New Years Eve!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question but do you folks in the states get those trashy countdown shows where 'celebrities' get all giggly about how amazing they are before the clocks strike down to midnight? I’d imagine you would but was just curious.

I am not dreading it but im not happy about it either. This will be the first new years I ever spent alone because all my friends have either moved away or we lost touch. So I think this one will be the worst new years I ever have, but it only motivates me to want to change even more.

Lost Drifter said:
Quick question but do you folks in the states get those trashy countdown shows where 'celebrities' get all giggly about how amazing they are before the clocks strike down to midnight? I’d imagine you would but was just curious.

I'm quite sure we were the ones that started all that annoying crap. Pretty much every channel over here will have that crap on tv. Hence why I will be on sleeping pills. :)

Mooky2009 said:
Anybody else dreading it? After all, it's the time when everybody gets together with their family and friends, and if you haven't got either, I think it can be quite depressing. :(

I know I have my other half and our two lovely doggies :D but it's always just us, no matter what night it is. :(

I think you are lucky.

I'm hating it right now. Cos my family are not and have never been big drinkers; I'm not used to celebrating new year in the usual way (getting drunk). Still, I get lonely at times like this and a mate who I hoped would go for a drink said he didn't want to. So it's a quiet one for me even though I would like to have company on this special night. I think new year can be a quite lonely time for some people.

Latest posts

Back