Not sure where this fits.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elf

Reaction score
I'm not sure where to put this, so here it goes.
I thought I had a grip on my depression because last month was great, but it always creeps back.
I chase my thoughts trying to figure out why and what and who makes me so ******* depressed.
I have a boyfriend who does not want anything to do with my depression, just sees it as craziness, I need help honeysuckle. I just can't discuss half of what I think is wrong with him.
I had a friend, my only friend.. He's just gone... I don't even know... Just left without a reason.
Just want a friend... I wanna just lay my mind out there... Well just lay it out to someone..

Hi Elf.

Depression can be so complex, and I think everyone experiences it differently. It's definitely something that can fluctuate and I wouldn't take this as a sign of failure, from the sounds of it, you're doing well trying to keep it under control, I urge you to continue with this.

To be honest, I think your boyfriend is acting ignorant and maybe even selfish, having a strong support network can be important to people who suffer from depression, this is something you shouldn't have to make him realize, but it may help.

Don't think you're alone, you have us, remember. :)

exactly as 9006 says.

we are here whenever you need the extra push. try PM'ing a few people, perhaps you might make a real friend or two =)

Elf said:
I thought I had a grip on my depression because last month was great, but it always creeps back.
I chase my thoughts trying to figure out why and what and who makes me so ******* depressed.
I have a boyfriend who does not want anything to do with my depression, just sees it as craziness, I need help honeysuckle. I just can't discuss half of what I think is wrong with him.
I had a friend, my only friend.. He's just gone... I don't even know... Just left without a reason.
Just want a friend... I wanna just lay my mind out there... Well just lay it out to someone..

:(

I gotta say I agree with 9006. Talking to others may help a lot. There are lots of people on this forum who are very supportive. So, go on. PM me anytime if you wish to talk too. I think some parts of your story I can relate. Sighs..

Anyway, Regumika, you're being missed.

ladyforsaken said:
Elf said:

:(

I gotta say I agree with 9006. Talking to others may help a lot. There are lots of people on this forum who are very supportive. So, go on. PM me anytime if you wish to talk too. I think some parts of your story I can relate. Sighs..

Anyway, Regumika, you're being missed.

Go for it, still there, still doing it. Some days it's easy to dismiss some days those thoughts linger and stick. The doctor told me I'll probably relapse in 9 months to 5 years time, but I feel like it never actually goes away like a former alcoholic's desire to drink, more that how well you can cope varies.

Latest posts

Back