Not Sure What To Think

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sira

Reaction score
Let me begin by saying that I could use the opinions of you great people here. Whether they can be considered harsh, or brutally honest... I want to hear them, because I just need someone to talk to.

I don't know what I'm looking for; perhaps I'm looking for someone to just kinda tell me if they can relate? Or what they would do in this situation? Or simply what they think.

I'm currently in a relationship, one that has been going on for over two and a half years. I guess it might be important to also know that I am currently in a same sex relationship, and I myself am bisexual. I am also nineteen years old, but I like to consider myself old enough to ask the kinds of questions I ask, as well as speak about the kinds of subjects I will speak of in this thread. I want to treat my relationship as a serious relationship, and therefore, I must concern myself with the way I feel right now.

I apologize if any of the subject matter here is offensive to anyone. I do not bring up the question because I wish to shock or gain some kind of attention, but simply because I need a way to sort out my thoughts and feelings.

Recently, my girlfriend admitted to me she was curious about Zoophilia. She had mentioned this before to me, and I think I handled it pretty okay in the past. But she told me that she recently joined a forum, and that she has been discussing it with Zoophiles. A curiousity, I can not fault. I personally, do not enjoy to entertain the thought of engaging in a relationship, (whether sexual, erotic, or simply a relationship that is more than the common love that is found for pets), with an animal. She herself, asked what I would think or feel if she did go through with it. And I told her that I don't know how I would feel about being with her if it became something that was a part of her sexual life. But... I feel guilty in saying that, because she says she loves me enough to not want to do something that would cause me to leave her. But this way of thinking seems wrong to me. It makes me feel as if I am depriving her of an experience that she desires or wants to have. This also applies to her having sex with a man. I am the only person she has ever had a sexual relationship with, and she as told me that she wants to know what it feels like to be with a man. Again, I can't fault her curiosity, and I find myself struggling between wanting to let her experience and live her life, and being jealous of her desires and what she wants.

Let me say that I while I personally don't find the prospect of having a relationship with an animal to be appealing, I do not vilify those that do. Now, this may offend some, but it is just what I think... Because I have watched documentaries about the subject and have heard the thoughts and opinions of those involved in a Zoophilic relationship, as well as having spoken to Zoophiles out of my own curiosity... I can find myself tolerant and accepting of Zoophilia. There is a difference between bestiality and Zoophilia, so I'm not talking about bestiality here. Bestiality I cannot agree with, because that I see as harmful. And although I personally am not excited by Zoophilia, I almost feel as if I am being too... for lack of a better word, bigoted against it. I do not hate Zoophilies, but I just find myself being a bit grossed out at the idea of my girlfriend having a relationship with an animal. I think I can understand it, but... I don't know. I am trying to figure out what I feel about this.

What do I even do in this situation? Do I end the relationship so that she can have sex with a man or an animal without feeling guilty about cheating? She says she would never do these things because she loves me and doesn't want to lose me, but I only feel guilty in hearing that because it makes me feel as if I am hindering her from experiencing what she wishes to experience.

I told her that she should put her personal happiness before mine, because she should never allow her life and her decisions to be fit into my own ideal or my own comfort zone, even if she does love me. I don't want her life to be about what makes ME happy and what I'M comfortable with. But in saying that, am I encouraging her to do that which I don't think I could be comfortable with? Would it be wrong to end my relationship with her because I just couldn't feel comfortable in knowing that she had a relationship with a dog? Throughout my relationship with her, I have done my best to be as open minded and as accepting as possible about her thoughts, ideas, opinions and desires. But... I just don't know what do here.

I don't even know what I'm asking for in posting this thread.

Anyone have any thoughts? Something that could get my mind working. I'm not sure what my thoughts are at this point. Anyone have a similar experience? Whether about Zoophilia or anything else? Heck, it could be about your significant other wanting to engage in a polygamous relationship or having a sexual experience with someone of the same sex. I guess I'm asking if anyone has ever had to deal with your significant other wanting to do something sexual that you weren't comfortable with? How did you deal with it, or overcome your discomfort for the sake of your love for them and your relationship?

Well, that is uh, that is different.

You know how she feels, she knows how you feel. The two of you seem to be pretty open and have good lines of communication. For you to end things with her would be selfish in a way, you are robbing her of making her own decision. I get that in your love for her you feel you should let her go so she can experience these things. She made her decision to keep you so she obviously truly does love you. For now it's you she wants more.

I am bisexual as well, and would find it very hard to be happy in a relationship with a woman who wanted to have sexual relations with animals as it would gross me out as well, if i am honest. Onne of the problems about being bisexual or gay is that we feel that we have to be totally ok and accepting towards other forms of sexual activity (other than pedophila, of course) which go against the norm, when inside we may not be really ok with it. As sex is such an important part of a relationship, I think that it is best to be with someone whose sexual attitudes are similar to your own.

It is not your responsibility to keep her from her regrets. It is her job to weight the benefits and losses by making choices. If these two things really bother her that much then she should end the relationship, not you.

To me, it really doesnt matter if it's an animal, a man, another woman, a thing. if it is anything other than the one you are in a relationship with, it can be considered cheating as you have mentioned.

trying a man? well, lets put it into perspective.. lets say a woman is in a relationship with a man. and is curious on what another man feels like. same thing right?

but like mentioned before, she chose you. yes there are things she wants to explore, but you arent holding her back, its her decision. i am sure there are things you want to do as well, but its not something she might have interest in doing together (ex: go traveling, or go visit a place) so does that mean you will never go? maybe not. is she holding you back? you can think that. would you regret not going? thats up to you to decide.

Hey there,

I feel like you're putting your happiness too much on hold for this girl. I mean where is you in this situation? You want her to consider her will and so on but do you consider yours? To me it feels like you're feeling guilty for your own feelings of being uncomfortable with certain things.

To be honest with you i believe it's completely justified to end the relationship if she engages in something you're not comfortable with. And as far as curiosity goes i can tell you this much, if she loves you and chooses to be with you then she has to make a few sacrifices, that being engaging in sexual activity just with you and keeping curiosity and fantasies at that level and not act on them. She should make sure that what she does it okay with you and doesn't leave you feeling uncomfortable cause i'm sure you do the same for her.

I don't think you should do anything else than what you did so far. Let her know that you'd be uncomfortable if she acted upon those desires and she should respect that. I feel like you're understanding enough by just considering it.

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back