One Hit Wonders

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Borne Hopeless

I wanted to know some of your favorite one hit wonders. I'll start with one of my favorite songs.

"Possum Kingdom"-The Toadies

The Toadies got airplay on pretty much this song alone. The whole Possum Kingdom album is good, though. Definitely one of my top picks.

i said this before on one of the other threads

my favorite one hit wonder is ***** by meredith brooks when the song came out i didn't even know what ***** ment, but i sung along anyway

tehe

lonewolf said:
Sound of Silence - Simon and Garfunkel

That is kind of the problem with the "One Hit Wonder" label. Groups that may be a one hit wonder in one place may be quite successful in another. Here groups like Mungo Jerry and Status Quo are one hit wonders

Yet the Status Quo
...have recorded over 60 chart hits in the UK— more than any other rock group in history.

And Mungo Jerry

UK singles chart discography

* "In the Summertime" - 1970 - No. 1
* "Baby Jump" - 1971 - No. 1
* "Lady Rose" - 1971 - No. 5
* "You Don't Have to be in The Army To Fight in The War" - 1971 - No. 13
* "Open Up" - 1972 - No. 21
* "Alright Alright Alright" - 1973 - No. 3
* "Wild Love" - 1973 - No. 32
* "Long Legged Woman Dressed In Black" - 1974 - No. 13
* "In the Summertime '87" - 1987 - Number 1 (Indie Charts/ as 'Mungo Jerry & Brothers Grimm')
* "Prospects" - 1985 - No. 35 (as 'Made in England')
* "Support The Toon - It's Your Duty" (EP incl. 'Toon Army') - 1999 - No. 57

That said, my favorite one hit wonder would probably be The Balloon Farm - Question of Temperature.

"Steal My Sunshine" by Len, "Scooby Snacks" by Fun Loving Criminals, "In the Meantime" by Spacehogs, "Bohemian Like You" by The Dandy Warhols, "Novacaine for the Soul" by the Eels, "One Headlight" by The Wallflowers, "Boyz in the Hood" by Dynamite Hack, "Standing Outside a Broken Phonebooth" by Primitive Radio Gods, "How Bizarre" by OMC, and "Bound For the Floor" by Local H are one hit wonders that I *adore*. I'm a HUGE fan of 90s one hit wonders. It's like they put all their oomph into one song, because I tell ya...these are some pretty good songs.

trinitygirl said:
Tainted Love by Soft Cell..<3 that song

I love that song, but i say it's not a one hit wonder :p

My own contribution, which I have decided to use the lego version for:

Steel said:
trinitygirl said:
Tainted Love by Soft Cell..<3 that song

I love that song, but i say it's not a one hit wonder :p

My own contribution, which I have decided to use the lego version for:

i would suppose you're right considering that it's been covered multiple times ever since and the group has had more hits..it's just appears that Tainted was the major one.

Chumbawumba --- Tub Thumpin'

Haha I can't believe no one put that up here. That was the honeysuckle when I was in high school. :p

----Steve

Marc Cohn - Walking In Memphis
Starbuck - Moonlight Feels Right
Dave & Ansil Collins - Double Barrel
Steve Forbert - Romeo's Tune
The New Radicals - You Get What You Give
The Boo Radleys - Wake Up Boo
Edwyn Collins - A Girl Like You
The La's - There She Goes

I'm not sure all of them are truly classed as one hit wonders, but for the purpose of this post I suspect they're near enough.

Latest posts

Back