Not a reason to live

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puregoddess

Reaction score
I was going to post this in "relationships" but I don't think that's the main problem.

I just don't find a reason to live, I mean, I have a job, I love what I do but the things are work are not ok, I don't get along with my boss, she's a nun and it seems anything is right for her, she's so hypocrite, it depresses me because I try to do my job but she's never happy and it makes my job uncofmfortable.

I don't have friends, I can't talk about my problems to anyone because my "friends" inmediatly become in know it all judges and it sucks, I don't have a boyfriend, I've never had one.

I don't like what I'm leaving, and it has always been like this, I'm tiured of being alone, noone ever likes me, well yes, but they are old men who I don't feel atractted to, not friends, I want to have someone to look pretty to, no, it's not enough with myself. The only huy I liked has a girfriend, sometimes I think destiny has something against me, if destinydoesn't exist, then God has something against me and he wants to see me alone. I've being like this always, ALWAYS and I'm sick of it, don't I derserve to be happy? I see everyone with a boyfriend b ut it seems I can't.

I don't like living like this, there's no point, there's no happiness, there's no satisfaction, I practically have no personal life, only professional life and it sucks. I can't live like this, it's to much stress, to much depression, to tired. I want to be pretty for someone, I want to make happy to someone, I want to laugh and to have fun and to love and it doesn't happen, am I wrong to want to have a life? I don't have it and it sucks what I'm leaving. I've worked on it, it doesn't work. I just don't want to be like this.[/quote]

Hey

So you're looking for happiness in a boyfriend, you haven't mentioned anxiety or shyness so have you tried dating sites/apps or actually speed dating?

You speak of destiny/God so maybe you haven't just met the right person yet. It could be that destiny/God wants it to be right for you when the time arrives. As hard as it is to be feel so alone it is more important to keep going. Keep looking and never give up.

puregoddess said:
The only huy I liked has a girfriend

Maybe like more guys i.e. reduce your standards? I also can think of 100 qualities in a desirable woman, but I would settle with a half of that and be perfectly happy.

Also, people need to put different amounts of effort to be where they want to be: professionally, socially, bodily, romantically. My point is that you are dealt a hand and it's not going to change in this life, so you might as well play it to its best. :) Heads up and don't get discouraged!

Its always the moment you give up on love that you find it. Use this time to work on yourself, you say you want to look pretty for someone, well i've found that looking pretty for no one can attract people to you. Don't rush for the first guy that comes your way, mingle a bit. As for your boss, do your best that's all you can truly do. Try not to stress. If you want a social life you have to go after it, go out to places where you are more likely to meet men or friends, such as night clubs, the library, church, concerts, or local events. Dating sites are good too but be careful. You just have to networks, be bold approach someone in the grocery store ;) you never know where you will meet someone.

CherrySlushie91 said:
Its always the moment you give up on love that you find it. Use this time to work on yourself, you say you want to look pretty for someone, well i've found that looking pretty for no one can attract people to you. Don't rush for the first guy that comes your way, mingle a bit.

That is an awesome way of putting what I was thinking. I agree with this. Also, don't be so hard on yourself. We all have imperfections. But what a lot of don't realize is that we can find someone who finds some beauty in those imperfections.

CherrySlushie91 said:
Its always the moment you give up on love that you find it. Use this time to work on yourself, you say you want to look pretty for someone, well i've found that looking pretty for no one can attract people to you. Don't rush for the first guy that comes your way, mingle a bit. As for your boss, do your best that's all you can truly do. Try not to stress. If you want a social life you have to go after it, go out to places where you are more likely to meet men or friends, such as night clubs, the library, church, concerts, or local events. Dating sites are good too but be careful. You just have to networks, be bold approach someone in the grocery store ;) you never know where you will meet someone.

I will try this, I like seeing pretty but sometimes I think like: why? why do i do this, anyone is seeing me, what's the point?

I want to have a social life but I don't do so much to have it, I complain a lot like: I want to go out" and when someone invites me I'm like, oh no I'm not going to have fun, it's always the same, but I will try to do whay you sggest me, I will put more effort and try to feel better.. thankyou for your comment, reallly :)

That is an awesome way of putting what I was thinking. I agree with this. Also, don't be so hard on yourself. We all have imperfections. But what a lot of don't realize is that we can find someone who finds some beauty in those imperfections.

I've heard a lot this :( I think I have to work on that but I dno't even know when I'm being hard on myself, but thankyou for the reminder, I will have to see it more carefully, thank you!

I never try to pick up girls, in fact I have not been on a date in a year. Yet anytime I go out 2/3 girls will approach me. I'm definately a bad guy to approach because I'm genuinely not interested. I have not been since I broke up w my ex over a year ago.

In any event instead of trying to be pretty just try to be yourself. That will attract a lot of guys.

Oh my... I really can feel your pain. You have no idea. I could just feel as I was reading your entry. I feel just like that... like there isn't a reason to live. I feel the exact same way. It's like there's just no point in even living now. I don't expect things to change for the better either. I wish I could offer some reasonable advice, but I don't know what to say. I'd be a hypocrite to offer advice that even I can't even take. Such is life...

puregoddess said:

I've heard a lot this :( I think I have to work on that but I dno't even know when I'm being hard on myself, but thankyou for the reminder, I will have to see it more carefully, thank you!

You heard it a lot because it's true. No one can be harder on you than you. Nothing anyone ever says or does can ever beat you up quite like you stomping yourself down. Though it may be difficult for some, we can ignore put downs people throw at us. It's near impossible for us to ignore ourselves.

Loser#1 said:
I never try to pick up girls, in fact I have not been on a date in a year. Yet anytime I go out 2/3 girls will approach me. I'm definately a bad guy to approach because I'm genuinely not interested. I have not been since I broke up w my ex over a year ago.

In any event instead of trying to be pretty just try to be yourself. That will attract a lot of guys.

What a ridiculous post.

well, my advice would be this: live without expectations.
we all live with expectations: we expect better jobs, better relationships, better friends...
sad but true: no matter how hard you try your dreams still may not come true.
If no one loves you, then you love yourself. treat yourself like a princess. there is nothing wrong with you. we are always alone, no matter what. even with friends, valentines or family.
most important thing to do in this situation, is to love yourself. be your own best friend. and in time you will see: life will start to treat you better.
because treating yourself better is the key. it will change your perception and world will become a better place since that you change your way to look at it.
one more thing: accept the facts that you can't change and stop complaining about them.
if you are healthy and alive, consider yourself lucky because that is the only thing that matters for a fresh start.
take care and put a smile on your face!

oh, forgot to say,
there is no reason to live, don't look for reasons. (that was what i trying to tell with "live without expectations" ) just accept that fact and live without thinking about it so much.
good things come in small packages:
even the luxury of eating whatever you want should be enough to make you happy. stop searching for happiness in big things, look at small details and happiness will find you.

All I can say is I can completely relate. There are a few differences between us, but overall it is the same for both of us. Which is why I have already resolved to die. SOrry I cannot be more helpful.

I have no personal life either. I have a job and I like it real good, but in the end, I just have work and not life. Most ppl in town are just so mean. Try asking God to provide solutions for u to act on. Even when there's no one else, trust that u still have God.

AFrozenSoul said:
All I can say is I can completely relate. There are a few differences between us, but overall it is the same for both of us. Which is why I have already resolved to die. SOrry I cannot be more helpful.

Life is not the Disease and Death is not the Cure my friend.

you cant find reason to live. but tomorrow might be a little slightly different day. at least this one can help

I often feel like this, but I keep going on for the chance that I'll be wrong. Still waiting....

Latest posts

Back