People never cease to amaze me!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel_in_view

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. It seems like i'm coming to this board more and more lately! However, I always appreciate the comments I get on here. With that said, I have had something else happen that I must share. I just wondered if any of you have been through this...

To give a little background, the last time I was on here, I was trying to decide if I should close the door on a friendship that had been fading away for about a yr. I'd been friends w/this person for several yrs, but ever since I stopped working w/her, it seems as if I was "out of sight, out of mind." All attempts for contact basically came from me and it was very obvious that it was turning into a one-sided attempt to keep the close friendship going. So, I put her into the "see ya when I see ya" category..meaning if I see her out somewhere, i'd be my same, friendly self, but I would NOT try to make lunch dates w/her.

Okay, that brings us up to last week. I ran into a girl who also used to work @ the same company we (me & the "friend" mentioned above) did. She only worked w/me for about 3 months before transferring to another location. Although I didn't know her long, we became "friendly" I guess you could say. She was a really nice person and we got along well as co-workers. As we were catching up on what the other one was doing, she invited me on a girls' day out next weekend with her and yep, you guessed it....the friend I've put in the "see ya when I see ya" category. I was able to keep my poker face, but I was floored. I told her I had a previous engagement(which I really do) and couldn't come w/them. We talked a few more min, and as we were leaving, she said she was going to mention seeing me and we needed to plan a another outing for the 3 of us.

As i drove off, my mind was racing. I thought, "wow, she doesn't have a problem planning stuff w/her, but it was like pulling teeth to get her to plan anything w/me." We've been friends much longer and although it should have hurt my feelings, it didn't. I guess I've just accepted that we're not as close anymore...for reasons I can't explain, and i've moved on. It did sting a little though to find out she's having "dates" w/others and not me. Oh well. My hubby said he would've liked to have seen her face when the other girl told her she'd run into me and had invited me out w/them.

That sucks...good you don't care!
What a friend-pretender that person was...
You don't need people like that...
I thought I made a friend and then when I asked her of an event she invited me to, she pretended not to know anything and that she can't remember saying it and then I later found out she went with another girl.
I mean, why bother??

Latest posts

Back