no one will ever understand how much it hurts.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolagemma

Reaction score
'It's like you screaming, and no one can hear, you almost feel ashamed, that someone could be that important, that without them, you feel like nothing, no one will ever understand how much it hurts, you feel hopeless, like nothing can save you, and when it's over, and it's gone, you almost wish that you could have all that bad stuff back, so that you could have the good.'

I feel you slipping away each and every day, my own insecurities are my worst enemy. Whether you are drifting away from me or not, I'm pushing you away because of my own doubts in myself. I cannot even describe the pain or even imagining my life without you, nevermind actually feeling us becoming less and less close. I adore you with every single piece of my heart. I'm selfish, and I'd say I just want you to be happy whatever happens, but that wouldn't be telling the truth. I want to be the one to make you smile and laugh every single day, I want to be the one to wake up next to you each morning and the one who is able to be there for you. I want to be the one which you would show off to your friends. I'm lost without you baby.

I love you.

You're wrong that no one can understand. I can. I've been there, still kinda am, but I can also say that it DOES get better.

I'm sure our stories are different, but I know the feeling you described.

i'm sure a lot of us have been there..or at least in a simialr situation..and we're here for you <3

'It's like you screaming, and no one can hear, you almost feel ashamed, that someone could be that important, that without them, you feel like nothing, no one will ever understand how much it hurts, you feel hopeless, like nothing can save you, and when it's over, and it's gone, you almost wish that you could have all that bad stuff back, so that you could have the good.'

I feel you slipping away each and every day, my own insecurities are my worst enemy. Whether you are drifting away from me or not, I'm pushing you away because of my own doubts in myself. I cannot even describe the pain or even imagining my life without you, nevermind actually feeling us becoming less and less close. I adore you with every single piece of my heart. I'm selfish, and I'd say I just want you to be happy whatever happens, but that wouldn't be telling the truth. I want to be the one to make you smile and laugh every single day, I want to be the one to wake up next to you each morning and the one who is able to be there for you. I want to be the one which you would show off to your friends. I'm lost without you baby.

I love you.

Copy pasta'd it. Why, because every word of it applied to me as well at some point in time. And after having recovered from my heartache for a such -long- time , I STILL experience moments where it hurts. I'm afraid your title is not quite true <3

I was there. Trust me, time heals all wounds. Now that look back, I can't believe I could have ever felt something like that towards her.

I'm getting quite sick of being an emotional wreck, I'm sick of putting my heart into someone else's hands, and feeling that crushing, empty feeling everytime someone stamps on it. I am sick of being taken for granted and sick of being the one to fall and no one catching me.
I've said this many times in my past, and each time I tell myself I won't fall again, I can't fall again, and it always seems to be a lie because it happens over, and over.
Maybe the only way to not get hurt, is to not involve myself with love at all. I've never been able to admit that I could feel content at the idea of loneliness, but now it seems like saying that out loud makes me feel slightly better. sorry to say, but I think it's time I walked away and never look back.

A girl told me once something very simple yet wise... "I don't fall in love unless I'm in a relationship".

If you are not corresponded, then is probably a good idea not to get involved. Once they correspond that's when you fall. If you get hurt, at least you've had your time once...

lolagemma said:
Maybe the only way to not get hurt, is to not involve myself with love at all. I've never been able to admit that I could feel content at the idea of loneliness, but now it seems like saying that out loud makes me feel slightly better. sorry to say, but I think it's time I walked away and never look back.

Gemma, at least on the bright side, you know guys are interested in you. Now is not the time for "never looking back", now is the time for "looking forward because it's only just begun" :)

Think of the good things. Remember how pretty much everyone on the forums said you were really pretty? That still holds true. You are also a genuine, nice person.

I may be a guy, but I can sympathise with a lot that you say. Right now and even in the past I have done the whole "I'm going to give up, it hurts less" thing. You know why? Because I'm unlucky. And from the sound of it, you're unlucky too.

Look around you and I bet you will see girls that are not as nice or even as pretty as you in relationships. Does that mean they are better people or are more attractive? No. At best it means they are luckier to have found someone in line with their feelings, at worst it means they have lower standards and would date a huge range of people.

Try not to worry so much about this. You have been close to someone before and that is a good thing. I can say that not even getting close to someone really sucks, quite possibly as much as getting close and then finding they're not for you for whatever reason.

So...yeah. Be optimistic, don't let the setbacks get you down. It's a cliche, but if you keep trying hard you will find someone that appreciates that :)

Felix said:
A girl told me once something very simple yet wise... "I don't fall in love unless I'm in a relationship".

If you are not corresponded, then is probably a good idea not to get involved. Once they correspond that's when you fall. If you get hurt, at least you've had your time once...

That's actually bloody good advice Felix, I know that I keep damning my future relationships by falling head-over-heels before I've even got talking to someone :\
Have a rep cookie :D

