PLEASE NO!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enchanted Girl

Reaction score
I'm freaking out so bad. For the first time in a long time (years and years), I actually have had friends in person. Two girls became my friends and have been hanging out with me a few times a week. I was so happy.

Anyway, my two best friends fell in love with one another, which I am happy for, but they decided they are moving away at the beginning of August and then I'll be alone again and I can't handle it.

Why? OH GOD WHY?!

Now all I'll have is my boyfriend and my family again and if my boyfriend winds up breaking up with me like my last one did, I don't think I can handle it. I'm getting severely clingy with him because my two friends are leaving and I hate it.

Not to mention that my Mom is really sick and has a chance of dying (don't want to get into it), so I might be losing another person that's always been there for me. =(

What do I do? Seriously, help me. I don't want to feel the loneliness again. I can't take it. I've been lonely more than my share in life and its killing me.

I'm trying to make friends with other people, but they are doing what ALL people do where they feel like they have already filled up their quota of friends and I'm just a nuisance.

*hugs enchanted girl*

that sucks I'm really sorry about that, you're not a nuisance please don't think that

I know it is hard to think of being lonely agian, but this proved that you've made friends and you can make friends it's not over and you can do it,

life is hard for pretty much everyone, but this too shall pass and you'll be ok

*hugs*

:)

Maybe you could take this time to be with your mom. She can take comfort in your presence, and you will take comfort from her because she is your mom, even when friends come and go. Be there for each other.

nerdygirl said:
That sucks. Why are they moving?

One of them wants to work and go to school in a different state nearer to her Mom. The other one is coming with.

@Kaede: Trust me, I will, even if I do have friends. I make a point of seeing her at least twice a week because I don't live with her, but when I see her, we talk a bunch.

Enchanted Girl said:
Trust me, I will, even if I do have friends. I make a point of seeing her at least twice a week because I don't live with her, but when I see her, we talk a bunch.

That will be good for both of you. I hope everything works out ok!

More than your share in life? Be glad older members didn't jump on this opportunity to set your ass straight. You get the -.- eyes from me.

That is all.

alonewanderer said:
More than your share in life? Be glad older members didn't jump on this opportunity to set your ass straight. You get the -.- eyes from me.

That is all.

Why? Because your share is larger? Both our shares can't be more than we deserve?

I've literally been alone all my life except for the past six months, which makes a total of twenty five years, over a fourth of the average life expectancy.

Most kids had friends growing up in school and crap, but I didn't. I was beaten up, made fun of, and wandered around alone most of the time.

Excuse me for being terrified of being alone again in my life when I've had severe panic attacks from it and had to deal with years of therapy to deal with the agoraphobia and other mental disorders I developed from my past.

I'm so sorry that I'm obviously exaggerating how terrifying this prospect is.

Being alone sucks, even if its just for a short period of time, thank you very much. Someone with a heart would understand that.

I finally have friends that I can do stuff with and now they are being taken away from me after only a few months. Yes, I am very upset because they were very hard to get.

Enchanted Girl said:
I'm so sorry that I'm obviously exaggerating how terrifying this prospect is.

Being alone sucks, even if its just for a short period of time, thank you very much. Someone with a heart would understand that.

I finally have friends that I can do stuff with and now they are being taken away from me after only a few months. Yes, I am very upset because they were very hard to get.

Its tough being alone, and having friends before can only make it seem even more lonely in comparison. For what it is worth, though, consider this: you've made friends successfully. You've gained valuable experience and skills from it, and with it, you can earn friends again sooner than before.

How did you get to know them in the first place?

What are your interests and hobbies? We shall use the power of the internet to find groups and clubs for you in your town!

Internet power is GO!

Hello Enchanted Girl. I know exactly what you are going through. In the past year I have lost 2 of my closest friends and becuase of a family fued I do not speak to my brother anymore who has been closest to me my entire life. I am married and my husbands family lives in another country. We really do not have anyone other than ourselves to be with and it gets terribly lonely. It is taking over my life and I feel it's putting a strain on my marriage. I ofen think about making amends with my family only to have them back in my life, but they are awful to me and are unwilling to make any appologies for it. I only hope to meet new people, but at 33 its hard. I have had ups and downs with lonelyness over the years, so I know one day it will get better. Keep your head up! It's nice just to have someone else to talk to.

IgnoredOne said:
Its tough being alone, and having friends before can only make it seem even more lonely in comparison. For what it is worth, though, consider this: you've made friends successfully. You've gained valuable experience and skills from it, and with it, you can earn friends again sooner than before.

How did you get to know them in the first place?

Through my boyfriend. Usually this doesn't work. A boyfriend's friends are his friends and are just nice to you because you are dating them. As soon as you break-up, they'll stop talking to you. But these were two girls that he didn't know that well that were hanging out with a group of his friends. That he had just met and introduced me to. It turned out that I had more in common with them than he did and they became more my friends than his.

rla2011 said:
Hello Enchanted Girl. I know exactly what you are going through. In the past year I have lost 2 of my closest friends and becuase of a family fued I do not speak to my brother anymore who has been closest to me my entire life. I am married and my husbands family lives in another country. We really do not have anyone other than ourselves to be with and it gets terribly lonely. It is taking over my life and I feel it's putting a strain on my marriage. I ofen think about making amends with my family only to have them back in my life, but they are awful to me and are unwilling to make any appologies for it. I only hope to meet new people, but at 33 its hard. I have had ups and downs with lonelyness over the years, so I know one day it will get better. Keep your head up! It's nice just to have someone else to talk to.

That sucks! A whole lot.

It's very hard to meet people as an adult. =(

Well the only two friends who I really trust recently fell in love with each other and now they go off and ignore me most of the time. I feel alienated by them... sounds similar to the first part of what you said.

It's a terrible thing. =\

Limlim said:
What are your interests and hobbies? We shall use the power of the internet to find groups and clubs for you in your town!

Internet power is GO!

I signed up for a club because of this post. ^_^

ryk said:
Well the only two friends who I really trust recently fell in love with each other and now they go off and ignore me most of the time. I feel alienated by them... sounds similar to the first part of what you said.

It's a terrible thing. =\

I'm going to admit that I can relate to that, although I've been trying not to let it get to me too much and be really understanding about it.

But it makes me feel bad when they discuss inside jokes that don't include me or start talking as if I'm not standing there.

Enchanted Girl said:
But it makes me feel bad when they discuss inside jokes that don't include me or start talking as if I'm not standing there.

Exactly. :(

Well have you brought up the subject to them?

Since they're your best friends, I think you should talk to them. I'm not suggesting you try to change their minds about leaving, but just let them know what you're feeling. Ask if they can help you try to make some new friends before they go. Each of them might know at least one other person they could introduce to you. If not, maybe they can help you come up with ways to meet new friends. If they do it with you, that might make it easier.

nerdygirl said:
Since they're your best friends, I think you should talk to them. I'm not suggesting you try to change their minds about leaving, but just let them know what you're feeling. Ask if they can help you try to make some new friends before they go. Each of them might know at least one other person they could introduce to you. If not, maybe they can help you come up with ways to meet new friends. If they do it with you, that might make it easier.

This is a great idea!

Oh, that's bad and sad. :/ I'm sorry.

My mother is really sick too, I know how you feel about that thing... She can die also. :( But it is to stay positive as much as you can, and be close to her as much as possible because never can know when the time comes...

All the best for you. :)

Latest posts

Back