Plans got canceled.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revengineer

Reaction score
I had been looking forward to having lunch with an old college friend this weekend. She's moved to the other side of the country and I haven't seen her in years. It was kind of something I was looking forward to the entire week.

Well, she just canceled on me. For a good reason - she had a last-minute notice for a job interview - but it still sucks. Looks like my quota for meaningful human interaction isn't getting filled this week. :(

Irritating, but I'm sure they'll re-schedule?

Nope, she's going home again after the weekend. It's okay, I'll find something to do.

I'm sorry to hear that your plans got cancelled. It can make us feel really low when something doesn't go according to plan because we get our hopes up and we usually end up disappointed. I've tried to re-schedule with friends before, but they still kept giving me excuses so I've basically given up due to not always believing what they had to give as a reason why it wasn't happening. (they usually let me know at the last minute as well when I was most excited and that was from a someone that has been my friend for over 10 years).

I'm sorry that I went on a bit of a rant there. I hope that you are able to take it better than I have.

Indeed sorry to hear that hun i hope you manage to see her again another time, is there anyone else you can invite out some time soon?

I'd invite you out for lunch but think the trip to the UK (unless your here) would probably be to far.

*Sammy* said:
Indeed sorry to hear that hun i hope you manage to see her again another time, is there anyone else you can invite out some time soon?

I'd invite you out for lunch but think the trip to the UK (unless your here) would probably be to far.

Too far? Nonsense, I'll just go in my private jet. The kind that runs on diamonds. :D

That sucks to hear man.
Don't give up let it get you down though, it was for a good reason so it's not like she blew you off.

Just re-organize it and hang out again sometime. :)

Sorry to hear that. I don't know about you guys but I hate it when plans get changed or canceled. I like the structured approach to life.

Latest posts

Back