Nice Guy Pride

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lonesome Crow said:
why would it bother me if women ask me out? I totally rock, dude.
I like a woman that knows what she wants and go for it.
In other words she has a lot of self confidence , good self esteem and dont
really give a fresia what anybody thinks

Everything worthwhile takes effort, so to me, if a girl just asked me out, it would make her look almost easy and make me rather uncomfortable.

As far as romance goes, I prefer pursuing myself, but I think it is a personality difference. There were few things more romantic for me, for example, than when I was with Erin "just as a friend" late at night while we were talking and she was gently dozing away, and just before she fell asleep on my shoulder, she whispered "I love you" to me - the first time in her life that she ever meant that romantically. My little redheaded angel.

Or my current girlfriend, who required me to convince that we would work against her own expectations, basically force out another rival from her life, and arrange for her to move approximately a thousand miles to me - seemingly impossible, and yet I made it possible. It is something of almost a personal victory, just in that.

My girls are definitely more traditional, more submissive; but most of the things you enjoy, I can manage too; a girl doesn't have to be thrillingly sexual to want to please me enough to do things for me, including threesomes.

I'm just more sedate about things. I suppose it shows that the most important thing is confidence - I make no effort whatsoever to be a 'bad boy' and regret my criminal past with a burning hate for most lawbreakers now. I've done a lot of possibly 'sexy' jobs, such as espionage, but its really alternatively too mind-numbingly boring or simply ugly to talk about, and I really don't ever communicate about it.

Being normal and interesting is good enough for me :p I have plenty of enemies, but I never confront them directly if possible. There are better ways of ruining someone's life. Remember, speed beats strength, surprise beats speed, and strategy beats surprise.

thefunkman said:
This is what one woman replied to my question on why as a 19 year old attractive male, girls only want to hook up with me and lose interest when they realize im not the badboy people too often assume be to be.

A few possibilities:

1) You get committed too quickly - that in itself is more than a little scary.

2) Agreeing with everything highly implies that you don't have a stand in anything. The Churchill quote is relevant: "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

3)Treat girls as human beings, not priceless whitewashed relics. This includes disagreeing sometimes; and if you really do have a great joy in helping others, you might want to bring that up to them. Show that you have passion, including helping others; if you work with animals, for example, talk about how much you love animals, your volunteer work, and how you feel things could be better.

This is my response

See that is the most ridiculous thing. This is the kind of thing that makes me mad. First of all I get committed too quickly. So putting yourself in a position where you are loyal to your desire is bad?

Second I never said I agree with everything. I am easy going. HUGE HUGE HUGE difference. This is why i get mad when people are like nice guys are not confident blah blah blah. Just because I disagree does not mean I will voice the fact. If it is petty and would make her happy sure why not, i agree. Now if it is something like she says "i hate dogs" i would be pretty upset. I would say well i fuckin love dogs. POINT BLANK PERIOD. Being nice means you do not make problems out of things that can be ignored with no negative results. I feel bad for the people who still do not understand what many of us nice guys are. Just open minded.

Third, treat women like relics blah blah? WTF? Your whole post is really upsetting to be honest. It just shows how misguided women are when they meet nice men. In my mind what I see is i treat women like human being. You know who else i treat like a human being? me, you, we, us, everyone. And to me, humans are pretty ******* priceless "whitewashed relics".

So please, before you assume a nice guy is insincere, lacks confidence, and needs approval, consider the possibility that he is just open minded, easy going person, willing to listen to the likes, dislikes, faults and gifts of just about anyone, and you however are not. Don't think you are so special. I mean, you are. But to us nice guys you are just as special as everyone else to us, which is very special, but you are not better than anyone.

And remember one thing always fellow nice guys. I am easy going but one of my believes is in karma. So keep being nice!

They say nice guys finish last.... Who is the last guy a woman dates? Her husband

Now I notice I see a lot of people either bashing nice guys, or nice guys bashing themselves and feeling bad for themselves. Well its about time to change that if you ask me. Use this as a place to say what you like about being a nice guy, or what you like about nice guys. Im a glass half full kind of guy, I try to see the good in things. I know it helps me, mabye it will help you to stop dwelling on the bad and falling into the streotype of "to be a nice guy you must also lack confidence" and what not. When people say those things you just lose more confidence. I know, us nice guys care what people think. Why? because we are nice and we want other people to be happy also. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. BUT... shake off the haters, the close minded, and the immature.

SHOW YOUR TRUE COLORS AND WHY YOU LOVE NICE GUYS OR BEING ONE!

I feel the exact same way as your replies to number 2 and 3. It's such a shame some people can't get the difference... such fools.

