Ok, I got mistaken for someone else.( and it messes with me)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your perspective seems to be really quite warped with regard to this entire scenario, and possibly of your own looks too. Based on physical angles, and other peoples perceptions, it can be incredibly easy to sometimes mistake a person for someone else. The fact this scenario actually happened doesn't matter in the absolute slightest either it is a very common occurrence in the general sense, people get mistaken for someone else all the time in this world, whether it was because this girl thought you were her boyfriend or friend or what have you really is irrelevant. It is kind of odd to me that it even bothers you in the first place.

Two questions...
Why do you think you care so much that you were mistaken for someone else?
Do you think your looks and style are really so different to other people that you stand out like a sore thumb?

If so then you seem to be perceiving yourself like a bright shining beacon to everybody else, being paranoid that everyone is looking at you and that you are oh so different from everybody else. I can understand this to a point when it comes to anxiety, as it can make you think everybody is looking at you and judging you... However, that is just simply not the case. The majority of people seem to mainly just ignore everyone else and don't really give a honeysuckle, everyone are in their own little worlds. :p

"Two questions...
Do you think your looks and style are really so different to other people that you stand out like a sore thumb?"

It has to do with how i feel about my looks after the fact.
For example if someone says I look or remind them of so and so. Somehow it changes my thoughts on my own looks.
Takes away from my own unique qualities? I had other threads similar. If Someone said I look like person A. And then I think person A doesn't look like me or i think is not attractive , well
Then I feel I must be unattractive or must think of myself as looking like the person being compared to. Hope that makes some sense

Restless soul said:
"Two questions...
Do you think your looks and style are really so different to other people that you stand out like a sore thumb?"

For example if someone says I look or remind them of so and so. Somehow it changes my thoughts on my own looks.
Takes away from my own unique qualities? I had other threads similar. If Someone said I look like person A. And then I think person A doesn't look like me or i think is not attractive , well
Then I feel I must be unattractive or must think of myself as looking like the person being compared to. Hope that makes some sense

I really wouldn't look into it too much, especially if the person thought you looked like someone else based from the back or side, it is easy to mistake someone in that instance. From my experience, often people tend to be pretty short sighted a lot of the time with looks too. I have seen people say someone looks like someone else purely based on the fact they have a similar haircut or just because they wear glasses or something silly like that, when really you look nothing much like the person. It's all down to perspective a lot of the time. This is why for me personally if I was told I look like someone then tbh it would mean very little, I certainly wouldn't be thinking about it in depth or really care. 

I got confused with someone all the time in my town due to two facts, one that I had similar hair to the person and two because I had a similar shaped face... however our facial features are really quite different. I wouldn't dwell on thinking that due to being mistaken for someone else, that you now don't have unique qualities. Sure that might be the case in a world with a few thousand people, but there are certainly more than that!

ShybutHi said:
Restless soul said:
"Two questions...

I really wouldn't look into it too much, especially if the person thought you looked like someone else based from the back or side, it is easy to mistake someone in that instance. From my experience, often people tend to be pretty short sighted a lot of the time with looks too. I have seen people say someone looks like someone else purely based on the fact they have a similar haircut or just because they wear glasses or something silly like that, when really you look nothing much like the person. It's all down to perspective a lot of the time. This is why for me personally if I was told I look like someone then tbh it would mean very little, I certainly wouldn't be thinking about it in depth or really care. 

I got confused with someone all the time in my town due to two facts, one that I had similar hair to the person and two because I had a similar shaped face... however our facial features are really quite different. I wouldn't dwell on thinking that due to being mistaken for someone else, that you now don't have unique qualities. Sure that might be the case in a world with a few thousand people, but there are certainly more than that!
Thanks. I like your very practical common sense type understanding of it. That is very refreshing to me. Will it help the next time this thing comes up?
Well...stay tuned

Latest posts

Back