Oh how it sucks.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LifeIsElusive

Reaction score
Hey, my first post, woo. Probably my last as well. I met this girl recently. She was pretty much what I would've dreamed of but I scared her off by being too nice, and shes quite a bit older than me which doesn't help my case. I think we had a whole lot in common. It seemed almost weird how much we shared views on things and she was attractive to boot. Now, it's unlikely that she'll want to be my friend again and any prospect of "getting close" is all but gone. I was actually working out everyday setting some goals to run a triathlon and get better at my new hobby of climbing but I'm not feeling up to it this week, although I'll probably get back into the swing things since I hate feeling like I'm getting fat. I'm going for some abs and it's almost spring break.. not that it matters. I don't forsee myself getting any females and I'm not one to really go out trying. Not overly interested in all that to be honest. Few girls are good enough, haha and ironically, even fewer give me a chance. So meeting this one who actually gave me at least somewhat the light of day wasn't all bad I suppose. It just sucks being alone when you find someone you know you could have been happy with. I think my age had the most to do with it, and I got judged by her because of it. Unfairly so since I was the one who asked all the questions, I can't even recall one she asked about me. I'm not sure the point of this, so if you're bored reading this I apologize. Another story of being bad with women and losing any opportunity with the coolest girl ever. Story of my life.

not to rain on your parade, but too many people think relationships are one sided, and then become depressed when it doesnt work out (in their mind).

she may very well be what you want, but are you what she wants? everyone is "im attracted to her, i liker her, she is the one for me" (or he). but.. that doesnt default you to be the one for them.

i read a thread a while ago. talking about how "I cant get a girl to like me, and THERE ARE GIRLS THAT LIKE ME BUT THEY ARE NOT MY TYPE.... why cant i get any girls..."

Regumika said:
not to rain on your parade, but too many people think relationships are one sided, and then become depressed when it doesnt work out (in their mind).

she may very well be what you want, but are you what she wants? everyone is "im attracted to her, i liker her, she is the one for me" (or he). but.. that doesnt default you to be the one for them.

i read a thread a while ago. talking about how "I cant get a girl to like me, and THERE ARE GIRLS THAT LIKE ME BUT THEY ARE NOT MY TYPE.... why cant i get any girls..."
For some people, contemplating that question requires too much effort on their part.

If she considered you unworthy simply because of your age then sorry, but she wasn't worth it in the first place. Keep on with your training and forget about her. You'll have better opportunities in the future :)

Revengineer said:
If she considered you unworthy simply because of your age then sorry, but she wasn't worth it in the first place. Keep on with your training and forget about her. You'll have better opportunities in the future :)

Agreed.

You seem like a pretty positive person and this is just a small bump in the road. If you were asking all of the questions and she didn't ask one about you... well... I think that says it all. Women generally will show that they are interested in you without the need to try and find that out yourself.

Regumika said:

I have the opposite problem: When I like a girl, I worry that there's no way she could possibly like me as more than a friend and that'd I'd just be burdening her to ask her out, or even show any interest in her. Tends to kill any chance of me actually asking a girl out. Though I'm also bad at seeing any signs of interest they may show, or maybe just no one I meet actually does show (or have) any interest in me.

Just goes to show that the other extreme isn't any better, although in my case it's not that I honestly believe the girl doesn't has interest, but is just my mind psyching me out, so it probably doesn't count as "thinking of what she might want" either. (and I don't actually think it is, for that matter)

el Jay said:
I have the opposite problem: When I like a girl, I worry that there's no way she could possibly like me as more than a friend and that'd I'd just be burdening her to ask her out, or even show any interest in her.
I have that problem too. It's something I have to work on otherwise dating will be out of reach for me.

Moe said:
el Jay said:
I have the opposite problem: When I like a girl, I worry that there's no way she could possibly like me as more than a friend and that'd I'd just be burdening her to ask her out, or even show any interest in her.
I have that problem too. It's something I have to work on otherwise dating will be out of reach for me.
If you manage to figure out how to avoid letting it stop you, let me know. It's still making dating impossible for me.

Your better bet would probably be to start a conversation without expectations and see how it progresses from there.

Toby said:
You seem like a pretty positive person and this is just a small bump in the road. If you were asking all of the questions and she didn't ask one about you... well... I think that says it all. Women generally will show that they are interested in you without the need to try and find that out yourself.

I think that says it all. Thanks for posting that. I'm over her and focusing on my hobbies and figure I'll wait for some girl to find me. And to everyone else yeah she was great for me, I was only disappointed mostly since she automatically assumed I wasn't right for her (probably because of my age) and wasn't really given the light of day. O well though. I went through a lot of crap today actually but at the day right now I'm kind of happy regardless. It must be this site, lol. Cheers

Latest posts

Back