pen pal

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WL7.3

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for a female or gay male pen pal. I don't connect well with people as mentioned in the introductions thread. I don't feel like being redundant so I'll tell some other things about me so you can judge whether you think we'd relate.

I'm a 36 yr. old female. My highest level of education is G.E.D. My I.Q. is roughly 130-135 depending on if I ate my Wheaties. I have A.D.H.D and suspect mild aspergers. I'm kind spirited but critical for the sake of hypothetical analysis, so I can seem heartless. I'm actually very sensitive to human suffering. I'm cynical but as George Carlin said 'inside every cynic is a disappointed idealist'. I like to analyze and speculate about anything I come across but don't have a broad range of knowledge, so an intellectual would likely be bored. I'm silly and like to joke about things even when I'm down. Especially so. To quote Mark Twain, ' There's no laughter in heaven.'

I don't like competitive women and women who always have to feel superior by subtly putting me down or being condescending or 1 upping me. I seem to attract a lot of those. I'm self deprecating because I think it's a polite way to be and I can laugh at myself but some women take it as an invitation to be jerks.

Also I get bored talking about what you're going to make for dinner and the cute things your 2 yr. old said and what's on Oprah and how you wish you could lose that last 10 lbs. but you loooove chocolate. Don't get me wrong, I'm a girl and talk about things like that sometimes. SOMETIMES.

I'd like to interject that I hate writing these profiles and want to say I don't generally ramble on about myself. So anyway, here's more about me.

My mbti is unknown but I usually test intp 1% or infp 1%, so I'm an anti-social, spaced out, know it all, cry baby with a sink full of dirty dishes :)
My favorite poet is Auden, favorite fiction writers- Don Delillo, J.D. Salinger. Non-fiction -Bill Bryson. Music- Ulrich Schnauss, Deer Hunter, Breaking Benjamin. T.V.- the Walking Dead, Portlandia, Twin Peaks, Prison Break. Movie- Stranger than Paradise. Comedians- George Carlin, Demitri Martin. Activity- reading, jogging, walking, driving, being in the moment, sleeping and dreaming, exploring new places alone, especially urban decay and waste lands. I'm philosophically, poetically and artistically inclined but not especially talented.

I'm in the middle of everything and at the center of nothing. I'm not smart enough to accomplish anything but not dumb enough to be given a free pass. I'm a loner and a loser by nature. Despite all this and because of it, I like myself. If you think you might too and feel an affinity, message me and tell me about yourself.

The straight white male is losing on pen pals too lol.

*Edit: OP I did read your post. Not trying to be disrespectful. I simply don't fit your description. Good luck!!

Poguesy said:
Talk about a tall order :p
To not be catty or boring, or to be able to relate to my eccentric personality? The second one, right? :)

MellyVinelli said:
The straight white male is losing on pen pals too lol.

*Edit: OP I did read your post. Not trying to be disrespectful. I simply don't fit your description. Good luck!!

Thx.

Can I ask why you don't want straight male guys as pen pal friends?

Just curious.

I was diagnosed of Asperger's some years ago, although I do not think I'm actually an aspie. My IQ is over 147, according to a psychologist that had me tested when I was 9, but I find it really hard to believe as well. I hate the how-was-your-day talk and can't make friends. My favorite authors are Dostoyevsky and Goethe, and my favorite poetess is Alejandra Pizarnik (Argentine poetess).

By the way, there's no such thing as "mild asperger's". Asperger is a mild form of autism, so mild asperger's would be so mild that it would not be considered a pervasive developmental disorder in the first place :p Besides, asperger's syndrome is a really disabling neurological disorder, so if you had a mild form of a mild disorder, you would not be as handicapped as required in order to be diagnosed of Asperger's. But I'm just saying, it could also be possible that you are not actually as mild as you believe to be, but I do not know you and I cannot talk about you.

I'm 15 and gay. I seem to fit your description, unless you do not find teenagers interesting. In such case, good luck. If not, see you.

Edward W said:

Just curious.
Sure. It's out of respect for my boyfriend. I actually get along better with males, if anyone but it just opens up a potential can of worms.

WL7.3 said:
Edward W said:

Just curious.
Sure. It's out of respect for my boyfriend. I actually get along better with males, if anyone but it just opens up a potential can of worms.

Okay - I get that.

WL7.3 said:
Hi, I'm looking for a female or gay male pen pal. I don't connect well with people as mentioned in the introductions thread. I don't feel like being redundant so I'll tell some other things about me so you can judge whether you think we'd relate.

