Ouija Board

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to be the party pooper here (surprised there hasn't been one already), but I'm very skeptical. Every comment in here can be explained away as coincidence, chance, or a "well, obviously." The exception is whispers, whose anecdote is too influenced by movie-plot conventions to strike me as being anything other than imagination (no offense).

I am open to being proven wrong. Where can I purchase an Ouija Board? If a non-believer such as myself cannot harness its power (how convenient, and it only confirms scientific explanations attributing it to subconscious hand movements that conform to expectations and preconceptions*), I will simply have my friends use it.

*http://www.ukskeptics.com/article.php?article=ideomotor_effect.php&dir=articles

I didn't want to say anything flaneur, but to be honest I was kind of surprised at the number of people who believe in it. It's just so.... Incomprehensible to me that there is a mindset present which is prevalent in enough people to treat it as more than a rock over a piece of cardboard.

I don't mean it in an insulting way, but I'm just amazed at how different people are. I see it and I think "This person has an entirely different brain than I do." It's just out of the realm of possibility for me. :s

(Note I said different brain, not a better or worse one)

VanillaCreme said:
I never used one, and I don't think I ever will, but my guy's mom says she used one before. While she was horseback riding one day, the horse nearly threw her off, and in the process a ring she had on slipped off her finger. She used a board to ask if the ring was where the horse nearly tossed her off its back, and the board told her yes. She got her ring back.

I was a little chilled when she told me that. :s

I'm not trying to be a dick when I say this but wouldn't it be common sense to go look where the Horse nearly threw her off. I mean How many other "ring dislodging" activities could she have done that day. And what if the board had said No, would she have ignored common sense and not checked there for the ring?

I've used a Ouija bored, I've even done 2 seances. I did everything asked, I followed all the rules and traditions and what did I get? A bunch of friends shitting themselves because of a scary piece of cardboard and 2 stupid hand holding orgies.

In my opinion it's all nonsense.

Sure it's common sense, and I would have done the same. I'm not sure if she did go back and check without the board. But the simple fact the thing told her yes, and it was there... I'm not superstitious or anything, but it did creep me out a bit.

When I was 10 I had a Ouija board. My friends came over and we played with it. I was very patient with evil. So I brought 10 candles into the room and lit them. We asked numerous questions and it came out with a simple one word reply. I finally asked the big question. Are you an evil spirit? It gave an unusual answer, "Who wants to know?" I announced my name and it flew across the board. "Depends on who is asking." It quickly spelled out. I was not easily scared of supernatural. I started getting scared when it started asking questions. Then it asked what year it was. I said 2008 and the candles went out. My friend, Tori, started screaming downstairs. I ran down and the knife was in her hands. It was trying to cut her. A friend grabbed the Ouija board, she yelled at it to stop and the knife dropped. The Ouija board said "3000 years..." We destroyed the board and all the havoc stopped. When you have evil start up when you get a Ouija board, Get rid of it!

Latest posts

Back