Not Really A 'People Person' Anymore...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skid Row 89 said:
duff said:
I'm not complaining though, I prefer my life as it is now. Two years ago every day I seemed to be waiting for a text from somebody, or sending 'hello' messages on facebook. I was trying to make friends and I didn't enjoy it. People hardly replied to my messages and they definately never initiated the contact. It was all bullshite.
This sounds a lot like me maybe two or three odd years ago also. It makes me laugh to think that I used to care when someone didn't reply to me on Facebook chat or something akin to that haha. It's far better to make friends naturally without going to such lengths to win them over.

Yes perhaps youre right (sorry to repond slowly) it could be my age, only 31 and msot people i used to know in relationships etc.. I suppose I do have alot of free time But im just oing throuh misanthropic tendencies now as much as iI ahte to admit. Im not sure whats wrong with me.

JustALonelyGuy said:
Back when I was younger, and even not so long ago, I used to be a 'people person'. I Used to love talkin to people and gettin to know them and making friends.

Lately though, I ahve found I want to keep myself to myself more ( I am evens struggling with comin here, posting and responding)

Why have I become like this? the last few years I seeminly met more and more hostile people. it even got harder to meet people online. Everyone these days seems so negative, apathetic, cold and closed off to others. I can't even meet many new friends online because this 'opnenesss' has been lost, not just by them, but perhaps by me aswell. I wouldn't dream of just 'blaming others' for my downfall.

So nowadays, I keep myself to myself. I ahve one ood friend outside the internet and about 2, maybe 3 I tlak to on msn and a lady I talk to from here through hotmail.

Anyone else in this situation where they felt people and themselves are going abckwards?

Oh my god, are you me? You put my mind into words how I've been feelin' for a couple of years.

HumanZ said:
JustALonelyGuy said:
Back when I was younger, and even not so long ago, I used to be a 'people person'. I Used to love talkin to people and gettin to know them and making friends.

Lately though, I ahve found I want to keep myself to myself more ( I am evens struggling with comin here, posting and responding)

Why have I become like this? the last few years I seeminly met more and more hostile people. it even got harder to meet people online. Everyone these days seems so negative, apathetic, cold and closed off to others. I can't even meet many new friends online because this 'opnenesss' has been lost, not just by them, but perhaps by me aswell. I wouldn't dream of just 'blaming others' for my downfall.

So nowadays, I keep myself to myself. I ahve one ood friend outside the internet and about 2, maybe 3 I tlak to on msn and a lady I talk to from here through hotmail.

Anyone else in this situation where they felt people and themselves are going abckwards?

Oh my god, are you me? You put my mind into words how I've been feelin' for a couple of years.

This is me as well. :(

Latest posts

Back