OK, Heartbroken, Shattered....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLoadedDog

Reaction score
....lost the love of my life.

I need to hurt people and break things.

This is why I joined these forums. I've been holding it together so far.....

I should have stuck by my twelve years of bachelorhood, so help me. I was good at that. I hurt nobody and nobody hurt me.

Is it over and done and no way in hell will you get back into a relationship with her?
If so, you need to figure out how to accept that. You can't move on until you do.
I don't know when the relationship ended, but if you've grieved the relationship all you can, you have to find a way to let it go. Not forget her, just let her go. On the other hand, though, sometimes people grieve a relationship for a long time. It's not always healthy, but until you are willing to let it go, you will carry on with it and nothing anyone says will make you let go any sooner.
Just keep yourself busy, go out and have fun.

I'm sorry.
Sometimes there's nothing else to be said.
Break something. Something in a wood somewhere, chop it up with an ax for a while. It takes the venom out.
Just not someone. That'll give you more troubles than you need.
A tree will never mind if you chop it with a chainsaw, though, if you're going to use it for firewood. When I go to my dad, that's my therapy, I ask him to line me up anything that'll make me so sore I'll limp for 5 days.
You just look out for yourself, man. Because you matter.
One day at a time.

I know that. You are totally right.

Problem is we were simple friends for years before anything happened. It was great. She has hinted that we can do that again. I'm not sure now. But I really want that. I miss the friendship more than the romance, in a way. I just want to talk honeysuckle with her like we used to.

It's all predicated on that. If we can reclaim the friendship, I will be OK.

Richard_39 said:
I'm sorry.
Sometimes there's nothing else to be said.
Break something. Something in a wood somewhere, chop it up with an ax for a while. It takes the venom out.
Just not someone. That'll give you more troubles than you need.
A tree will never mind if you chop it with a chainsaw, though, if you're going to use it for firewood. When I go to my dad, that's my therapy, I ask him to line me up anything that'll make me so sore I'll limp for 5 days.
You just look out for yourself, man. Because you matter.
One day at a time.

Thanks man.  I said before I'm from a country with minimal gun culture.  Yes, well...  Sometimes a 12 gauge shotgun is just the ticket, is it not?  BOOM!

I think I want to blow things up.  I know how to make napalm and black powder.  Maybe both.  I'm not into hunting, but I will eat what I kill, and there is some kangaroo tail stew looking good.

You have to howl at the moon sometimes.

TheLoadedDog said:
I know that.  You are totally right.

Problem is we were simple friends for years before anything happened.  It was great.  She has hinted that we can do that again.  I'm not sure now.  But I really want that.  I miss the friendship more than the romance, in a way.  I just want to talk honeysuckle with her like we used to.

It's all predicated on that.  If we can reclaim the friendship, I will be OK.

Well, if you want that, do that. Sure, sometimes it might be hard. It might feel weird. But if you're determined enough and want to enough, there's nothing you can't do, I'm sure. One day at a time. Shoot he shits with her and try to reclaim that friendship. Or, you know, maybe you can view it in another way, maybe it'll help, because, really, you were ALWAYS friends. Including while you dated. This is just one more facet of your friendship you both explored, that many do not. It can be a strenght as well. It just takes time. Hopefully, she'll be on the same page as you as well.

I miss the fireworks days. They are illegal in this nanny state now. Not so when I was a kid. We used to empty them out onto a sheet of copper. Fold it up like a parcel, and stick a wick in it. Copper bomb! Stuck one under an upended garbage can at high school. Lit the fuse and messed off. The noise was legendary. The can came back to earth a good fifteen seconds later, with the base blown out. Teachers came runnning. I didn't see a thing.

TheLoadedDog said:
I miss the fireworks days.  They are illegal in this nanny state now.  Not so when I was a kid.  We used to empty them out onto a sheet of copper.  Fold it up like a parcel, and stick a wick in it.  Copper bomb!  Stuck one under an upended garbage can at high school.  Lit the fuse and messed off.  The noise was legendary.  The can came back to earth a good fifteen seconds later, with the base blown out.  Teachers came runnning.  I didn't see a thing.

:D 
It's too bad there's not a laugh emoticon.
We used to mix together I think it was sugar and "salpêtre" (no idea what the english name is) inside a metal can, they put a small rope fuse in it. The most thick, dense black smoke you've ever seen. We'd throw it in the bathroom when we had big exams we didn't want to do and they'd evacuate the schools for 2-3 hours, enough time for us to study lol.

My family is a family of hunters. I don't agree with hunting for sport, but hunting for meat is a good thing to do once in a while. Being with nature, taking from nature and giving back (yup, lots of Amerindian traditions got ingrained with us, courtesy of grandpa, though we end up drinking more than hunting lol), communion and all that, helps put things in perspective. Reflect, medidate. It's a better, simpler way. And yeah...sometimes you just have to howl at the moon.
Only went once though, so I'm not an expert...napalming a kangaroo doesn't sound like it'll leave much to eat! lol

Little known Australian invention. We invented the diesel/fertiliser terrorist bomb.

