On days like today I feel like I deserve all my problems

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mr. Sir

I'm unproductive, I can't get up when my alarm clock rings, I havent lifted in 3 days, I smoke cigarettes, I sit on facebook or incel forums all day, I really piss myself off. I bring it all on myself, waht shud i do?

Get a blow job?...IDK

Seriously...after you get a blow job..it won't bother you if you're un productive sometimes. You'll sleep through the alarm. You won't care so much about
internet stuff. You'll enjoy smoking your cigg. You won't be pissed off at the world or yourself.

well take things slowly, i'm often like this as well..
there is no real way to get out of it than to build up a sort of momentum..

i'm sure there are things you should be doing, write them down.. and start doing it.. with time i think you will then come out of this slow phase ..
sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt...but that is what i do..

just slowly start to do the things i should be doing.. instead of youtube etc.. lol

sounds like me, i have zero motivation to do anything. spent the last week in bed with the laptop smoking and listening to music, not been to work, not done anything. just feel like there is nothing out there that i want to see or do. wish i had an answer for you socratesx.

nothing to do, nowhere to go, nobody to believe in.

yeah, don't worry about it..

what exactly is being 'productive' anyway.. working??

nothing wrong with a little 'bumming around'.. enjoy it. you don't always have to be striving for something.. relaxation and so called 'time wasting' isn't bad..

don't beat yer self up..

stella said:
nothing to do, nowhere to go, nobody to believe in.

*hug* Sorry to hear it, stella. :( You seem like a cool person. I think there might be more to you than you think.

----Steve

It's totally ok to be unproductive. Look at BJD, I don't consider him productive at all in RL. He's always here posting away!

mo·ti·va·tion   /ˌmoʊtəˈveɪʃən/ Show Spelled[moh-tuh-vey-shuhn] Show IPA
–noun
1.the act or an instance of motivating.
2.the state or condition of being motivated.
3.something that motivates; inducement; incentive.
Use Motivation in a Sentence
See images of Motivation
Search Motivation on the Web

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1870–75; motive + -ation

—Related forms
mo·ti·va·tion·al, adjective
mo·ti·va·tive, adjective
an·ti·mo·ti·va·tion·al, adjective
de·mo·ti·va·tion, noun
non·mo·ti·va·tion, noun
non·mo·ti·va·tion·al, adjective
re·mo·ti·va·tion, noun

mo·ti·vate   /ˈmoʊtəˌveɪt/ Show Spelled[moh-tuh-veyt] Show IPA
–verb (used with object),-vat·ed, -vat·ing.
to provide with a motive or motives; incite; impel.
Use Motivated in a Sentence
See images of Motivated
Search Motivated on the Web

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1860–65; motive + -ate1

—Related forms
mo·ti·va·tor, noun
de·mo·ti·vate, verb (used with object),-vat·ed, -vat·ing.
de·mo·ti·va·tor, noun
non·mo·ti·vat·ed, adjective
re·mo·ti·vate, verb (used with object),-vat·ed, -vat·ing.
un·mo·ti·vat·ed, adjective
un·mo·ti·vat·ing, adjective
well-mo·ti·vat·ed, adjective

—Synonyms
induce, move, provoke, prompt, cause.

mo·tive   /ˈmoʊtɪv/ Show Spelled [moh-tiv] Show IPA noun, adjective, verb,-tived, -tiv·ing.
–noun
1.something that causes a person to act in a certain way, do a certain thing, etc.; incentive.
2.the goal or object of a person's actions: Her motive was revenge.
3.(in art, literature, and music) a motif.
–adjective
4.causing, or tending to cause, motion.
5.pertaining to motion.
6.prompting to action.
7.constituting a motive or motives.
–verb (used with object)
8.to motivate.
Use Motive in a Sentence
See images of Motive
Search Motive on the Web

Origin:
1325–75; (adj.) ME (< MF motif) < ML mōtīvus serving to move, equiv. to L mōt(us) (ptp. of movēre to move) + -īvus -ive; (n.) ME (< MF motif) < ML mōtīvum, n. use of neut. of mōtīvus

—Related forms
mo·tive·less, adjective
mo·tive·less·ly, adverb
mo·tive·less·ness, noun
well-motived, adjective

—Synonyms
1. motivation, incitement, stimulus, spur; influence, occasion, ground, cause. Motive, incentive, inducement apply to whatever moves one to action. Motive is, literally, something that moves a person; an inducement, something that leads a person on; an incentive, something that inspires a person. Motive is applied mainly to an inner urge that moves or prompts a person to action, though it may also apply to a contemplated result,the desire for which moves the person: His motive was a wish to be helpful. Inducement is never applied to an inner urge, and seldom to a goal: The pleasure of wielding authority may be an inducement to get ahead. It is used mainly of opportunities offered by the acceptance of certain conditions, whether these are offered by a secondperson or by the factors of the situation: The salary offered me was a great inducement. Incentive was once used of anything inspiring or stimulating the emotions or imagination: incentives to piety; it has retained of this its emotional connotations, but (rather like inducement) is today applied only to something offered as a reward, and offered particularly to stimulate competitive activity: to create incentives for higher achievement. 2. See reason.

