Overwhelmed

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randomact164

Reaction score
Im a junior in High school this year
my day starts at 5:00am and doesnt finish to my work is done

I am overwhelmed this year without a dout
Im taking...
pre-calculus, chemistry, consumer ed, earlybird gym(early gym so i can fit extra class in), English III, American historyof 20th century... to put it simple i have anywhere between 3-8 hours of homework every night.
(((Pre Calc and Consumer Ed are college style courses)))

I also am working a part time job which takes away time from my already limited time.(3-6hours split up over the week)

I Work 8hours on the weekends
(i work friday 4:15pm-closing and saturday 12:15pm-3:45pm)

I also volunteer at the anderson animal shelter so thats 2-3 hours a weekend every weekend.

Im also getting in better shape this year so that is 25-40mins a day i can only skip one day of this and i choose my social time/ friends day.

Girls, what ore i need say. they take time and money.

I need the job for money, i need to keep my GPA up where its at if not higher (3.7GPA out 4.0), and my goal is to look really good in general so these are all commitments.

My passion is playing guitar but i hardly have time but i always make time becuase it is and will always be there for me in times of joy or sarrow :)

in any way shape or form someone tell me what to do to manage all of my goals, priorities, commitments, and ladies as well as still be able to make social time with friends.

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!!!!

Good God man!
surely not all those clases are required?

i know you want to do everything, and if you work hard you think you can pull it all off in a well played musical montage in the movies, but man earlybird yech, and musicla magiacal montagoues don't work in real life

1st what classes are required and what ones do you want to take, i would suggest talking to your consulur to see if you can take some of the load off, counslers are there to help you so don't worry about going to talk to one of them

do they offer any kind of academic waiver so you wouldn't have to take gym? or if there's an athleic waiver avalable for bowing do that if you can sometimein the year, i did that winter of last year, my senior year and man that was great i got out of gym, and since i wasn't on varsity i didn't have to go to any of the games i just showed up 3 days a week to go play bowling or free, and it was really convient sin ceyour sharing a lane with 3 or 4 other people i would just sudy do my reading and do homework in between my turns lols
that was a sweet deal

:)

why do you need to keep your gpa up so high?

are you trying to get into harvard or an ivy league school do youneed scholarship money?

cuz i made it into a dcent state university with a 3.33 gpa

do you need to take both pre calc and chemistry thi year?
they're both pretty tough classes, maybe drop re calc and take it next year?
that's great that you volenter,man you sound like i donna like you do too much to even be human, why don't you volenter ever other weekend

why do yo need the money so much i mean ya you mentione girls,
but twll your gf that your not made of money and you can't afford fancy things (plus less time you work moe time you can sped with her)

i'm sure she'll understand, she shouldn't be hanging around you for the money so you'll find out i she's for real or not

talk to your boss see if you canget a few hours off, try and save your money and limit expenesses so you won't have tto work as much

also if our taking a gym class, that can be your work out time, if your already busy ( plus your young you'll be alright) just work out durin gym class you shoudn't have to work out moe when you don't have the time although it is a good healthy habit, but gym can take care of that for now

and organzie study groups with your friends, so you can do homework anf hangout

f*ck speaking of homework
ugg

well goodluck with everything super overacheiving man,

jesus christ people like you make me feel like napping is such a lame hobby compared to you guys now

( oh but i love it anyways)

sleep is verrry important for your health make sure you get some

I've started using my cell phone to at least keep track of everything. It's amazing how much easier everything got when I could look at a calendar and say "Ok, this is what I need to do today..."

This set of off days I have to make preparations for a class I'm organizing, bid 2 brush jobs for my second job, schedule my college classes, see the optometrist, and then work a day at my second job. Then, I have a class to take myself on Saturday on airplane crashes.

Somewhere in all of this I want to get a bike ride in and I have dinner with my parents, and I'm pensively waiting the results of a job interview tomorrow.

It's hard getting used to all of this when we have such a fresh memory of childhood and easy off time (I'm only 21 myself). It's very difficult to manage. I imagine it would be even more so with high school still in the picture. High school is one of the least flexible factors in young life, in my opinion.

Along with effective time management, you need to do two things to cope: Enjoy the honeysuckle out of your free time, and then take pride and pleasure in your accomplishments. It is not a sin to look back at the results of your work and say, "Hey, I did that. I accomplished something. Cool."

I like having this busy schedule. I get so much done. I see a lot of stuff sometimes and I learn a lot of new things and actually meet more people than if I kept my life to a minimum. I believe this is at the heart of what we refer to as a Work Ethic.

School is important if you have lofty goals of going to a good university. Try to do well in it...you probably aren't 100% positive what you want to do yet, and achievements early will contribute to a good Work Ethic later.

Kick reason to the curb; Make the impossible possible!

All my courses are rquired and the money speaks for itself.

Everything on my daily school agenda is a required class...except for consumer ed and pre calc BUT!...Consumer Ed is required to graduate high school and I finished my required mth courses sphmore year but out highschool requires 3 years of math so yea.(this is year 3)

My earlybird gym is lifetime fitness so its not like lifting weights, cardio stuff like that its just throwing frisbees and honeysuckle like that. but 4 years of physical education are required. (can be substituted for P.E. leadership and in sophmore year health and safty for 1 semester)

My GPA on one hand gets me a nicer looking resume, my mom off my back, and overall i try harder to get the GPA incresing my knowledge from school thus giving me a better chance at a better score on the ACT and SAT's so i may achieve a scholorship to help my folks out.

I work a job so i can have a car, keep he car, save for later, etc...
part of my check goes to the following areas...carpayment back to dad, insurance part coverage, Savings, checking, and just a little pocket money for if me and the lady hit the town.

I need Volunteer hours because at my highschool 50+ hours are mandatory to graduate and i have 2 and these hours need be acomplished at the end of junior year.

In otherwords What im doing is mandatory and i cant really stop it but i sorta figured stuff out by listening to my own thoughts.

Hi!

first and foremost i'd like to tell you this My Goodness, are you still alive???? hahahahahahaha! nah! just kidding here! but let me do this in a concise way, (I hope!)

Remember that you are only human, and you have limitations too. So to avoid being depressed, you can also give yourself a little reward once a month, allocate a portion of your hard earned money for yourself! This will keep you sane so to speak(hehehehe!) well of course you know that i am kidding! on the "sane" part.

but keep your grades up, at all times! and to this that I reaalllyyy admire your brain!

keep it up!

Latest posts

Back