Parental Advice

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse

Reaction score
What great advice have your parents given you?

My dad has given me a few words of wisdom.

He said,

1. Always wear protection.
2. Never believe her if she says she can't get pregnant.
3. Go out and get a vasectomy tomorrow.

Thanks dad! (sarcastically)

How about mom?

Any problem I've ever had, mom has the solution.

1. Read your bible.
2. Pray.
3. Go to church.

Thanks mom! (sarcastically)

err....hmmm.....ahhh.....that is.....

lol, yep, that about sums it up. :p

I guess my parents were like Lonesome Crow's. :p

My mom is always telling us what she thinks. Which is good for both me and my brother. I take in and absorb what she says. My brother kind of overpasses anything either of us says to him, even though he knows we're right, and then when he needs help he looks at us like he's little kid.
I hope to be the mom my mother is to me to my kids, if I ever have any.

VanillaCreme said:
I hope to be the mom my mother is to me to my kids, if I ever have any.

That is the sweetest thing I've read in ages. If your mom knew you felt that way, I'm sure it would make her day. :)

My mom has always advised me to wear clean underwear every day, just in case I should get into an accident and then, my God, what would the EMTs think if they saw that I was wearing day-old underwear?

I'd kind of like to think that the EMTs were more concerned with keeping my vitals steady and trying to keep me from bleeding out before they got to the hospital than passing judgment on the status of my underwear. I mean, we haven't even touched on what type of underwear I'd have on. I'm pretty sure that if my mom knew about thongs she'd tell me not to wear one of those, even it if was the last clean pair I had, because, "What would the EMTs think?!"

My dad advised me not to get into credit card debt and to pay my bills, especially my mortgage, on time. Also, he says, "Don't let the bastards wear you down," "Keep your nose to the grindstone," and other cheerful tidbits.

Loool, my mom used to say that too about the underwear. She still does. Someone's having a stroke, a seizure, and a heart attack all at once, I seriously doubt anyone cares about the underwear. And my mom knows, even though she asks from time to time if she was a good mom. Being sick has made her very sensitive.

I too learned that the first step in any medical emergency is to check their underwear. Then i get kinda' lost on what to do next.

EveWasFramed said:

No...that's F-up Eve becuase I didn't know better :(

You know how embrassing it is when when you're expecting or assume
sum'in but it was totally different then what U thought?
I was actaully expect tha girl to blow. :(

EveWasFramed said:

Mine too. Although, to be fair, I'd have just done it my way anyway.

VanillaCreme said:
Loool, my mom used to say that too about the underwear. She still does. Someone's having a stroke, a seizure, and a heart attack all at once, I seriously doubt anyone cares about the underwear.

I suppose by judging the state of the underwear it tells you if you should even try to save the person, lol

Minus said:
I too learned that the first step in any medical emergency is to check their underwear. Then i get kinda' lost on what to do next.

I'd hope checking for a pulse would be at least step 2 or 3... ;-)

I had to get on of my parental advice from a book..

100 advice your parents should had told you...

Like always have a $100 bill in your wallet.
keep a roll of quarters in your car.
Keep a roll of TP in your car.
Keep a gallon of water in your car.
Keep a roll of stamps handy
Keep extra batteries handy
Keep a lighter or matches handy
Look at a person in the eyes while you're intruducing yourself.
When the hair stands on it's end on the back of your neck.."fucken run" Ask questions later.
Live on day at a time
Forgive yourself
Love yourself first and foremost....

Stuff like that.

As far as dating girls, sex, getting her pregnant and never trusting in a women...errr no

I had a rubber in my wallet while in HS..it made an impression on my wallet..A sign
that I was still a virgin...:(

The first time I wanted to use that rubber, the girl was like..."HELL NO..that'll get me pregnant" :(

My ex-wf taught me how to stick a tampon in her.
She also had to showed me what a freaken doosh bag was....
The first time I saw a diaphram, I thought it was sometype of make up contraption..:(

My friends had to tell me not trip out if my wife wanted cut my balls off, kill me and called
me every freaken name in the book as loud as she can, while she was in labor trying give birth to our duaghter.

I also made myself memorized the sayings from those learn your ABC posters..

Aviod negative , people, places, things and habits..
Belive in yourself.
Consider things from all sides
Don't give up and don't give in.
Enjoy life every moment
Family and friends are the most important things in your life.
Have dreams or plans.....
Ignore those that will discourage you.
Just do it......etc

my mother tried. i appreciate it though it failed at the time. my best advice was from a guy at a restaurant. who tried to explain to me, that my mother loved me, by punishing me, and that i would appreciate it later. i do.

Latest posts

Back