No hope for any confidence.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weakness-

Reaction score
I'm going to say it right now: for my entire life, I've been called fat and all of the variations of it. I've been called ugly, had racial slurs thrown at me and have been compared to easy girls. And I'm only 19..

Yesterday, for the first time in my life, I've felt pretty good about myself, only to have it torn to shreds by a few friends. They started poking fun at my weight and body, the fact that I'm still single, and I've been called a slut.

Today, I sat in my room and started crying for the first time in a month. I couldn't believe that no matter how hard I try to be happy, the people that I call my friends would just break me down like this. I've even started to consider throwing myself into the river to end the pain.

Is it too much to ask to be happy?

Hi Weakness.:)

True friends are so rare these days. If these "Friends" torture you with remarks about your weight or anything else that you are very self-conscious about, tell them to go to Hell. They will respond by saying: calm down, we're just messing with ya.

Don't you dare calm down! That's just more fuel for them to continue. Tell them that if they keep it up you won't hang out with them any longer. It is integral that you have self respect. If not, you will never get respect from others.

Those dorks have as many problems as you do, they just don't want anyone else to know. It takes just as much courage to cry as it does not to. You stand up and deliver them a dose of "Stop ******* with me." Then you will see changes.

These do not sound like friends they sound has if they chosen evil over friendship consider them just that. Change friends these people don't deaserve your time. I am sorry people have been mean to you. Things spoken in manner which is evil has no value and is never right so consider the people who said such things liers and not truthful.

they dont sound like friends...when i do have friends they would never say things like that to me...at least not to my face o.0

I agree, friends don't do that! I'd hit them if they said that to me. Maybe you should stop being friends with them if they continue to harm you, at least try to get new ones....

Don't let them make you feel bad! Most importantly don't do something stupid for this stupid unsensitive persons.

Don't let the bastards get you dawn.

I know it's hard. Good luck.

Sounds like bullying to me!

If your comfortable with your weight, fresia whatever anyone else thinks! If your uncomfortable, lose weight.

The only important thing is how you feel. :)

If you feel good, you look good!

:/ you know, if you are worried about your weight, why not lose weight? It is not that hard to do. It is something that can be a little slow though. Plus working out makes you feel a lot better in general.

You made a list of targets. If the targets are not there, what can they shoot at? It is really win/win. You feel better, look better, and they can only make fun of you out of their own insecurity.

I would look for new friends. They are certainly not worth throwing yourself into the river over. You are worth 100 of them.

They are not your friends. I had a friend who was very overweight for her age, she had a pear shaped head as well. None of us (her friends) ever made fun of her weight or her odd shaped head, ever. Friends don't do that to each other.

And why are you being called a slut? Is there any reason for it, do you sleep around? If not then I wouldn't pay any attention to those idiots. If you are, then for goodness sakes keep your legs closed and you won't get called a slut. (lol jk)

Getting your confidence back will be very difficult to do, you need to surround yourself with people who won't do what your so called friends do. People that will make you feel good.

Latest posts

Back