One of those days...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andromeda

Reaction score
Have you ever had one of those days where you just can't break out of your lonely funk and get on with life? I'm usually great at ignoring my loneliness by doing random things, working, playing guitar, reading, trying to improve myself. But today all I can do is sit here feeling sorry for myself, saying "why me" and listening to sad music. I feel utterly cut off from the world, like I don't exist. I guess everyone is entitled to a few "woe is me" days per year but I'm usually stronger than this. Anyway, sorry for the rant. Just wanted to shoot this out into cyberspace and hopefully one human ear.

Hey Andromeda.
I think all of us sometimes have it.. even people who would never seem as lonely.

The feeling of being alive, it needs constant change.. new emotions and experiences.. so it's inevitable to lose it.

I hope you get to feel better soon.

Andromeda said:
But today all I can do is sit here feeling sorry for myself, saying "why me" and listening to sad music.

Okay, first thing if you want to break out of this state, no sad music!

Find something uplifting and inspiring, something that stirs your spirit and makes you want to take on the world!

Write a song, a story, draw something, make something, tidy your room, something to make a positive change, a first step.

Than take another.

And another.

Today you showed the world you can't be defeated... tomorrow trembles at your potential.

Edward W said:
Andromeda said:
But today all I can do is sit here feeling sorry for myself, saying "why me" and listening to sad music.

Find something uplifting and inspiring, something that stirs your spirit and makes you want to take on the world!

Write a song, a story, draw something, make something, tidy your room, something to make a positive change, a first step.

Than take another.

And another.

Today you showed the world you can't be defeated... tomorrow trembles at your potential.

That's what I usually do every day of my life. I was saying that today for some reason I can't find the energy or inspiration when faced with reality.

Andromeda said:
That's what I usually do every day of my life. I was saying that today for some reason I can't find the energy or inspiration when faced with reality.

Okay, well sometimes I think you do may need to take a break, take stock.

Just don't get lost in that state, it can be hard to find your way back.

I wanna know what the hell lonely funk is.

Andromeda said:
I'm usually great at ignoring my loneliness by doing random things, working, playing guitar, reading, trying to improve myself.

This is called avoidance coping, it works for most things but ultimately doesn't solve the issue.

I suppose it's a matter of how you'd like it to change and how much, think about what you'd like to happen and plan your way to get there, does it involve making new fiends? Socializing? Sometimes you'll have to go against something your not comfortable with in order to progress.. if that makes any sense.

How do you solve the issue if people are just anti-social? Sometimes coping is all you can do.

I'm not even necessarily anti-social. It is just difficult for me to make any friends, not just acquaintances. I'm sure at least one person on here can relate to that statement.

Don't worry you're not alone on this. Many times I do feel alone, but I have to keep pushing myself forward. Not many people understand it that's all, but I do have days where I feel like that. Sorry you had such a bad day today. Hope you have a better day! :)

Edward W said:

Hehe.. for some reason sometimes wallowing to sad music / shows allows me to release my emotions and end up making me feel slightly better.

9006 said:
Sometimes you'll have to go against something your not comfortable with in order to progress.. if that makes any sense.

This. It takes a lot though to step out of your comfort zone.. but it will help.

Previously, when I was down a lot and was alone most of the time, what I did was to watch Ellen. Ellen DeGeneres. She's so funny she just makes me forget about everything else. She's quite inspirational too so it does lift up my spirits after watching it.

Hope you'll feel better though, Andromeda. Good luck.

Sad music sounds so much better when you're sad. As shitty as it is to feel like that, enjoy it.

Latest posts

Back