Is it cheating if..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CenotaphGirl

Under the dirt, that’s my home ⚰️
Reaction score
I just wondered what some boundaries are…

Illustration Text GIF by Jacqueline Jing Lin

It’s 11pm on a cold night and you notice some flashing on your partners phone, you see that they have been sending some nude pictures to others, when confronted they explained its just to boost their self-esteem and confidence as they feel like a fat whale… has your partner cheated? Keeping in mind that they have a legitimate reason… Or no matter how true the reason you’ll concentrate on your own feelings because you’re feelings trump theirs ?

No need to respond guys and gals if you don't like scenarios and so on.

it's second degree cheating ... the private parts of a person are reserved for their significant other only (obviously a sexual act if they didn't wear swimsuit)

I would feel weird being with someone who was sending nudie pics of themselves to others - it would be like posting posters of your car on street corners - he's assentially advertising himself!

Sending nudes to other people, covertly and without your partner’s consent? Yes, this would rank as cheating in my books. More importantly, though, I‘d be questioning the ‘why’ behind that action and the implications towards the relationship. ‘A need to boost their self-esteem’ isn’t a legitimate reason for behaviour like this as it undermines the trust one should place in their partner.

it's second degree cheating ... the private parts of a person are reserved for their significant other only (obviously a sexual act if they didn't wear swimsuit)
I swear everything is secondary degree cheating to some people 😅 but I think its more escapism than cheating but it may be due to the fact that I am not overly possessive.

I don't really have the mind of it to write a response to the hypothetical. But, I would like to say, I hope recovery from the surgery is going okay. :) Take it easy.
I appreciate ya Trops darling! Recovery is going so so, got readmitted in to hospital and discharged again and have some appointments later today and tomorrow to see how im responding, my looks are still at a low which is unsettling but my vision is clearer I feel like im seeing people for the first time 🙈😅 so alls well ✨

I would feel weird being with someone who was sending nudie pics of themselves to others - it would be like posting posters of your car on street corners - he's assentially advertising himself!
I cant help but think this is spicy lol but sometimes I think I just love being disrespected rather than respected, idk… but theres something hot about thinking my fella is still advertising but cant replace the princess… simply irreplaceable.

Sending nudes to other people, covertly and without your partner’s consent? Yes, this would rank as cheating in my books. More importantly, though, I‘d be questioning the ‘why’ behind that action and the implications towards the relationship. ‘A need to boost their self-esteem’ isn’t a legitimate reason for behaviour like this as it undermines the trust one should place in their partner.

This is true, many divorce proceeding have words like emotional affairs, Facebook and Texting in the filing now as people think messaging and nudes are always harmless but trust is a fragile thing and once broken its never the same.

Latest posts

Back