Our Depression Music

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
depression music changes every day just like real music....as of now im stuck on'

Aaron Neville - Tell It Like It Is

nothing like a sappy slow song to sink you deeper into your own self-defeating depressed mind.

I listen to some Asian stuff. There's a band called Jal and they sing a genre called "Qawali". It's in Urdu and Hindi but if you translate the lyrics, you can see it's pretty sad stuff.

cheaptrickfan said:
A friend told me that my depression music could easily double as a suicide soundtrack.

Of course the music changes as the needs do.

Sometimes I want to numb myself with sad music; other times i want to headbang into oblivion.

Today I've been in a Rock Your Blues Away mood, so the AC/DC has been at the top of my list.

[youtube]X80Qjh9Yivs[/youtube]

...and here are Bon Scott and the Young brothers jamming with Cheap Trick.

[youtube]i31912kQ7SI[/youtube]

(sorry, don't know how to embed.)

This song is a real downer but I like it. I can really relate to some of the feelings expressed in the lyrics.

Not sure why I listen to this kind of stuff when I'm feeling lonely in the first place..

[youtube]p8OgWPcNA6o[/youtube]
[youtube]Ar48yzjn1PE[/youtube]
[youtube]NSAEEsmcQPo[/youtube]

So yea.. Radiohead too. And Coldplay. And Sonic Youth.

link

:D

wow ensom that's a really nice song wish i could find a place to download it

I like just about anything from Modest Mouse. It all has this melancholy tone to it. Like Dashboard:

[youtube]BnF4EEKcaH8[/youtube]

Everyone needs to listen to this when there depressed. It's one of my all time fave songs...it just hits the nail right on the head for me...OH YEH!

Andrew WK - Legendary!

Tell me what u think ;)

Senses Fail is great when i'm depressed, in fact I think I'll listen to them right now. And 'A Perfect Circle' for coming out of a depression. Take two albums on a full stomach, no mixing with alcohol. :)

Most depressing song = Nine Inch Nails - Something I can never have

Emptiness resonates within that song.

Best song that resembles falling down into Hell = Skinny Puppy - Circustance

25quqlu.jpg

It isn't Ten Years After
It isn't Alvin Lee
It isn't electric
But this is the version they have.

[youtube]yufbC0tokPg[/youtube]

Latest posts

Back