pain is the ultimate pleasure

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah ok, I hate to talk about it.
it makes me feel dirty. disgusting.
but sure, I have in the past cut.
personally, fire feels better.

feels really great when you are really depressed to the point of crying.

silverblackvoid_ll said:
i just cut myself. the pain is the pleasure. how many of you have experienced it?

I did it when I was younger, and I regret it.

Nothing wrong with a bit of masochism, but by that logic hedonism would be global suffering.

not as bad as when it gets infected and then your arm has to be amputated

that doesnt mean infections dont happen -_- so come out of your little nothing bad could happen if i cut myself with a razor blade, box of lies

Can't never harm myself!! My pain are usally internal and psychological I don't think I enjoy physical pain.. Can't stand blood at all! have never cut myself (Intentionally) and will never do it.

CursedNeko said:
that doesnt mean infections dont happen -_- so come out of your little nothing bad could happen if i cut myself with a razor blade, box of lies

However, that doesn't mean that you necessarily get your arm amputated at the first sign of bacteria.

I never understood this. I've been down to the depths many times in my life but only adding physical pain to my already huge pile of emotional and pyschological sufferings seemed unnecessary. But hey, I'm a masochist too, just not a wastful one so "water water everywhere, everybody drink! Meaning that sometimes when I'm really feeling chokingly depressed I try and find perverse enjoyment in it. It's not as crazy as it sounds; for instance have you ever cried so hard that you began to really get into it? Now I think about depressive spells as being a journey into the depths of my own psychi where I find new insights on life. I've always found extreme states of mind to be mezmarizing. Like, when I used to take acid, the only really cool honeysuckle I ever "saw" was when I closed my eyes: it was like holding my eye up to a kaleidoscope and it really impressed me that my mind could produce such wild honeysuckle all on its own. So, now I try and view my misery and sadness (when I'm able to, because, as you well know, those are some overwhelming feelings) as a window into my deepest self. Point being, don't divert yourself from your existential pain with cheap physical pain, but maybe try to plunge into the darkness head on sometime and you may well get the script for an Oscar winning movie out of it! (all the best authors have had issues with depression)

Physical pain is worse for me than my emotional pain and environmental suffering. I would rather suffer solitary confinement in a dark place than to experience physical pain. I cringe at the thought of all forms of it. When I had my first child I was screaming so loud (even with drugs) that they took me in for surgery, because I was scaring the other moms-to-be in the labor room. I would definitely have to say this is a no-no for me.

Physical pain stimulates a response in the brain to release Endorphins, which are responsible for pleasurable feelings.

A lot of narcotics have a similar effect.

well I'm an american not sure if i'm exactly normal i just prefer running cross country, at times it's painful enough

antihero, you've got it wrong. it doesn't add anything. it's like unacceptance said, it releases endorphins. Trust me, I've done enough to know. It feels good. The pain is nothing compared to that. I've never done drugs so I couldn't really make the comparison, but I've heard people say that it's the same or similar.

Unacceptance said:
CursedNeko said:
dude 0_o cant you guys just look for pr0n like a normal American does?

I'm not sure how this is relevant...?

o come on they were talking about releasing endorphins and feeling good =P

CursedNeko said:
Unacceptance said:
CursedNeko said:
dude 0_o cant you guys just look for pr0n like a normal American does?

I'm not sure how this is relevant...?

o come on they were talking about releasing endorphins and feeling good =P

Yes but as lifeforms that have emotions and are capable of a thought process beyond consume/reproduce (or so I've been told), we have more than just one way of looking at fulfillment and gratification.

If that's too complex or foreign to grasp, may I suggest maybe look at Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs?

no its not out of my grasp i merely told you how its related. just because you get offended easily doesnt mean you have to be rude and consume/reproduce is all humans are really good for <_<

Latest posts

Back