Mid century, they were blasting the F3 freeway north of Sydney smashing it through a mountain range. The TNT started getting expensive, so one of the workers made some home brew...

Another good one is disposable cigarette lighters in fireplaces.

I used to work in a pub in a coal mining town. The pub had coal fireplaces, not wood. The coal ones are a bit smaller and they burn hotter. Chuck a Bic disposable in there and stand back. Legend has it somebody one threw an entire box of shotgun cartridges in there. Some level headed chap simply reached in and fished it out. A shame, really.

Awesome :) They used to have something similar around here when they built the subway. Now, though, with the recent laws, no more blasting happens that I know of in Quebec. Which, you know, means more workers, more money paid to big firms who charge for times the prices to twiddle their tumbs while asking for "extras"...
But that does sound like a blast, literally ;-)
I have got to visit someday. It's at the top of the list.

Yair, come down. It's basically like Southern Canada. We speak funny, though. Well, I went to score some durries with Bazza, Shazza, and Dazza in me ute, but clocked the rozzers and I had baldies, so chuckey a U-ey outside Maccas. But other than that, we speak English. Sort of.

TheLoadedDog said:
Yair, come down.  It's basically like Southern Canada.  We speak funny, though.   Well, I went to score some durries with Bazza, Shazza, and Dazza in me ute, but clocked the rozzers and I had baldies, so chuckey a U-ey outside Maccas.  But other than that, we speak English. Sort of.

That's cool though. I speak English and French, sort of, except when it's Franglish, "quand you take de dire un ostie de paquet of things and shake tout ça, criss", so we can talk for 2 hours, not understand anything yet still not run out of things to say ;-)
Anyone down there still say "crickey"? That'd definetely be one of mine lol.
I could share some French Canadian swear words. Tabarnak, câlisse, ostie de saint-ciboire de sacrament. For having used a few in the States long ago, it's funny to see someone's expression being called a ***** and them not figuring it out ;-)

Nobody says crikey. We also don't drink Fosters. And we don't ride kangaroos to work.

Though I assume you are all Royal Mounted Police a la South Park? I do like Franglais though. Lots of fun. I used to do something similar with German. Nicht corken poppen und finger gepoken.

THe language barrier thing is an easy target and we shouldn't do it, but it is fun sometimes.

I was in Vietnam with a Vietnamese-Australian mate. We were speaking English at a table full of non English-speaking guys. We would smile to each other, clink our glasses, and say, "fresia you very much." "No, fresia YOU very much!" "No, I insist. Really fresia YOU a great deal." And the Vietnamese guys would be nodding and smiling. A cheap shot, really. but fun.

TheLoadedDog said:
Nobody says crikey.  We also don't drink Fosters.  And we don't ride kangaroos to work.

Though I assume you are all Royal Mounted Police a la South Park?  I do like Franglais though.  Lots of fun.  I used to do something similar with German.  Nicht corken poppen und finger gepoken.

LOL I don't know what Fosters is. I'll admit crickey was a bad stereotype I got, but as you know, that's all Paul Hogan's fault for making movies I watched a lot as a kid ;-)

Not RCMP for me, I'm one of the EVIL Canadians (the evil french canadian "seperatists" group, we steer clear of anything remotely looking like Canada because we're practically Hitlers and eat babies all that, lol). I do admit to having a place in my heart for RCMP Mounties ever since watching the old show Due South, that was awesome.

I did hear however, that if you're not careful, kangaroos are mighty strong beasts that can tear you a new one, much like a lot of people don't realise a charging buck with antlers, even though they aren't agressive per say, can make a piniata out of you in 2 seconds. So lots of respect for Australian hunters.

Eh? Eh? ;-)

Yair. It's funny. We have a reputation for dangerous critters. Well, not really. Sharks? All over the world. Crocodiles? Yes, a bit dodgy, but you really have to go to certain parts of Australia and actively choose to place yourself in harm's way. We get one or two deaths a year. We get more from allergic reactions to bee stings, let alone the thousands who die in traffic accidents. The rest of our critters are venomous, but generally timid and just want to fresia off when they see you.

I can wander off into the Australian bush with a pretty good peace of mind. Well, I might take a stick in case of brown snakes or red bellies.

But you guys have freakin' BEARS. And moose. I've heard bad things about moose being top heavy, and your car takes out their skinny legs, then you get a ton of solid moose through your windshield. Yikes.

Kangaroos can do that a bit, though. You hit a big red at speed, and your car is an insurance job. If you survive.

And the bastards hop along the side of the road. You speed up, they speed up. You slow down, they slow down. Then they just veer out across your bows. Usually right on sunset.

