining this forum, because I think the solidarity against loneliness I have found hear will help me develop an even stronger positive attitude to protect my state of well-being from the constant threat of the endless void of loneliness and self-pity waiting to engulf me whenever I let my guard down. I'm hoping by regularly participating here, I can find a sense of balance and some new freedom and strength, in order to get to focus properly on my work, and eventually, to once again help new potential relationships to blossom.

The people above posted in 2007...just a note for anyone who might not've noticed the post date in the lower left of the post :)

But welcome to the forum cosmicpsyche, I hope you find benefit in posting here.

Welcome cosmicpsyche :)

Weirdly, I know one of the person who posted back in 2007. Still do keep in contact.

hey cosmicpsyche welcome to this forumn
you will definately get lots of friends year
dont worry

santosh said:
hey cosmicpsyche welcome to this forumn
you will definately get lots of friends year
dont worry

a deep thank you, santosh
each friend made here is something sacred to me
I am overcome with hope with the positive support I have already found here
From you and everyone who has replied to anything I wrote

Cougar said:
Hi all,

I'm 19 from Wisconsin. I've realized recently that I have these self-constructed walls up, that my best friend is slowly being pulled away from me, which I'm not fighting as he just seems so immature now. I don't click with anyone here in college. It's my first year. I feel like I have the social skills of a child. :\

All of my "friends" are through the best friend, and are not my friends at all. I'm like the person that hangs around that they pretend to pay attention to... but it's okay, because they're not my type. Too serious.. or too immature. Man, I sound so stuck up.

I just miss my middle school days, when I was more outgoing and open. Even if it was a lot of kids from the internet, I had some people to open up to (as much as you can in middle school) and have something to look forward to...

I feel like a freak, so I never actually reveal myself to others... I feel like I could here, because what would I have to lose? Blah. Anyways, nice to meet you all. Hit me up if you're bored.

Hey, I'm new to the site too. I'm 20 and in my 2nd year in college. I'm also having a hard time connecting to people in college. Like, freshman year I thought I made a bunch of great friends, but then when I came back this year, nothing really clicked. I realized I was friends with them only because I was in the group, and none of them were anyone I could call a good friend. But yeah, if you ever want to talk, just PM me. :)

Latest posts

Back