Opening up to my sister

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeizeTheDay

Reaction score
This weekend coming up I'm staying at my sister's place to spend some time with her. I think this will be a good chance for to maybe open up to her and maybe she can give me advise and help me out. I don't really open up to anybody and I need somebody to talk to.

But the thing is, I've never really opened up to her or had a proper heart to heart conversation with her, even though I know I trust her. I'd like to stop hiding things from her. But I just don't know how to start opening up.

Also her boyfriend will be there, I don't really know him that well but he seems nice enough. Dunno if that will cause any complications.

Perhaps sitting down to dinner with her and her boyfriend will make it a bit more comfortable. Or watching TV together, and just talking about random things. I don't really confide in either my mom or my brother. To me, they just don't ever seem to say anything that clicks with me. Maybe going on a stroll around the neighborhood or a park will help ease talking with her.

Opening up to someone is a very scary thing. I have not opened up to many people either... I find myself only being able to truly open up online.

My advice would be to get some alone time with her. Then ask for her confidence, and if she is ok with that then go ahead and open up. If you have a good relationship with your sister it should be no problem.

My sisters have always been very open with me... almost to a fault. I know things that I should not know... I often times want to :club: my sisters for some of the stuff they tell me. Has your sister ever been open with you?

Hey.
it seems like a good idea. take it slow, and get some time alone with your sister, as some people have suggested.

just... try to be open minded, and come with no expectations. that could make things easier in the long run.

i hope it works out. tell us how it goes.

I would ask to speak to the sister alone..My brother and I were never close at all when we were younger and would never talk about anything,but as life unfolds I broke the ice and told him how I am about things he let his guard down and revealed he has suffered from panic attacks and now we realise we are related for a reason and we have so much in common..
I don't know how your sister is but hopefully she'll understand you.The worst thing about having problems is thinking you have to face it alone and your the only person going through it..
It sucks I know but fingers crossed your'll find a way to learn how to sort things out..

In real life, my sister is the only person I've really opened up to. She's the only person who knows I suffer from anxiety and loveshyness, and the only person who knows I visit this forum.

Except you lot, anyway.

It really does help.

Latest posts

Back