Please Vote #1

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How can the MOM award be altered to nullify the competitive feeling?

• It's good as it is; votes collected in a thread

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • The staff members should by themselves choose the deserving winners of the award

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Make the voting invisible by using the PM system instead

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
R

Robin

Personally i don't think that the second choice is fair since the staff members only have three couples of eyes together right now and we can't follow along with everything that everyone does in here since alot of stuff is going on in the chat-rooms and via the PM system. Just trying to make the one's who'd otherwise vote for that option consider this before they vote.

"It's good as it is, "votes collected in a thread"

I agree that it should not be up to staff members as we have no clue what might have been said fro PM. I mean there is a lot of help given on this site fro PM.

Edit: Also I still think you should have your vote Robin in this polls. You are entitled to have your vote as well. I have.

Thanks for saying that Jonathan, but i just want what the majority wants so we can put this discussion on ice for a while.

NP, I understand where your coming from :)

Also you scare me calling me Jonathan. Pleas Jono is cool. that's what me mates call me ;)

Bluey said:
Also you scare me calling me Jonathan. Pleas Jono is cool. that's what me mates call me ;)

Hahaha, ok mate! I'll go back to Jono then, Jono. ;)
I'm off to get som grub in the tub. See You later my buddy!

Robin said:
Personally i don't think that the second choice is fair since the staff members only have three couples of eyes together right now and we can't follow along with everything that everyone does in here since alot of stuff is going on in the chat-rooms and via the PM system. Just trying to make the one's who'd otherwise vote for that option consider this before they vote.

You make a very good point, Robin. Some people on the forum have very limited interaction with the mods. Of course, you can tell a lot about a person by what they say in their posts, but it's not the same as actually interacting with them. The PM vote, while not perfect, would be a feasible solution, but you will still ALWAYS have some who "make noise." Can't we all just get long?! lol

Remind me again why you need to have an award?
You guys have strange ideas about what is and is not appropriate on a site for lonely people.
Not that my oppinion matters, just felt it needed to be said.

Qui said:
Remind me again why you need to have an award?
You guys have strange ideas about what is and is not appropriate on a site for lonely people.
Not that my oppinion matters, just felt it needed to be said.

Oh my dear, Your opinion moor then matters.

Glad to have your input.

Bottom line is we only do what most of the members wont and at the same time try and make the site as an interesting and helpful place as possible.

Qui said:

This isn't only a community for people in need. There are other people here as well. We can't just forget about the ones who are HELPING the ones in need, can we? Thinking outside the box, that's what we're trying to do here. If we'd stay in the box like some people do here, which is why they still are in need, this would be the most boring website in the world. And that would NOT be a healthy place to stay for as many hours per day as people has done here through the years! Some people LIVE here, and the ones who help are amongst those people, and they have a right to get something back for their help too, whether it's by more features or simple recognition in this case.

Is there anyone here who either themselves are, or know someone, who doesn't feel glad for the people who get some recognition here? Are You jealous? Could You do better Yourself? If the people who help never get to know that their work is appreciated there won't be any people who help!

Nothing wrong with the idea, I think you are doing the right thing... It's like any other thread, the people who want to participate can, and the people that don't, won't check the thread...

Fodderboy said:
Nothing wrong with the idea, I think you are doing the right thing... It's like any other thread, the people who want to participate can, and the people that don't, won't check the thread...

Amen, brotha! :p

Well, as the poll obviously shows, the majority has chosen to keep the voting of the MOM award as it is, so far.

The poll closes in three days (when a week has passed.)

Latest posts

Back