Nightmares

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bish33

Reaction score
Ever since I was young, I have had reoccurring nightmares. They went a way for a long time. Only in the past year basically have they come back. Does anyone know how the hell to get rid of them? LOL

1. Interpret what they might mean

2. Try to solve the corresponding real-life problem(s)

Thanks I can try to do that. **** sure know I would like I good night sleep again. Dang things are driving me crazy

I read a technique is to put yourself back in the nightmare and control the outcome. make the outcome what you would have wanted. that way you feel more in control of your dreams. ive done it a lot after i wake up from a nightmare. its hard at first b/c the last thing you want to is revisit it, but after doing it a couple times it gets easier. For example i had a dream that my sister was stabbed to death. so i went back to the situation, after i woke up, and changed it to what i would have wanted to happen, which is her not getting stabbed. Once you get good at doing that after you wake up you can even start controlling your dream when you're in it. for instances, last night my dream started turning into a war, people shooting up others, and while i was in my dream i thought to myself, 'i dont want to be in a war. and its my dream so i shouldnt have to if i dont want to.' and i walked away. and the war ended.

My Nana has nightmares a lot and is even under the doctor for them. It can be very serious. I even burt her a dream-catcher [img=200x200]http://www.peacefulmind.com/images/dreamcatcher.jpg[/img]

Its supposed to catch the bad dreams. She did put it up in her bedroom but she still gets nightmares :(

I have only ever had 2 nightmares in my life and I remember both very vividly indeed. In fact one is moor scary but for other reasons that maybe I well tell when I feel like typing moor :p But I feel for you if you have this problem. Its not a nice thing.

Have you tried something like a hypnotherapist?

PS, You don't wont to know how long it just took me to get the spilling for hypnotherapist lol

Latest posts

Back