NYE rituals

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hazed

Reaction score
So back in the day before spotify, i used to make a music playlist of all the songs i listened alot to that year. Then on the 31st of December i would listen to it and sort of look both back and ahead. I don't do that anymore, but i was wondering:

Do you have any yearly ritual for the final day of the year?

In the past, go to bed by 10.

Today, after work, the kids and I will play Stranger Things monopoly, eat snacks, maybe watch a movie and go to bed at 12:01.

In the past i was talking to people around the world on MSN messenger with music playing . Now i am usually gaming and bringing in the NY that way:ROFLMAO:

When we were kids, I rang in the new year by playing board and card games with my brothers. And then we'd turn the TV on as the night went on, and watch the ball drop in different places as midnight got closer to us.

Earlier in the day, we'd usually visit my Grandma and make "Happy New Year" signs and take a picture together.

Those were always happy memories :)

When we were kids, I rang in the new year by playing board and card games with my brothers. And then we'd turn the TV on as the night went on, and watch the ball drop in different places as midnight got closer to us.

Earlier in the day, we'd usually visit my Grandma and make "Happy New Year" signs and take a picture together.

Those were always happy memories :)
I love that :)

New Year’s Eve/day is my least favourite holiday of the year. We usually just play video games, maybe a board game, then go to bed. Today, we’re cooking a turkey as the holidays have been extremely difficult this year and our usual Christmas traditions were put on hold. Making bread sauce too! North Americans usually don’t know what the heck that is, but you Brits most likely will. I love the stuff, was always a tradition growing up.

New Year’s Eve/day is my least favourite holiday of the year. We usually just play video games, maybe a board game, then go to bed. Today, we’re cooking a turkey as the holidays have been extremely difficult this year and our usual Christmas traditions were put on hold. Making bread sauce too! North Americans usually don’t know what the heck that is, but you Brits most likely will. I love the stuff, was always a tradition growing up.

Yes Ma'am.

I could care less about New Year's also. I understand what a difficult time it has been for yu and all of your family and I hope that next year's is a lot better.

I have no idea what bread sauce is unless you get bread and stick it in sauce and there you go, bread sauce.

Yes Ma'am.

I could care less about New Year's also. I understand what a difficult time it has been for yu and all of your family and I hope that next year's is a lot better.

I have no idea what bread sauce is unless you get bread and stick it in sauce and there you go, bread sauce.
*couldn't. Could implies you can care less.

Latest posts

Back