Older Women?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't judge people on who they date and who they want date. Age is only a number, it doesn't matter what age they are or anything else, what matters is if you "click." Hell my grandfather was 18 years older than my grandmother. A friend of mine is dating someone 20 years older than her.
That said. I'm only 29 and I have NEVER been into just sex or material things or anything like that.
Listen to me saying I'm ONLY 29 like that's not old. lol

Anyway....Doesn't matter what everyone else thinks, what matters is what you think and what will make you happy, so kudos to you and good luck :)

Callie said:
I don't judge people on who they date and who they want date. Age is only a number, it doesn't matter what age they are or anything else, what matters is if you "click." Hell my grandfather was 18 years older than my grandmother. A friend of mine is dating someone 20 years older than her.
That said. I'm only 29 and I have NEVER been into just sex or material things or anything like that.
Listen to me saying I'm ONLY 29 like that's not old. lol

Anyway....Doesn't matter what everyone else thinks, what matters is what you think and what will make you happy, so kudos to you and good luck :)

Thank you

I got late to this post, older women? well that depends. I'm 39 now and ten years ago I've dated a beautiful woman from Yosemite who was on the cover of AARP, she was a year younger than my mother and I was a year older than her oldest child, so things really don't matter that much. I have to say at my age I prefer a woman who will have confidence in many things, she doesn't have to be perfect, just honest.

LonelyDesert said:
I got late to this post, older women? well that depends. I'm 39 now and ten years ago I've dated a beautiful woman from Yosemite who was on the cover of AARP, she was a year younger than my mother and I was a year older than her oldest child, so things really don't matter that much. I have to say at my age I prefer a woman who will have confidence in many things, she doesn't have to be perfect, just honest.

Wow sir, you are right about that one!

The_Iblis_Trigger said:
SofiasMami said:
Hi-
I'll be 39 in a few days and I am most certainly way different than I was 15 years ago. I wasn't into dick and bling and all that back then (I was married) but my self-confidence is way better now and I have the wisdom of life's experiences to guide me with men/relationships. I'm out there in the dating scene and have met a few serious guys and a few players and can definitely tell the difference in a New York minute. All I'm going to say is players get played. ;)

Teresa

Wow you're going to be 39?? You'll be just right for me lol but yeah what do you think of me being interested only in women between the ages of 33 and 65?

Hi-
I'm honestly not sure what I think about you being interested only in women between 33 and 65. If it's because older women are more experienced and wiser, then you're on the right track because I know I have way more of both than I did at 25. Life is beautiful now. :)

Teresa

SofiasMami said:
The_Iblis_Trigger said:
SofiasMami said:
Hi-
I'll be 39 in a few days and I am most certainly way different than I was 15 years ago. I wasn't into dick and bling and all that back then (I was married) but my self-confidence is way better now and I have the wisdom of life's experiences to guide me with men/relationships. I'm out there in the dating scene and have met a few serious guys and a few players and can definitely tell the difference in a New York minute. All I'm going to say is players get played. ;)

Teresa

I really do not care if an older woman does not have experience, so long as she has Maturity, then nothing else matters.

Wow you're going to be 39?? You'll be just right for me lol but yeah what do you think of me being interested only in women between the ages of 33 and 65?

Hi-
I'm honestly not sure what I think about you being interested only in women between 33 and 65. If it's because older women are more experienced and wiser, then you're on the right track because I know I have way more of both than I did at 25. Life is beautiful now. :)

Teresa

lol Deirdre & Iblis. there's nothing wrong with how your expressing yourself. ain't no thang!:D
let it out man! let it out!:D

"Our life is shaped by the mind, we become what we think." -- The Dhammapada (translated by Eknath Easwaran)

If you think all the time that younger woman are undesirable and only older woman are worth your effort, your constant intentions make it self-fulfilling for you. The majority in our society are generally unthinking and materialistic and I doubt seriously if age has a correlation.

Thrasymachus said:
"Our life is shaped by the mind, we become what we think." -- The Dhammapada (translated by Eknath Easwaran)

If you think all the time that younger woman are undesirable and only older woman are worth your effort, your constant intentions make it self-fulfilling for you. The majority in our society are generally unthinking and materialistic and I doubt seriously if age has a correlation.

thank you Thrasymachus, perfectly said. my post menopausal mind just doesn't allow for such cool, rational thought processes any longer, I thank you for saying it in such a way that proves the point.

obviously my tongue in cheek way of making just as many grand sweeping generalizations as the OP just earned me a yes, very rude, sit down and be quiet.

Guess no one ever heard of IRONY before. I can make as many generalizations as anyone else but it doesn't mean I believe them or even wanted to prove them, I just meant it is, in my humble opinion, such a waste of time to make grand sweeping statements that presuppose that ALL younger women are going to ALL be users and abusers. Did I actually mean that ALL men are twits? NO, it was irony, it was a way of turning the tables - Using Irony as a way to try to show that generalizations really are worthless because my statement was just as worthless as his. Then I am called rude and he is seen as being civil. go figure. At least I never told him to go sit down and just be quiet...what was truly funny to me, that anyone can be so certain that all older women are less abusive, yet there I was, a woman in her 60's and by anyone's standards definitely older, was now being judged as abusive. duh? whatever. i am totally out of here now. said my piece peacefully and will now get back to my hole, lonelier than ever

With older women you can quite often still see the beauty there.
With younger women there's no telling what time will do to them.

I guess the same might apply to men,
but I'm straight and will have to defer to the ladies on that question.

I agree. I'm one woman that doesn't care about this kind of thing, meaning I think it's fine for men to date older woman. Woman date older men. To each their own you know? :)

Latest posts

Back