One sided romance

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breakthecycle

Reaction score
Hi guys

I've had these strong feelings for a friend of mine for a while now. We became friends quickly, and she is pretty much everything a guy could wish for. And we really click good together and she is proberly the best female friend i ever had and I love her to the bone, However she doesn't feel the same way at all. , because she pretty much have been together with other guys meanwhile, and once I told her about my feelings to her (we were drunk) We just both got kinda sad about it and well yeah she did say that she loved me as a brother(which i guess can be a thing?),Otherwise I dont remember what was said to be excact but it sure felt like a rejection. Another time she was hitting on a common friend of ours. He didnt know what to do because he knew how I felt about her, he asked if I was okay about it. I tried to pretend like I was, but I guess he knew me to well. And afterwords rejected her. She knew why and didnt think it was fair that she can't be other guys, just because I feel that way. And do you know what she is ******* right.

What the fresia can I do? I dont wanna be like this, Do I really have to cut her off totally, even though that seems impossible at the moment
Please help me,

For your own sanity you may have to let her go. Your a person as well, and don't deserve to have such unrequited love. I'm sure everyone has such an experience, i know i did. It's hard, cruel, unfair. I know I could have been the world to this girl but she opted for another man that treated her like honeysuckle. He was a pretty boy mind you, that may have made the difference. I've had girls fall head over heals for me And yet feel nothing for them. Don't you think that's someone you want in your life, that won't give up on the chance to be with you? And yet I felt nothing, nothing at all for her. Maybe it's the same for the girls that let both you and I slip away. who knows. Korn said it best.

I tell my lies and I despise.
Every second I'm with you.
So I run away and you still stay.
So what the fresia is with you.

Your feelings I can't help but rape them.
I'm sorry I don't feel the same.
My heart inside is constantly hating.
I'm sorry I just throw you away.

I don't know why I'm so ******* cold?
I dont know why it hurts me.
All I wanna do is get with you.
And make the pain go away.
Why do I have a conscience?
All it does is fresia with me.
Why do I have this torment?
All I want to do is fresia it away.

The notorious friend zone. I gotta agree with It Was Mine on this, let her go. Completely break away from her for a few months (no talking phones texts msn) until you get over her, then reconsider if you want to reconnect. It's hard but it worked for me.

Wait. Take a breath. Matters like this you must think with a cooool mind, get my drift?
First thing. There are many able people out there waiting to be loved. Shes not the only one who deserves your attention.
You Feel me?

Second. That is the only way I knew, to cut her out of my life. Otherwise I would've gone CRAZY. Your going to need to keep yourself busy. Like every second of your life. Its up to you though. You need to make a decision or else, you wont get a peace of mind.

I guess you guys are right. But thats eaiser said than done. I mean how do you explain such a thing to her.

I recently got the "you're like a brother" to me line when I told a friend of mine how much I loved her. Only did it cause I managed to convince myself she felt the same way.

You explain it to her as simply and honestly as you explained it to us. You love her and want her to be happy. You know that neither of you will be happy until you work through your feelings, and you cannot do it while you're around her. You're not saying "good-bye", you're saying "See ya later".

nerdygirl said:
You explain it to her as simply and honestly as you explained it to us. You love her and want her to be happy. You know that neither of you will be happy until you work through your feelings, and you cannot do it while you're around her. You're not saying "good-bye", you're saying "See ya later".

Well said :p
You tell her your feelings, while being cool about it.

She just doesn't get it. When I try to talk her about it, she's just keep on braggin its not fair for her, I guess not But i can't have feelings or what!? **** she must think im annoying as hell.

I ******* suffocate here.

Be thankful you have a good friend that honors the "dicks before chicks" mentality... I wish I knew what an honorable friend felt like.

Anyway, feelings aren't turned off and on like a light switch... they're triggered. I would cut her (the trigger) out of your life, asap. It may seem cold but what is more important to you... keeping your sanity, or maintaining her cozy state of mind knowing she has a fanboy? The decision is yours, dude.

Yea but the problem is she is my classmate and we pretty much hangout with the same people :/

breakthecycle said:
Hi guys

I've had these strong feelings for a friend of mine for a while now. We became friends quickly, and she is pretty much everything a guy could wish for. And we really click good together and she is proberly the best female friend i ever had and I love her to the bone, However she doesn't feel the same way at all. , because she pretty much have been together with other guys meanwhile, and once I told her about my feelings to her (we were drunk) We just both got kinda sad about it and well yeah she did say that she loved me as a brother(which i guess can be a thing?),Otherwise I dont remember what was said to be excact but it sure felt like a rejection. Another time she was hitting on a common friend of ours. He didnt know what to do because he knew how I felt about her, he asked if I was okay about it. I tried to pretend like I was, but I guess he knew me to well. And afterwords rejected her. She knew why and didnt think it was fair that she can't be other guys, just because I feel that way. And do you know what she is ******* right.

What the fresia can I do? I dont wanna be like this, Do I really have to cut her off totally, even though that seems impossible at the moment
Please help me,

cut her out dude. it will hurt at first, but youll slowly start to feel better. trust me. i went through a similar situation. having them in your life when you want to be more than friends leads to jealousy and depression.

Latest posts

Back