Not given a chance.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkness

Reaction score
I'm lost, I'm confused, I'm lonely, I'm depressed, I'm sad...etc

Over the years though I have learn to deal with it, some days are way harder than others, but I still fight through it and try to push forward. I still get extremely sad seeing all these happy couples, all my friends growing up, college friends, coworkers starting families, going on vacations or just flat out having fun while I just sit and watch from the sidelines.

Over time though, I have learned that while those things are extremely fun to have in your life, they also require a ton of work. One mistake could cause all that to crumble down. I see and hear it all the time with married couples, 95% of married couples I have talked to tell me how smart I am. They tell me not to get married, stay single all your life. Don't make the mistake they did. I not making it sound like they hate each other. They are proud of there spouses, but they basically said they are limited to doing things now, unlike me who can do anything.

Basically though what I'm trying to get at. I know a lot of us are slowly getting use to being alone, some are still fighting it.

How many of you are like me and just sad that you never been given a chance? That is the number one thing that kills me inside and out. Not once has anyone gave me a chance. I can deal with the loneliness, sadness, depression...etc it is just not giving a chance that kills me to know end.

I understand how you feel. It's the one of the reasons why I don't care for my brother anymore. He's gotten every chance in the world to succeed, and failed at everyone. And not because he couldn't do it, or because it was impossible to achieve. But out of his pure uncaring nature about anything. Thing is, I felt like I had to make my own chances, and I've packed my stuff and moved. Now, I've got to make my own way and my own path.

Darkness said:

Over the years though I have learn to deal with it, some days are way harder than others, but I still fight through it and try to push forward. I still get extremely sad seeing all these happy couples, all my friends growing up, college friends, coworkers starting families, going on vacations or just flat out having fun while I just sit and watch from the sidelines.

Over time though, I have learned that while those things are extremely fun to have in your life, they also require a ton of work. One mistake could cause all that to crumble down. I see and hear it all the time with married couples, 95% of married couples I have talked to tell me how smart I am. They tell me not to get married, stay single all your life. Don't make the mistake they did. I not making it sound like they hate each other. They are proud of there spouses, but they basically said they are limited to doing things now, unlike me who can do anything.

Basically though what I'm trying to get at. I know a lot of us are slowly getting use to being alone, some are still fighting it.

How many of you are like me and just sad that you never been given a chance? That is the number one thing that kills me inside and out. Not once has anyone gave me a chance. I can deal with the loneliness, sadness, depression...etc it is just not giving a chance that kills me to know end.

People tell me all that time to stay single or keep it that way. A family friend tells me all the time, "Maria, I got a cousin for you in Mexico. He's single." I was like no way...

Darkness said:

I'm curious, how old are you, and why do you think you have never been given a chance (at friendships, relationships, etc)?

hye345 said:
I'm curious, how old are you, and why do you think you have never been given a chance (at friendships, relationships, etc)?

I'm 27 years old. I have a lot of friends, just no close friends.I have never been on a date, I have always been rejected when I did ask woman out. Back in high school I never got to experience prom nor homecoming. I had friends trying to hook me up with some people, but naturally they didn't want nothing to do with me. I had one girl at work tell me that I'm to short, which is why she wouldn't give me a chance ( that doesn't really bother me as much though, since she judges people by appearance. She probably isn't a keeper or worth it. )

I'm 5'5, 130pounds and I look super young for my age. A lot of people think I'm younger than 18 and that isn't know lie. I'm very athletic which is why I don't gain any weight since I'm constantly burning it off and I work a pretty physical job at a factory.

Hello Darkness,
Trust me your not alone here. I myself have made a lot of friends, but I always wanted true friendships. Shortly after usually people who I was friends with all got married and went off too college. Pretty much felt like I was alone and unworthy but I don't think that's the case. And that's true, anyone who judges you based on looks alone is not worth your time. You need to be with someone who loves you for you, not a shallow person. Know it sounds all easy said than done, but I'm sure the right person will find you one day. Just keep your eyes open. =)

I wish the best of luck to you! Keep us updated if you need to get anything else off your chest.

Darkness said:

^ I really like this and is something that I've come to the realization of in the past few days. I've noticed that people who have friends have to go out when they are called, have to call and attend calls; text, FB update (or whatever it is that you do on there) and tweet stuff... I would be caught dead doing even one of those.

Maybe it the introversion speaking or the negligence that I've gone through for all these years that has turned me into a shut-in who can't enjoy all that.

So yeah. I'm growing more and more comfortable with loneliness or rather, with being alone.

WallflowerGirl83 said:
Hello Darkness,
Trust me your not alone here. I myself have made a lot of friends, but I always wanted true friendships. Shortly after usually people who I was friends with all got married and went off too college. Pretty much felt like I was alone and unworthy but I don't think that's the case. And that's true, anyone who judges you based on looks alone is not worth your time. You need to be with someone who loves you for you, not a shallow person. Know it sounds all easy said than done, but I'm sure the right person will find you one day. Just keep your eyes open. =)

I wish the best of luck to you! Keep us updated if you need to get anything else off your chest.

Thank You!

SomeoneSomewhere said:
Darkness said:

^ I really like this and is something that I've come to the realization of in the past few days. I've noticed that people who have friends have to go out when they are called, have to call and attend calls; text, FB update (or whatever it is that you do on there) and tweet stuff... I would be caught dead doing even one of those.

Maybe it the introversion speaking or the negligence that I've gone through for all these years that has turned me into a shut-in who can't enjoy all that.

So yeah. I'm growing more and more comfortable with loneliness or rather, with being alone.

I do have a facebook, but I don't use any other kind of social network. I just add people that know and had conversations with in real life. Facebook does have some positives, but it also has a lot of negative as well.

I'm glad you are able to get use to loneliness, I know it is really hard and will be a constant battle with us the rest of our lives. Hopefully maybe someone will come along and end it for us, but who knows. Only time will tell.

Darkness said:
hye345 said:

I'm 27 years old. I have a lot of friends, just no close friends.I have never been on a date, I have always been rejected when I did ask woman out. Back in high school I never got to experience prom nor homecoming. I had friends trying to hook me up with some people, but naturally they didn't want nothing to do with me. I had one girl at work tell me that I'm to short, which is why she wouldn't give me a chance ( that doesn't really bother me as much though, since she judges people by appearance. She probably isn't a keeper or worth it. )

I'm 5'5, 130pounds and I look super young for my age. A lot of people think I'm younger than 18 and that isn't know lie. I'm very athletic which is why I don't gain any weight since I'm constantly burning it off and I work a pretty physical job at a factory.

I honestly can't find anything wrong from your description about your appearance and you seem confident about it so it can't be the way you look.
What about your personality? Is it possible something about how you are causes girls to not give you a chance? I have known girls who barely care about appearance as long as the guy has a reasonable education and a job.

Waffle said:
What about your personality? Is it possible something about how you are causes girls to not give you a chance? I have known girls who barely care about appearance as long as the guy has a reasonable education and a job.

That would be the million dollar question. I really don't know.

Latest posts

Back