People who have tons of friends cause of their looks make me sick

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well people who are more attractive get talked to more because of their looks but its their personality that makes the friends stay, and if they are only staying for their money, the people aren't really their friends are they?

Its not there looks that gets them heaps of friends, its there confidence. someone that looks nice would have good confidence in themself, where as not so pretty people have no confidence. you dont have to be the hottest person, just pretend you are lol.

What you look like doesnt matter, its who you are inside, tho if you never put yourself out there people will never see the inner you.

Porman said:
Its not there looks that gets them heaps of friends, its there confidence. someone that looks nice would have good confidence in themself, where as not so pretty people have no confidence. you dont have to be the hottest person, just pretend you are lol.

What you look like doesnt matter, its who you are inside, tho if you never put yourself out there people will never see the inner you.

This is true but I would say its easier to get confidence when your drop dead Georges. I have seen what some women get based Solly on there looks.

i dont hate ppl who have friends because of theirr looks, what r they supposed to do? I just feel its unfair for ppl who arent 'beautiful' to suffer loneliness because of it.

If looks would equal friends then I wouldn't have any friends at all. When it comes to friends looks don't mean anything to me, aslong the person is someone I enjoy spending lot time with then it is all that matters. When it comes to a relationship though looks gain some importance because I don't think one can have healthy and fullfilling relationship without mutual physical attraction. But as the saying goes ”Love makes you blind”. When you like someone due to who they are you won't see the ”flaws” of his or her appearence.

In all honesty though I tend to look down somewhat the popular crowd. They tend to be shallow, (yes I know I am being just as bad :p) and have other life values so different from mine that I wouldn't be able to be friends with them. I would just get highly annoyed if I would try. They probably dislike me too as much, but I couldn't care less aslong they keep it to themselves like I do.

I haven't been bullied due to my looks since I came to high school, but when I was in junior high school I was called fatass and other variations of the insult. The one that hurt me most was being called apeman though as it insulted my other qualities than my looks aswell. If people would still laugh/insult me for looking what I look like I would probably just laugh back for their lack of social skills and inability for humane behavior. Luckily I have been spared from this.

I agree with you seekingpeace, I was just saying that I think its easier to get confidence when you are good looking. But ye I totally agree with you.

I would not call you shallow Frostburn cos you look down on them. I know the kinder ppl you mean and most of them sort are normally all like am "IT" kinder attitude. Well just as long as you did give them a chance first. I mean most ppl have something deeper about them self then what first come across.

I was nicknamed monkey magic when I was in junior school. And FA-cup cos I got big ears lol well there not that big but ppl make out there are hah I just laugh that sort of thing of now. But I guss maybe if I was perfect looking like some of the other kids back then I would had probably had more friends. well no one is perfect looking but you get me. I do walk with a limp and I have had kids say that there not hanging with a spake as well. That was in seiner school. So I do think looks make a difference to some degree. Also its been proven that if your tall and good looking you are moor libel to do better in your career then if you where not tall and good looking.

Don't look at physical appearance as a give-in for confidence. I know lots of pretty girls who are insecure. Confidence stems from one's own desire to take a piece of the world for themselves, whether it's friends in high school, a high-paying job, whatever. You have to think in terms of "I deserve whatever the fresia I want, because I'm the honeysuckle." Simply decide why you're the honeysuckle, decide what you deserve and if you do it right, confidence will follow.

That may be all true but If I was normal or good looking, I would not have been beaten up by pretty much everybody, and I also wouldn't have suffer from social anxiety, and I wouldn't be this miserable and lonely.

I have a low self esteem and i've been told my many people that im gorgeous, and i've been told by others that i look like a rabbit:rolleyes:, so you get the picture, i dont feel pretty though.
But the "good looking=more friends" is not a rule, confidence is what matters.

I don't think I could agree with this. Many customers while I'm working tells me I'm pretty and ask me whether I was popular. But in reality, I don't have a single friend *looks at her empty phone list*, even if I'm friendly. Sure I may put a little effort in the way I dress and I do have some sort of low self-esteem, that's why I try to dress up to feel more confident. But.. I tend to feel down when I see a group of friends laughing, enjoying their time. -_-;; I think it all comes down to attitudes and personality. In my opinion, popular people consist of people who love attention, brag, gossip, loud, they attract people cause their personality shines out very confidently. As for me, I'm just a timid little girl.

