noob

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOLA

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a 22 year old guy going to law school in new orleans. I grew up in Chicago. I've been experiencing some epic loneliness the last several months. I found this site and figured I'd give it a whirl as it seems to be a nice group of folks.

This isn't the first time I've been so lonely, my first couple years of college were the same way. I had some great friends/roommates the last 2 years, so at least I finished with a smile on my face.

But now I'm far from home and far from the friends I had back there. I have the strangest roommate you could possibly ask for, at least until May when the lease ends! My main problem is that I lack buddies to hang out with. Now, despite that, I'm not a total shut in, I get out to movies, coffee shops, restaurants and I've even learned to go to bars alone AND I have a pretty sweet beard going on right now! But still, as you all probably know, doing stuff without another person can get REALLY lonely (except growing a beard, that's just pretty awesome regardless of other people).

Anyway...hi! If anyone's in New Orleans, I'll buy you a beer :)

Heya

I can only grow a weird-shaped goatee, so respect for the beardliness :D I went to the cinema alone for the first time last week too, kinda weird feeling but cool. Enjoy your time here an' stuff.

Hi! Well, I'm not in NOLA, but I can tell that you have a great sense of humor. I laughed out loud about your beard comments. Not that growing a beard is something to laugh at--I just like your attitude that it can be entertainment.

It must be quite a culture shock to go from Chicago to New Orleans! I'm from the midwest, too, and I've been in L.A. for the past nine years, and I still can't get used to it. All my family and many of my friends are back home, and it's very hard. Eveyone says that if you go out, get involved in things, etc. that you'll meet people. Well, I do, but I just don't usually develop the kind of close connection I crave--more of just acquaintances.

I hope that you'll find the friends you're looking for, and in the meantime, I admire that you're still hanging in there.

Latest posts

Back