New

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello and welcome. what's so crazy about becoming a nurse? I think it's a great idea :D

hi there!.....
Nothing crazy about becoming a nurse. Hope you dont feel lonely anymore,after have joined this site! W e l c o m e a b o a r d!!!

Thank you for the welcome. I guess nursing just seems so people oriented. The kenyan girl I met online thinks I should pursue nursing too so I guess I'll go for it....

hey!
welcome to the forum! Nursing eh? what area are you thinking of? I wanted to be a nurse or a paramedic, but after a lot of thinking i decided to persue social work...oh well lol

I don't know what area of nursing, maybe the easiest area? I volunteer at a hospital right now, but don't have a lot of patient intereation unless they are going home. Sometimes its awkward because I don't know what to say to them, othertimes its easy cause they are very talkative. Hopefully it well help with my social skills. Then maybe I won't have to go online to meet girls. But online girls aren't all that bad. And once I have friends and a girlfriend maybe it won't be so scary to move out and live on my own...or maybe with roomates. The kenyan girl seems very nice. My mom might move out before me to marry her boyfriend and then I'll be on my own for sure so gotta prepare for loneliness.

the easiest area of nursing? lmao Is there one? Guess thats something for you to look in to! I always was interested in the A&E side of things, but thats like one of the most difficult i guess. JUst go up to the people and say hi, a lot of people in hospitals are lonely and would like someone to talk to. Just being friendly is often enough to get them talking.

For the women things- well from what i hear male nurses are always popular lol

It just sounds like you are convinced you will be lonely-perhaps that is holding you back? maybe thinking more positively will get motivate you and make you feel more confident? It doesnt matter where you meet people (eg internet), its who they are thats important! :)

Rolo said:
the easiest area of nursing? lmao Is there one? Guess thats something for you to look in to! I always was interested in the A&E side of things, but thats like one of the most difficult i guess. JUst go up to the people and say hi, a lot of people in hospitals are lonely and would like someone to talk to. Just being friendly is often enough to get them talking.

For the women things- well from what i hear male nurses are always popular lol

It just sounds like you are convinced you will be lonely-perhaps that is holding you back? maybe thinking more positively will get motivate you and make you feel more confident? It doesnt matter where you meet people (eg internet), its who they are thats important! :)

Maybe psychiatric is the easiest. No real life and death. I have a hard time going up to people. If they come up to me and start talking I'm usually fine and can carry on a somewhat decent conversation. I hope I become more popular if I make it to being a nurse.

I did meet the kenyan girl from online in person. She lives in a city about a half hour away. She's trying to get her paperwork in order so she can practice in the us as a nurse. She's very nice. I just can't tell if I'm being nieve or why she wants to date me or if I'm being used. But I can't see any ulterior motive. She insisted on paying for popcorn when we went to the movies and she bought coffee afterwards. I payed for the movie tickets. Seemed very even. I guess I worry too much too...

Definetly will work on thinking more positive. Negativity is what ultimately destroyed my first relationship a few years ago. She couldn't handle being around me sometimes...

Coffeecup said:
Maybe psychiatric is the easiest. No real life and death. I have a hard time going up to people. If they come up to me and start talking I'm usually fine and can carry on a somewhat decent conversation. I hope I become more popular if I make it to being a nurse.

I did meet the kenyan girl from online in person. She lives in a city about a half hour away. She's trying to get her paperwork in order so she can practice in the us as a nurse. She's very nice. I just can't tell if I'm being nieve or why she wants to date me or if I'm being used. But I can't see any ulterior motive. She insisted on paying for popcorn when we went to the movies and she bought coffee afterwards. I payed for the movie tickets. Seemed very even. I guess I worry too much too...

Definetly will work on thinking more positive. Negativity is what ultimately destroyed my first relationship a few years ago. She couldn't handle being around me sometimes...

What makes you think that will be easy? Harder to communicate in some cases due to the illness, could be more threatening, more draining on your self as people could display dificult behaviour lol I gues there is no easy one, well depending on how you think! I worked with people with dementia and schizophrenia- was the most draining thing i have ever done :p
Unfortunantly, in that line of work you will have to be starting the conversations in many cases. You say you volunteer at a hospital with the people that are going home? well, how about you try starting as many conversations as possible with them, that way, if they are bad you will never see them again, but if its good they will be happy and so will you. its all experience!

Maybe you are a bit sceptical of other people. I am- im always thinking for negative reasons or outcomes from what others do. But maybe this woman does like you? only one way to find out!
Negativity is a *******, Good luck on the positive thinking- it will be hard, but its worth it! :D

Latest posts

Back