Anyway, nicely put! I guess you and I are quite alike.

AFrozenSoul said:
Lol sorry I was laughing at your statement about the last guy a woman dates. Yes in a perfect world, but there is such a thing as cheating and divorce.

Anyway enough about that... lets look at your itemized list. Because you know all of these go hand in hand. We will start with number 1. You commit too fast.

Lets see what does this say. Well, to me it says that you have no standards. Well I won't say no standards, your standards are very simple, the human in question has 2 X chromosomes. Hell I would narrow it even further saying that the person in question has the opposite genitalia, real or otherwise. So what does that say to the girl? She is not special, she has not been chosen for anything besides her internal reproductive organs. You two just happened to bump into each other. That is all that sent you on this spiral down towards potential wife lane. She needs to feel like you are choosing her for more than that. She needs to feel like you are choosing her because she is special in some way. Pretty much every woman has the same thing between her legs. If that is all you need to want her then that is not enough to make her feel special. I know personally I like picky women and I expect them to like picky men. This spirals into item number 3

YES you are putting her up on a pedestal and worshipping her by committing too quickly. You are saying she is the best you can do. She is better than you, she can do better than you. Which brings the question why would she want to be with an inferior mate? After all the point of mating is to produce the next generation of offspring to outshine the last. We breed horses, dogs, cats.. rats... umm pretty much every animal. Deep down humans are the same. Every woman wants to be with that football legend so her child will be stronger. Every woman wants to be with that restaurant owner so her children will be richer. Who are you, some schmuck on the street who is little better than a pet. Why would she want to breed with the man on the street? Do you have a 15 inch unit? Well she can't see because you are so far beneath her. You let her step further on you by being "easy-going"

I laughed when you said that. Seriously what is the difference between being easy-going and agreeing with everything? Nothing, they are two phrases that mean the same basic thing. I think it is cute that you tried though. There is a time and place to be easy-going. Being easy-going avoids unneeded conflict. If you avoid conflict now, what happens when you are paired with her and a conflict arises. That would say to her that you are not going to stand up for your collective thoughts. It says you are a wimp who will let others walk all over you because you are too scared to stand up, and be a man.

Be a man, while that is pretty stereotypical negative comment. I sit down and think about it. Why would a woman want a man who is not a man? I have to ask this question. Men have principles and beliefs. Men are the protectors of the young. It is this way in most of nature, at least for mammals. So a woman will want a man. Not another woman with a penis. I have the same feelings. I am not attracted to tomboys. Why because they are men with vaginas. I am already a man, I do not need another skewed one in my life. I want a woman in my life. Women are the same way. We want our opposite because it adds a new and fresh view to our life.

You also mentioned something about being a badboy... friend, you have it all wrong. Women want a person, a person has their own beliefs, a person gets sad, happy, cute, gross, sexy, and dirty. A person has their own way of life, their own beliefs. A person finds happiness in their way. A person knows what makes them happy and avoids what makes them mad or sad. You do not have to be a bad boy to stand up for yourself. You just have to be a guy. Starting a conflict does not make you a bad person. Conflict is what makes people interesting. Women get bored easily. If there is conflict, there is something to keep things interesting.

I qualify myself as a nice guy. However, I cannot take pride on this thread. What you have described is not a nice guy, but is a wuss. Wusses make me sick. They ***** and moan about everything. Yet they never do anything to change or make things better. I do my fair share of bitching and moaning. However, I also do my fair share to correct the problems in my life. Wusses, sit here and complain about how they are not doing anything wrong. However, you keep down this path. Please do, that way there are plenty of girlfriends out there who are unsatisfied and horny, yet not attracted to their boyfriend. That makes them all the easier to bed. The only thing they will mutter right before I rail them is "I have a boyfriend", yet they won't stop me.

Or you can look at everything this girl said and take it to heart. Next time you are dating a girl, make sure you are dating another girl at the same time or make sure she is secondary in your schedule. Next time a topic you disagree on comes up, let her know and have a discussion. These are very small simple things that will fix the 3 problems you have. None make you a bad guy, none will get you negative karma. All will make her stick around.

Represent :cool:

But in all seriousness, you too got some things pretty wrong. However, I don't really care enough to go in detail ;)

Hello Guys, That is all good things but reality is not like that at least, in Portugal. In Portugal looks like, is apart of the world for a odd reason.