I understand what your saying, but seriously, I've done so well in the past 2 years, I don't want to sound like omg poor me, because that's not what I'm doing. I had a really bad experience with an ex who really did crush me, I have been on medication since to try and stop me hurting myself, which is pretty pathetic to even think about, I have fought and fought my depression to a stage where I had actually started feeling good about myself and this guy comes along, and within about 3 weeks of speaking, that's it, I can't even describe the amount of love I have for him, and the feeling seemed to be mutual. I adore him with every single piece of me, he's actually my world, I spend every day just thinking about him, and I even dream about him. I know I sound like a complete psycho, but it's how I felt. stupid stuff that made me feel like a child, I smiled horendously when I saw him calling me, or a message from him, the butterflies in my stomach were to the extent where sometimes I actually felt sick. I've never, ever felt like that about someone before, ever, and I have been in love. and for it to fall through, is just beyond devastating. it's not your normal, oh wow I fancy him, and I get rejected, that I would much, much rather take. It just annoys me that I'm either at one extreme or the other, I'm never just happy, or just okay. It's always completely and utterly delighted, or that depressed to the point where I don't know what to do with myself. I just want to be normal, I don't want my emotions to play these messed up games with me. I just want to be okay, and if being lonely, or just forgetting the idea of love is what can give me that, I'm more than happy to have that. :/
totally sad I know. :l

lolagemma said:
I understand what your saying, but seriously, I've done so well in the past 2 years, I don't want to sound like omg poor me, because that's not what I'm doing. I had a really bad experience with an ex who really did crush me, I have been on medication since to try and stop me hurting myself, which is pretty pathetic to even think about, I have fought and fought my depression to a stage where I had actually started feeling good about myself and this guy comes along, and within about 3 weeks of speaking, that's it, I can't even describe the amount of love I have for him, and the feeling seemed to be mutual. I adore him with every single piece of me, he's actually my world, I spend every day just thinking about him, and I even dream about him. I know I sound like a complete psycho, but it's how I felt. stupid stuff that made me feel like a child, I smiled horendously when I saw him calling me, or a message from him, the butterflies in my stomach were to the extent where sometimes I actually felt sick. I've never, ever felt like that about someone before, ever, and I have been in love. and for it to fall through, is just beyond devastating. it's not your normal, oh wow I fancy him, and I get rejected, that I would much, much rather take. It just annoys me that I'm either at one extreme or the other, I'm never just happy, or just okay. It's always completely and utterly delighted, or that depressed to the point where I don't know what to do with myself. I just want to be normal, I don't want my emotions to play these messed up games with me. I just want to be okay, and if being lonely, or just forgetting the idea of love is what can give me that, I'm more than happy to have that. :/
totally sad I know. :l

The thing is though, Gemma, that you are kidding yourself if you think you can simply "forget" love. Trust me on this one.

The one and only girl that has shown me real attention so far was really kind of messed up priority-wise, she really screwed with my feelings. I spent about half a year just feeling like utter, utter crap.

The result was me resolving that "I'm never going to go through this bull again, even if I find 'love' at the end of it."

Now, half a year later, I've already been looking again. It's just how it works. As intellectually satisfactory as it may be to say "Yes, I'm not going to go for love again", the biological drive of the human body to do so is extremely powerful and it will drag you back regardless if the pure loneliness does not.

Try to set yourself comfortable, simple goals for when you are single. That might help.

You don't sound like a "psycho" or "sad" or anything like that. You simply sound confused and upset, which is perfectly natural.

Also, I don't mean this offensively, but I think you seriously need to step back and take stock of what your idea of 'love' is. I don't think I've ever felt it and I don't think most unmarried, un-permanently-committed people have.

What I have felt is compulsive obssession towards someone based simply on what I observe of them, backed up by what my mind starts constructing based on them.

This is not healthy, since that very "real" image can easily be shattered when the person does not live up to it. Then suddenly you'll feel held to ransom by emotion, as you described. It develops into a spiral of feelings until the bad is a lot more intense than anything good.

At least, that's how it felt for me, and it sounds like you're going through the same kind of thing.

Right now, I've even told myself in another thread "I will try to last 6 months without looking for a girlfriend". I'm not sure I will manage it, frankly. Just like you, I either feel really happy that someone's giving me attention (even if it's ridiculously minor), or really depressed that people seemingly aren't.

Ultimately, when it boils down to it, you need to logically look at what has happened. As I said earlier, it's just the beginning for you. You're still getting used to your emotions and what you expect from relationships, the concept of love for you is not yet fully established, regardless of what your feelings may have told you in the past.

When you love someone, you won't feel honeysuckle like this, even at the worst moments in time. It'll be there through the highs and lows, a constant feeling that things are always resolvable because there's always a support there. That's how I see it, anyway.

I think in this modern age, it is very easy to get information on someone, start building them into a titanic image of perfection without realising and then start feeling very, very intense emotions for something which isn't always accurate, so when it collapses it hurts.

Don't be so hard on yourself and try to look at the picture as a whole. Many of the things you're upset about are perfectly resolvable, honestly :)

Okay so, been doing a few updates the past few days on all my posts.
Thought I'd update you all on this situation.

Basically he doesn't speak to me any more, I tried keeping in touch, tried putting more effort into things with him and he's just come to his senses I suppose? He doesn't respond to texts, phone calls, emails or anything. So, yeah haha. Sorry this update couldn't be as cheery as the rest, but heyho. Suppose you shouldn't believe people when they tell you they love you huh.

First of all you don't need to feel like no one understands because it isn't

http://www.elyricsworld.com/no_one_understands_lyrics_bayside.html < lyrics because they are the important part about a good song.

Everything you said in that posts OP, OP (haha) completely rang home with me. This is everything I want to say to my girlfriend and I feel like because she is so introvert I cannot get through to her enough because she is afraid of me rejecting, laughing at her problems. It is like she has thought for all her life 'no one understands' and she has become so influenced by this that it has become a fear. Don't think that 'no one understands' because when you do someone may come along who wants to understand and he will be rejected by your inability to open up your mind. Someone like me who fell in love with a girl who thinks I don't accept her, why would I not if I didn't love her?

I knew she had a problem. Found it was true (with evidence) and now I can see I have such a massive task on my hands to try and understand who she really is underneath all the layers.

Latest posts

Back