Cockatoos are the most fun. I shouldn't laugh here as it is borderline animal cruelty, but it remains piss funny. I'll be hammering it at a hundred clicks down the highway. Cockatoos up ahead. Some veer left. Some veer right. But there is always one doofus one that panicks and goes straight up and over my car. I look in the mirror, and this bird is doing big loop the loop vortex aerobatics in my car's wake. Most undignified but funny. And nobody gets hurt.

TheLoadedDog said:
Yair.  It's funny.  We have a reputation for dangerous critters.  Well, not really.  Sharks?  All over the world.  Crocodiles?  Yes, a bit dodgy, but you really have to go to certain parts of Australia and actively choose to place yourself in harm's way.  We get one or two deaths a year.  We get more from allergic reactions to bee stings, let alone the thousands who die in traffic accidents.  The rest of our critters are venomous, but generally timid and just want to fresia off when they see you.

I can wander off into the Australiabn bush with a pretty good peace of mind.  Well, I might take a stick in case of brown snakes.

But you guys have freakin' BEARS.  And moose.  I've heard bad things about moose being top heavy, and your car takes out their skinny legs, then you get a ton of solid moose through  your windshield.  Yikes.

Kangaroos can do that a bit, though.  You hit a big red at speed, and your car is an insurance job.  If you survive.

And the bastards hop along the side of the road.  You speed up, they speed up.  You slow down, they slow down.  Then they just veer out across your bows.  Usually right on sunset.

Cockatoos are the most fun.  I shouldn't laugh here as it is borderline animal cruelty, but it remains piss funny.  I'll be hammering it at a hundred clicks down the highway.  Cockatoos up ahead.  Some veer left.  Some veer right.  But there is always one doofus one that panicks and goes straight up and over my car.  I look in the mirror, and this bird is doing big loop the loop vortex aerobatics in my car's wake.  Most undignified but funny.  And nobody gets hurt.

Aye lol. I really shouldn't be laughing either. But oh well ;-)

Bears and moose (or deer) aren't really that different from yours, in the sense that most will want to fresia off when they see you. Most are pretty easy to scare off. Piss off a bear, though, you better have something with you, something BIG (elephant gun at the least) because you're dead. There's a video on youtube I complained about once, dude finds a cub and plays with it. Utterly stupid. Mommy can smell human on the kid, so she could A) Kill the kid outright B) Abandon him there or C) Track the human that smelled him and maul him. Ain't nothing as determined as a momma black bear. She's track you miles to make you her *****. Moral is, leave nature alone unless you intend to cook it lol.
But it isn't that scary. Even moose or deer, true about the skinny legs, but the real problem is that they freeze when they see headlights (source of the expression "deer in the headlights "lol). But it's only at certain times of day and as long as you're not speeding, odds are good you won't hit the ******. If you do, though...yeah, pretty dead, unless you're lucky, in which case you only have a totalled vehicule.
BUT...we don't have venomous critters :D
Crocs and kangaroos or bears and wolves don't bother me as much as your brown and yellow snakes and your tiny witsey "I'll kill you inside an hour" spider and other venomous critters.

I mean, I'll fight back (and die) a black bear if I have to, but if that lil sucker bites me once, adios lol. That's scary.

Oh and skunks. I hate tomato baths. ********.

:club:

Funnel web spiders. Or the classic misprint "bitten on the funnel by finger web spider".

No deaths since 1980. They developed an anti-venom. THe snakes are problematic but you have to play it cool (easier said than done). And you just freeze. Snakes' eyes detect movement only. keep still and they can't see you. Stone fish and box jellyfish are the ones. Death comes within minutes.

But yeah, it's more hype than anything. These things make the headlines. It's not a daily thing.

Kangaroos and wombats are scarier. A wombat can roll your car. They are like a barrel on stubby legs.

Tourists are the most deadly. They have this "driving on the right" vibe happening, and they revert to it in times of fear. :)

TheLoadedDog said:
Funnel web spiders.  Or the classic misprint "bitten on the funnel by  finger web spider".

No deaths since 1980.  They developed an anti-venom.  THe snakes are problematic but you have to play it cool (easier said than done).  And you just freeze.  Snakes' eyes detect movement only.  keep still and they can't see you.  Stone fish and box jellyfish are the ones.  Death comes within minutes.

But yeah, it's more hype than anything.  These things make the headlines.  It's not a daily thing.

Kangaroos and wombats are scarier.  A wombat can roll your car.   They are like a barrel on stubby legs.

Tourists are the most deadly.  They have this "driving on the right" vibe happening, and they revert to it in times of fear.  :)

What about the baby stealing dingos? Oh, and throwing shrimps on the barbie?

I know people are only being light hearted when they make dingo/baby jokes, but we get a bit antsy about it. See, it wasn't just a movie. This was a real little girl who was killed. So it can be kinda not funny.

No shrimps. Prawns maybe....

I'm not sure I've ever had a barbecued prawn here. We tend to eat them cold. I have had them in Vietnam though: tiger prawns. Massive things. Lime juice and salt. And beer. Heaven.

Latest posts

Back