The group from my school was like that. Then that group became larger, thus mine becoming smaller. I became pretty messed off. The end.

Interestingly, people remark that they cannot trust or let people in that much, yet complain about larger groups who obviously have. I guess you have to put your neck on the line to be one of those popular people, you usually find half the world loves them -and the other half hates them unadulteratedly.

I have felt sad about not being a part of these sort of groups. Yet I was so much so on the cusp that I was invited out and about with these people once or twice. These sorts, as nice as they are, had no substance. The friends I eventually wound up with were all the strangest, yet most remarkable lot.

People who like people or even date them because of how they look are shallow and have no real feel for how "real" peoples feelings are hurt by that sort of thing.
I'd rather have a single friend who liked me the way i was over a huge circle of people who wanted to be my friend (but probably stabbed me in the back)becuase i look good out with them.

Hijacc said:
I dont want popularity just immunity to people messing with me.

I agree with you Hepcat <3
It really irks me when people just bully me cause of
what I look like or who I am. But I don't want to be
popular. I just want to be left alone and treated
normally. ^^

These types of beautiful people I find to be typically shallow. So I guess its best not to envy them. There was a beautiful girl one time who acted like she liked me. Me and her were like from two different worlds, she was from the popular/rich/goodlooking crowd. Even if she did truely like me I wouldn't let her. Because I thought it was just impossible that she would like ME. It was high school and I looked at everyone as people who wanted to play tricks on me and put me down. So in my mind I thought she was just acting that way around me to put on a show. So then she could pull away and laugh at me, and say I'm pathetic and could never get a girl like her. You know, I seen this happen to other ugly people before. I thought I had the upper hand in things if I expect everyones out to get me. That way they couldn't. I have no idea anymore if I'm ugly or not. Its impossible to get a true opinion of that. Cause if you ask someone ofcourse they'll try to be nice and say. "Nah you look fine" "Stop worrying about it" If you ever ask anyone if your ugly... Do you think they would say "yes you are" NO they would not!

lonelyloser said:
There are so many people I know of who are so happy and bubbly because they have so many friends and it's only cause they look good and have money. They look down upon people who aren't like them as if it's their fault that they aren't as beautiful or popular. These people have had so many fun and great experiences in their life because of their good luck. It makes me think of how shitty and lonely my life has been. I'll see like teenagers just laughing together at the mall and even that will make me depressed cause I never had that. And that alone just makes me want to die so bad so I don't have to witness it anymore.

It does seem like those in the world that have the good looks do tend to really have an edge over the rest, but in the end I think that a good personality will always pay off more as looks are so fleeting anyway.
People who depend on their looks alot I think usually wind up getting depressed later in life as they age and their looks start going.
I guess it is best to just be happy with who you are at what God gave you. I know that that is sometimes much easier said than done.
I am trying to do the same thing myself.

people tell me im good looking, and i have plenty of money, yet i don't have many close friends. I wouldn't say i'm a nasty person either, in fact i'd make sure anyone i was close to were ok before myself. However i've been plagued with loneliness all my life.

im good looking and i know people be nicer to me because of it. But im still lonely because i stopped going out and lost contact with all my friends except one.

Old thread but let me just reveal the ugly truth about this. I was once popular and the jock in school. I had many friends more then I could count. I also had very popular friends that were girls. For very pretty girls to think they have many friends comes a hefty price. The things I use to hear from my jock friends in locker rooms about some of these girls were horrific. Half if not almost all guys that pretended to be friends with popular girls only had one intention. That being to get lucky and sleep with them. Although I was in this shallow group it was a wake up call for me. I soon realized these were no friends but only companions until end of school. Thats exactly what happened when I graduated. All of the sudden my big group of friends vanished and I had to start finding new friends. So next time you feel jealous or angry at these popular bunch ask yourself this. These friends he or she has are they real or are they with them just fir show or other purposes.

Latest posts

Back