One positive thing you accomplished today...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GraceBlossom said:
Looked into volunteering with an amazing charity that has helped me, and they are eager for my skills :).

That's great. I always admire people who volunteer their services in order to help others. I've been thinking about looking into it myself - I think I just need to build a bit more confidence before I make a commitment.

I had a job interview which I think went quite well. They're calling back tomorrow and I shall know if my days of bumdom are over.

Today my stir-fry turned out well. Great, in fact...at least when compared to my previous efforts. Score one for cooking skills!

Am also making a guard for my drawknife, to protect its edge when not in use.

Heisenburger said:
I had a job interview which I think went quite well. They're calling back tomorrow and I shall know if my days of bumdom are over.

I wish you luck with that. These days jobs can be hard to come by.

Siertes said:
Prevented some thieves at work from making off with almost $1500 worth of stuff :)

Fantastic. Are you a security officer, Siertes? I used to be in that line of work.

user 130057 said:
GraceBlossom said:
Looked into volunteering with an amazing charity that has helped me, and they are eager for my skills :).

That's great. I always admire people who volunteer their services in order to help others. I've been thinking about looking into it myself - I think I just need to build a bit more confidence before I make a commitment.

I have to admit it didn't start out completely altruistic. I started my first volunteer job to get some.specific experience I need in my job hunt, but I do.adore it :). Your know what though doing makes.your confidence grow, but I know how hard that initial step is, have you any idea what kind of work? :)

Rosebolt said:
^That's great news! Tell us how it went! :)

MTrip said:
I wish you luck with that. These days jobs can be hard to come by.

Thanks guys, got the call earlier and I start the job Monday. It's similar to what I did before but the money and hours are a good deal better. 2014 is off to a good start, hope the same is true for the rest of y'all :D

GraceBlossom said:
user 130057 said:
GraceBlossom said:

I have to admit it didn't start out completely altruistic. I started my first volunteer job to get some.specific experience I need in my job hunt, but I do.adore it :). Your know what though doing makes.your confidence grow, but I know how hard that initial step is, have you any idea what kind of work? :)

Not particularly. I just feel like giving something back to the world and I think it might be good for my self-esteem/confidence too. I don't have any real skills that would be of use in volunteer work, but I'm guessing that as long as I'm friendly and willing to follow instruction, then I should be OK ;)

Went to my gym class and gave all I had to give. Feels sooo good, people! It's so easy to make yourselves feel good about yourselves!

It's got nothing to do with my lonely life, except that I did it completely alone: I built another compost bin, out of 96 concrete blocks....on an unseasonably warm day.

Latest posts

Back