I'm a 36 yr. old female. My highest level of education is G.E.D. My I.Q. is roughly 130-135 depending on if I ate my Wheaties. I have A.D.H.D and suspect mild aspergers. I'm kind spirited but critical for the sake of hypothetical analysis, so I can seem heartless. I'm actually very sensitive to human suffering. I'm cynical but as George Carlin said 'inside every cynic is a disappointed idealist'. I like to analyze and speculate about anything I come across but don't have a broad range of knowledge, so an intellectual would likely be bored. I'm silly and like to joke about things even when I'm down. Especially so. To quote Mark Twain, ' There's no laughter in heaven.'
Eh, never mind.
I don't like competitive women and women who always have to feel superior by subtly putting me down or being condescending or 1 upping me. I seem to attract a lot of those. I'm self deprecating because I think it's a polite way to be and I can laugh at myself but some women take it as an invitation to be jerks.

Also I get bored talking about what you're going to make for dinner and the cute things your 2 yr. old said and what's on Oprah and how you wish you could lose that last 10 lbs. but you loooove chocolate. Don't get me wrong, I'm a girl and talk about things like that sometimes. SOMETIMES.

I'd like to interject that I hate writing these profiles and want to say I don't generally ramble on about myself. So anyway, here's more about me.

My mbti is unknown but I usually test intp 1% or infp 1%, so I'm an anti-social, spaced out, know it all, cry baby with a sink full of dirty dishes :)
My favorite poet is Auden, favorite fiction writers- Don Delillo, J.D. Salinger. Non-fiction -Bill Bryson. Music- Ulrich Schnauss, Deer Hunter, Breaking Benjamin. T.V.- the Walking Dead, Portlandia, Twin Peaks, Prison Break. Movie- Stranger than Paradise. Comedians- George Carlin, Demitri Martin. Activity- reading, jogging, walking, driving, being in the moment, sleeping and dreaming, exploring new places alone, especially urban decay and waste lands. I'm philosophically, poetically and artistically inclined but not especially talented.

I'm in the middle of everything and at the center of nothing. I'm not smart enough to accomplish anything but not dumb enough to be given a free pass. I'm a loner and a loser by nature. Despite all this and because of it, I like myself. If you think you might too and feel an affinity, message me and tell me about yourself.
Eh, never mind.

Rosebolt said:
Poguesy said:
Do you connect well with beans?

I am bean sauce.

Love me.

Are you trying to take over Sigma's place?

WL7.3 said:
WL7.3 said:

Eh, never mind.

Eh, never mind.

Not nevermind. If you feel that these are the set of things you need to have in a friend, then keep looking. So many people out there.. but the more things you strictly expect, the harder it might be to find that person for a friend.

I dunno, I tend to keep an open mind and accept people as they are because I have not been through everything in life.. I can't possibly know who's good to be friends with or not based on who or how they are... I rather usually go for their behaviour. Even so, even if the people I meet are negative, I still tend to give them chances.. I think people behave a certain way for a reason and I am always curious to find out the reasons.

Yeah, I'm probably weird. Oh well. I'm up for a friend if you need one. You know where to find me.

Poguesy said:
If they're cool beans :p

ladyforsaken said:
Rosebolt said:
Poguesy said:

I am bean sauce.

Love me.

Are you trying to take over Sigma's place?

WL7.3 said:
WL7.3 said:

Eh, never mind.

Eh, never mind.

Not nevermind. If you feel that these are the set of things you need to have in a friend, then keep looking. So many people out there.. but the more things you strictly expect, the harder it might be to find that person for a friend.

I dunno, I tend to keep an open mind and accept people as they are because I have not been through everything in life.. I can't possibly know who's good to be friends with or not based on who or how they are... I rather usually go for their behaviour. Even so, even if the people I meet are negative, I still tend to give them chances.. I think people behave a certain way for a reason and I am always curious to find out the reasons.

Yeah, I'm probably weird. Oh well. I'm up for a friend if you need one. You know where to find me.

Thx. You can message me to if you want. I wanted to take this post down but can't figure it out because I'm already writing 2 people and it's really time consuming. I should be more specific. Sorry for the confusion people and thx for the kind responses. Also, I meant no offense to more traditionally minded women. I was just frustrated.

WL7.3 said:

Oh, a fellow fan of George, too bad you don't care for writing to men.

Latest posts

Back