It's not having no back bone, or having a very low self-esteem. Nice guys, who are really nice know that they can make or break a girl. But they just choose not to. Because they're nice. They know when arguing is pointless and they can give in to make other people happy. Come to think of it, they have better self-esteem than us who can ''stand for what we believe in''

floffyschneeman said:
It's not having no back bone, or having a very low self-esteem. Nice guys, who are really nice know that they can make or break a girl. But they just choose not to. Because they're nice. They know when arguing is pointless and they can give in to make other people happy. Come to think of it, they have better self-esteem than us who can ''stand for what we believe in''

Yes, because if a girl didn't believe that her every meal was the paragon of culinary benevolence, her entire world would be shaken, stirred and broken to pieces.

IgnoredOne said:
Yes, because if a girl didn't believe that her every meal was the paragon of culinary benevolence, her entire world would be shaken, stirred and broken to pieces.

hmm such a weird description of a girl you have there, just as most stereotyped ''nice guys''. It's about knowing how to say something in a manner that won't hurt your loved one's feelings. And I think girls are not babies. If you are with a girl who cries when you tell her something she made is not so good, then I guess, whatever floats your boat. That's the difference between nice guys and normal guys who would, most likely than not, argue every little thing just so their manly ego stays intact.

In the end, it would boil down if the two of you click. If you do, even if he's a ''nice guy'', if you like him, you would. Despite what many would say. I love my ''nice guy'' :)

girls will be girls...boys will be boys.

Women likes men.
Men likes women.

Nice guys???? how about just saying you're a fucken BOY...
You havn't mentally, emotionally, sexaully, spritaully grown up.

being a grown up dosnt neccesarry mean in terms of
just having a fucken job and paying the fucken bills...

You might read about it...you might have an idea about it..
you might hear about it...but until you actaully lived it
and experinced it...it's how you'll gain maturity and really, really know.

Lonesome Crow said:
girls will be girls...boys will be boys.

Women likes men.
Men likes women.

Nice guys???? how about just saying you're a fucken BOY...
You havn't mentally, emotionally, sexaully, spritaully grown up.

being a grown up dosnt neccesarry mean in terms of
just having a fucken job and paying the fucken bills...

You might read about it...you might have an idea about it..
you might hear about it...but until you actaully lived it
and experinced it...it's how you'll gain maturity and really, really know.

and the world is not black and white. or maybe we just have a different understanding of the word ''nice guy''. You have your own experiences that made you tough and the man you are today and you are well respected for that, but not everyone has to be like you.

floffyschneeman said:
hmm such a weird description of a girl you have there, just as most stereotyped ''nice guys''. It's about knowing how to say something in a manner that won't hurt your loved one's feelings. And I think girls are not babies. If you are with a girl who cries when you tell her something she made is not so good, then I guess, whatever floats your boat. That's the difference between nice guys and normal guys who would, most likely than not, argue every little thing just so their manly ego stays intact.

That was sarcastic, and I was expressing how I felt that /shouldn't/ matter.

its a lot easyer to treat people badly , behave like an ass.

you need to be a lot more "grown up" to be a nice guy.
you need to consider other peoples feelings, pick your battles.
think about what others are saying.
just shooting your mouth of, saying things rude or louder just because you think your know it al doesnt make you right.

i treat people nicely cause i look around, i see what it does to people when theyre treated like dirt.
there are lots of people hurting cause some insecure ass.. needs to make himself feel better by putting someone els down.

if anything you need to grow up a hell of a lot to become a nice guy.
its not about letting people walk all over you.
its about knowing whats important, knowing when to fight back or just let it go.
knowing how to expres yourself and your opinions without disrespecting anyone.
its about common decency really.
something a lot of people seem to have forgotten about.

IgnoredOne said:
floffyschneeman said:

That was sarcastic, and I was expressing how I felt that /shouldn't/ matter.

She was just explaining how there are different ways of dealing with such a situation. A nice guy manages to stand up for himself while still sparing her feelings. Pretty sweet if you ask me! ;)

paulo said:
its a lot easyer to treat people badly , behave like an ass.

you need to be a lot more "grown up" to be a nice guy.
you need to consider other peoples feelings, pick your battles.
think about what others are saying.
just shooting your mouth of, saying things rude or louder just because you think your know it al doesnt make you right.

i treat people nicely cause i look around, i see what it does to people when theyre treated like dirt.
there are lots of people hurting cause some insecure ass.. needs to make himself feel better by putting someone els down.

if anything you need to grow up a hell of a lot to become a nice guy.
its not about letting people walk all over you.
its about knowing whats important, knowing when to fight back or just let it go.
knowing how to expres yourself and your opinions without disrespecting anyone.
its about common decency really.
something a lot of people seem to have forgotten about.

+1 well said :)

Latest posts

Back