SophiaGrace said:
mo·ti·va·tion   /ˌmoʊtəˈveɪʃən/ Show Spelled[moh-tuh-vey-shuhn] Show IPA
–noun
1.the act or an instance of motivating.
2.the state or condition of being motivated.
3.something that motivates; inducement; incentive.
Use Motivation in a Sentence
See images of Motivation
Search Motivation on the Web

Origin:
1870–75; motive + -ation

—Related forms
mo·ti·va·tion·al, adjective
mo·ti·va·tive, adjective
an·ti·mo·ti·va·tion·al, adjective
de·mo·ti·va·tion, noun
non·mo·ti·va·tion, noun
non·mo·ti·va·tion·al, adjective
re·mo·ti·va·tion, noun

mo·ti·vate   /ˈmoʊtəˌveɪt/ Show Spelled[moh-tuh-veyt] Show IPA
–verb (used with object),-vat·ed, -vat·ing.
to provide with a motive or motives; incite; impel.
Use Motivated in a Sentence
See images of Motivated
Search Motivated on the Web

Origin:
1860–65; motive + -ate1

—Related forms
mo·ti·va·tor, noun
de·mo·ti·vate, verb (used with object),-vat·ed, -vat·ing.
de·mo·ti·va·tor, noun
non·mo·ti·vat·ed, adjective
re·mo·ti·vate, verb (used with object),-vat·ed, -vat·ing.
un·mo·ti·vat·ed, adjective
un·mo·ti·vat·ing, adjective
well-mo·ti·vat·ed, adjective

—Synonyms
induce, move, provoke, prompt, cause.

mo·tive   /ˈmoʊtɪv/ Show Spelled [moh-tiv] Show IPA noun, adjective, verb,-tived, -tiv·ing.
–noun
1.something that causes a person to act in a certain way, do a certain thing, etc.; incentive.
2.the goal or object of a person's actions: Her motive was revenge.
3.(in art, literature, and music) a motif.
–adjective
4.causing, or tending to cause, motion.
5.pertaining to motion.
6.prompting to action.
7.constituting a motive or motives.
–verb (used with object)
8.to motivate.
Use Motive in a Sentence
See images of Motive
Search Motive on the Web

Origin:
1325–75; (adj.) ME (< MF motif) < ML mōtīvus serving to move, equiv. to L mōt(us) (ptp. of movēre to move) + -īvus -ive; (n.) ME (< MF motif) < ML mōtīvum, n. use of neut. of mōtīvus

—Related forms
mo·tive·less, adjective
mo·tive·less·ly, adverb
mo·tive·less·ness, noun
well-motived, adjective

—Synonyms
1. motivation, incitement, stimulus, spur; influence, occasion, ground, cause. Motive, incentive, inducement apply to whatever moves one to action. Motive is, literally, something that moves a person; an inducement, something that leads a person on; an incentive, something that inspires a person. Motive is applied mainly to an inner urge that moves or prompts a person to action, though it may also apply to a contemplated result,the desire for which moves the person: His motive was a wish to be helpful. Inducement is never applied to an inner urge, and seldom to a goal: The pleasure of wielding authority may be an inducement to get ahead. It is used mainly of opportunities offered by the acceptance of certain conditions, whether these are offered by a secondperson or by the factors of the situation: The salary offered me was a great inducement. Incentive was once used of anything inspiring or stimulating the emotions or imagination: incentives to piety; it has retained of this its emotional connotations, but (rather like inducement) is today applied only to something offered as a reward, and offered particularly to stimulate competitive activity: to create incentives for higher achievement. 2. See reason.

and the point of this patronising post is?

it's not patronizing, i thought it'd be interesting if i posted the definition of Motivation. "what is motivation?" That was the question I asked myself, and then I posted the answers. It was meant to try and help.

None of us lack motivations. We all have it.
We're either more motivated to sit on our ass or we're more motivated to get up and do something.

SocratesX said:
I'm unproductive, I can't get up when my alarm clock rings, I havent lifted in 3 days, I smoke cigarettes, I sit on facebook or incel forums all day, I really piss myself off. I bring it all on myself, waht shud i do?

dude sounds like my problemstoo! so dont feel theres no one out there that feels how you do. today i should have looked for a job but no, i sat on facebook, and here, all day. but you know whats up

get up! do something about it! dont just whine (dont be offended please) seieze the day!!!!!!!!!!!!

i broke the hamper and hour ago, then went out for a new one, and found out biglots was hiring! wooohoooo!

Latest posts

Back