Parent(s)'s Verbal Abuse

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edward W said:
If it is any consolation to those who have posted, reading these make me want to be a better parent and avoid the things that have lasting and damaging effects.

Listen to your children, and let their words get into your brain. Consider their words, and don't roll over them with your own opinions.

That is the best advice i can give.

Edward W said:
If it is any consolation to those who have posted, reading these make me want to be a better parent and avoid the things that have lasting and damaging effects.

I couldn't imagine that your a bad father at all hun but its nice to see someone taking away something positive form these comments. If i am ever lucky enough to have a child i will do the same in memory of everyone hurt here!

Edward W said:

Eddy, I think you're doing an amazing job with your little angel and and I am sure you will continue to be a better one at it. But I know I can say this, that she's lucky to have you as her dad. :)

Edward W said:

Yeah Definitely. As detached from my family as I am, I never had to deal with anything like that. I mean I was lucky enough to have parents that were fine with me doing whatever it is I wanted to do with myself. If anybody ever decides to be reckless and have children with me, I'd definitely try to give them as much encouragement as I could...within reason. But other than that, Im honestly not really sure what kind of consolation I can give to those who actually had to go through that crap...

My Mum has talked down to me for years. I've gave as good as I got :D

Just like everyone else, my parents too have criticised and put me down. And because they seem to have a rather short temper, they do tend to overreact and become patriotic to even the smallest of mistakes I make. As a result, it does get hard to keep a straight face and move on from it. But somehow, I've managed alright and at the very least, you do try to learn from it as well as to "weather the storm" by building up your tolerance levels for next time if you get the drift.

Latest posts

Back