people talking behind your back !

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duff

Reaction score
I got asked to goto this meeting a few weeks ago at work. Our manager had got a poor score in his talkback questionaire and they wanted to know why. I got asked if I wanted to go, so I said 'yes'

So i went with 3 other people and we spoke to the area manager and a woman from HR. They said 'don't name names' and I didn't. But I told them about a few problems the store had and I gave my opinion. I enjoyed the meeting, thought it was good to have my say for a change.

I know for a fact the other 3 (or probably just one of them) has gone and told the other staff exactly what I said. Even though we was told not to say what had been said in the meeting. Early in the week one lass started talking about a point I had mentioned (people having breaks when they are not allowed !) - now I have had a comment from somebody on facebook hinting they know exactly what I said.

People are so 2 faced, when your out of the room they will talk about you and bad mouth you, it's incredible ! To your face, they are as nice as pie !

I talk to the people at work because it would a long day keeping quiet but I don't trust any of them. I really want to delete all the twats off my facebook but they might notice !

A large part of success in the workplace is managing to get along with one's co-workers, which can be incredibly difficult when encountering honeysuckle like you just illustrated above.

I saw first hand why it's never a good idea to give HR your honest opinion of "how things are" at work. One of my co-workers was forthright about her minor grievances and was let go the following week. Live and learn.

I'm sorry you are witnessing the less-nice aspects of your co-workers. Often times, people suck, co-workers especially so.

mountainvista said:
A large part of success in the workplace is managing to get along with one's co-workers, which can be incredibly difficult when encountering honeysuckle like you just illustrated above.

I saw first hand why it's never a good idea to give HR your honest opinion of "how things are" at work. One of my co-workers was forthright about her minor grievances and was let go the following week. Live and learn.

I'm sorry you are witnessing the less-nice aspects of your co-workers. Often times, people suck, co-workers especially so.

thanks

I agree, I 'get along' with some of the people at work because i basically have to. I don't trust them though because they all lie.

Ive just altered my facebook so the arsey one can't see my posts anymore.

mountainvista said:

^^ This. My sister is a Hospice nurse and she describes things like that.

EveWasFramed said:
mountainvista said:

^^ This. My sister is a Hospice nurse and she describes things like that.

I didn't go overboard at the meeting, I wasn't too hard on the manager (who can be an arse btw) - I did mention when the boss is off, alot of the staff spend their time in the canteen instead of working.

I think all work places probably have 'this'

Ive changed my facebook so that the 'big mouths' at work can't see my posts !

duff said:
thanks

I agree, I 'get along' with some of the people at work because i basically have to. I don't trust them though because they all lie.

Ive just altered my facebook so the arsey one can't see my posts anymore.

It is indeed sad when "Trust no one" is the best advice you can give someone on how to survive the workplace. :(

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation.That's one of the main reasons why I dislike having friends and/or interacting with others.

About your FB, well, why don't you open a new account, then, you add the ones you like and close the old one with the backstabbers. I'd do that.

And, remember: no matter where you go, you'll always find people like this. It's part of human nature, unfortunately. :)

Gondwanaland said:
I'm really sorry to hear about your situation.That's one of the main reasons why I dislike having friends and/or interacting with others.

About your FB, well, why don't you open a new account, then, you add the ones you like and close the old one with the backstabbers. I'd do that.

And, remember: no matter where you go, you'll always find people like this. It's part of human nature, unfortunately. :)

Ive changed my FB so these 2 particular big mouths at work can't see my posts. Ive not removed them from my friends list though. I don't really like having people from work as 'friends' on facebook. I use FB to let off steam sometimes !

duff said:
Gondwanaland said:

Ive changed my FB so these 2 particular big mouths at work can't see my posts. Ive not removed them from my friends list though. I don't really like having people from work as 'friends' on facebook. I use FB to let off steam sometimes !

I agree, and if you ever end up in a new job you should consider making it a point not to add any coworkers to your FB. Not worth the risk IMO. Stuff that gets posted on there will spread like the flu at work, no matter who sees it.

Oh you are so right. I came across a few people who were just like your colleagues. I can't bar them but i keep them at a good distance.
One more thing i have noticed that there are some people, you don't even know well (friends of friends) but they are so much interested in your life. People have so much time!!!

Revengineer said:
duff said:
Gondwanaland said:

I agree, and if you ever end up in a new job you should consider making it a point not to add any coworkers to your FB. Not worth the risk IMO. Stuff that gets posted on there will spread like the flu at work, no matter who sees it.

I have a rule that I am not 'friends' on facebook with any of the management at work. I did unfriend one woman because of this. There have loads of occasions in the past where people have been upset / unhappy because of little things I have put on FB.

In the canteen at work there is a notice saying what you can say on Facebook and twitter. I resent this because it's my pc, my facebook and I can say what the fresia I like. If I had a bad day at work, I will put 'bad day at work' - I don't name 'names' so I don't see what's wrong with it. My opinion. Yet you aren't supposed to do it. You can be an ambassador for the company and spread the word about what a great place to work it is though.

Latest posts

Back