Playing Music/Instruments

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I make music for video games and occasionally film for a living. I do this using a Midi keyboard, Ableton Live and lots of Kontakt Libraries, 3rd party plugins etc, etc. I've also played guitar since 2005 and Didgeridoo for the last 4 years or so.

I make music for video games and occasionally film for a living. I do this using a Midi keyboard, Ableton Live and lots of Kontakt Libraries, 3rd party plugins etc, etc. I've also played guitar since 2005 and Didgeridoo for the last 4 years or so.
What kind of video games?
Keyboard is cool. I have one, but need to stop being a lazy bum and get to using it more. I'd to cover some Depeche Mode one of these years

I had piano lessons when i was much younger. Wasn't really any good and then other interests came along, but I used to play. Still find it hard walk past a set of black and white keys without banging out some chopsticks, it's the classic. :)

I had piano lessons when i was much younger. Wasn't really any good and then other interests came along, but I used to play. Still find it hard walk past a set of black and white keys without banging out some chopsticks, it's the classic. :)
Oh me to...its so hard to not tickle the ivories!

I wished my parents had made me learn piano. Instead, I wanted/had guitar lessons when I was 11.
I guess it's never too late though, right?

I used to enjoy playing the keyboard in school and i was quite good at it. But outside of school i enjoyed football (soccer), video games and being outside to go any further with it. A shame really as i could have wrote some diabolical/cheesy love songs.

I wished my parents had made me learn piano. Instead, I wanted/had guitar lessons when I was 11.
I guess it's never too late though, right?
I am guessing that piano just didn't seem very rock and roll at that age? :) They do say that you are never too old to learn something new so maybe you should give it a go. I would imagine that if you can read music for guitar it's just a case of transferring the skills across?

It will be the only thing that lets me play with it, along with my PC and PS5. When love hurt me again a few years ago i actually wrote poetry for that person, which was actually very good from what i remember. But i won't do that again 😂

I am guessing that piano just didn't seem very rock and roll at that age? :) They do say that you are never too old to learn something new so maybe you should give it a go. I would imagine that if you can read music for guitar it's just a case of transferring the skills across?
exactly.. haha. I was a weird kid. I grew up - around that age- listening to a lot of rock.. it was the time of 90's alternative.. then I fell into more of the punk/ska scene as my teen years arrived..
but you're right.. I should give it a whirl.. :)

exactly.. haha. I was a weird kid. I grew up - around that age- listening to a lot of rock.. it was the time of 90's alternative.. then I fell into more of the punk/ska scene as my teen years arrived..
but you're right.. I should give it a whirl.. :)
I'm sure you were far from the weirdest kid around. I was born in the mid 70's so probably a bit ahead of you (not knowing how old you are) but I was pretty weird myself. Most of the music I tend to listen to now is still the stuff that I listened to back then when I was growing up. Be it just out of habit or the memories that it brings back who knows.
Yes, I think you should give us a go, what's to lose? :)

I'm sure you were far from the weirdest kid around. I was born in the mid 70's so probably a bit ahead of you (not knowing how old you are) but I was pretty weird myself. Most of the music I tend to listen to now is still the stuff that I listened to back then when I was growing up. Be it just out of habit or the memories that it brings back who knows.
Yes, I think you should give us a go, what's to lose? :)
Same... I don't listen to any new music.. I think I stopped listening to anything "new" during the late 90s. Only listen to old/er music..
weird in the sense that.. I can listen to 70s british street punk and then 5 mins later switch to 1950's Perry Como .. eclectic would be the right word? :geek:

Latest posts

Back