police pledge!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bluey

I keep listening to this advert on the radio why am on here (The PC) And sorry but its just done me head in a little lol

The police have just burt a new pledge out that they "pledge" to do.

The link that explains all

But sorry should they not the fresia be already doing that?

This is what I thought we already was paying them for. They say it on the radio like there doing us some kinder fever.

I have not much faith in the police anyway. Not cos am one of them ppl that think there all pigs. Just cos every time I have needed one they have been a complete wast of space. One example is when I got broke into one time they basically tried to say that I had staged it for the insurance money. Problem there was at the time I could not afford insurance so did not have any. And I could go on and on. But this advert publicity thing there doing is just moor crap that is going to wast money that nobody acutely cars about.

OK Rant over.

I have heard this too, at first I thought it was a comedy sketch. lol

The police force is a joke that's why lol

The only thing there any good at is standing at the side of the road doing ppl who speed 3 M.P.H over the limit. To much effort to catch a proper criminal :rolleyes:

Bluey said:

The only thing there any good at is standing at the side of the road doing ppl who speed 3 M.P.H over the limit. To much effort to catch a proper criminal :rolleyes:

Ooooohhh! Controversial! I know at least two police officers (well, one retired) that are quite annoyed at the way they are encouraged to catch easy targets like speeders and litterbugs rather than those who commit and generate serious crime.

Nyktimos said:
Bluey said:

Ooooohhh! Controversial! I know at least two police officers (well, one retired) that are quite annoyed at the way they are encouraged to catch easy targets like speeders and litterbugs rather than those who commit and generate serious crime.

It should not be Controversial. ppl are to scared to say what they think. I had a right old go at one cooper who was being a dick with me when I got broke into. He was like we are frustrated has well so stop having ago at me. I strait out told him to go fresia him self. I told him that when he puts that uniform on he is has far as I am concerned the police force and if he don't like ME taking MY frustration out on him then he is in the wrong job. To many ppl giving it some not my fault mate. Some one has to take responsibility. And if am not getting what I wont from my police force then I well express my concern to what ever police officer comes out to me. On that accason it was him. Anyway I was a bit peed at the time as I just had all my stuff stolen and was not insured ether. So the copper in question got a gob full of me. There is lots of other things I could bang on about but that's just one thing.

Is about time they started acting like public servants and doing what we wont them to do. And for fresia sacks stop picking on the motorist lol BTW I think I been don again for speeding lmao. *waits for the fine in the post :rolleyes: Well ent life a *****!

Lol yeah Bluey that ad does sound like a ******* joke, of course they should be doing all that already!

Though I have to say, and I know this doesn't apply to you, but at least people in London should praise themselves lucky to have the police force they do have, because if they had the one in we have in Oslo then London would be totally screwed within 5 minutes lol!

By that I mean the quality, not quantity, obviously :p

Edit: The quality of the police in Norway depends on the money and effort the government is giving them.
Hence why it is kinda shite these days. And the only party who actually seem to support the police
is the one party that has never been elected, sadly enough...
The Norwegian police is on strike as I'm typing this, they're fed up with the government and I don't blame them.

That cracks me up, they think by doing something they should already be doing we'll be happy? WTF.

Er I may be missing something here but they are already doing these things.

Taking your frustration out on the police isn't exactly going to help them catch the people who are bringing our society into the gutter. Maybe if people supported the police a bit more instead of giving them aggro we'd all be in a lot better situation. They aren't there to be a target for people's vitriol just because criminals aren't.

What would any of us feel like if you went to work every day and despite your best efforts day in day out all you got was abuse; not just from the criminals you're trying to catch but also from the people you're doing your best to try to help? No wonder morale in the police force is at an all time low. Pulling on a uniform does not make anyone responsible for all the wrongs of the world.

Yes the policies set out by the higher ranks of our police force are a joke. Far too many targets and far too much paperwork, leaving too little time for actually catching criminals and helping people. This isn't the bobby on the beats fault. I know for most of them this is even more frustrating than for the rest of us.

Scott said:
Er I may be missing something here but they are already doing these things.

Taking your frustration out on the police isn't exactly going to help them catch the people who are bringing our society into the gutter. Maybe if people supported the police a bit more instead of giving them aggro we'd all be in a lot better situation. They aren't there to be a target for people's vitriol just because criminals aren't.

What would any of us feel like if you went to work every day and despite your best efforts day in day out all you got was abuse; not just from the criminals you're trying to catch but also from the people you're doing your best to try to help? No wonder morale in the police force is at an all time low. Pulling on a uniform does not make anyone responsible for all the wrongs of the world.

Yes the policies set out by the higher ranks of our police force are a joke. Far too many targets and far too much paperwork, leaving too little time for actually catching criminals and helping people. This isn't the bobby on the beats fault. I know for most of them this is even more frustrating than for the rest of us.

Lets see, I come home at 12:30 at night to discover that my flat had been broke into by a big hole in what should had been my bedroom window. I had a stereo stolen that I saved like crazy for when I did have a little spear cash why I was still living at home with me mum and dad. I also had a video player took that I was still paying of on the catalogue and had to continua paying even though I did not have it anymore. When I walked into my flat I did not know if anyone was still there so I called 999. 3 ******* hours it took someone to get there. So that took me to 3:30 in the morning and I was still upset and stressed not to say that I was also a little scared still. I was only 20 years old and had only been living on my own for a few moths. Then when the police man did finely turn up they assumed cos I was not living in the most desirable place that I myself had probably done it for the insurance money. And you expect me to be nice to this person just because of he's uniform he's waring and that I might hurt he's feelings?

Let me make something clear here. I am not the sort of retard that runs around bad mouthing police just cos there the police. I had perfectly good reason to be has annoyed and upset has I was.

I can't really talk bad about the police, my brother, an uncle and an aunt are all police officers and I even worked as a police officer for a little while before going to the military full time, the cop thing wasn't for me. Alot of it depends on the officer, I've had my run ins with them as well, Yes, I've been in jail a time or two in my younger days.(just don't tell anybody):rolleyes: I haven't always been the Saint you see today.:p
I've learned the new guys on the force often feel they have to make a name for themselfs and do stupid stuff and act like jerks. Some are just ********, but for the most part, most of them are just trying to do their job.
I was trained that when you go to a break in call like the one you talked about, accuse the owner in a round about way of insurance fraud and read their reaction. Sometimes that is the only way to tell if the person is hiding something. Insurance fraud is big bussiness and hard to prove.
I worked at a store once and had a guy come in and stick a very large gun in my face and rob the store one night. I knew the ******* and his partner. (they were wearing masks but still recognized them) So, I told the police where they lived, their names and everything, the police accused me of being involved and took me down town and gave me a lie detector test and it was a week later before they even went and talked to the robbers. They were arrested and convicted but I never even got an apology. So, I know how you feel.
The commercials appear to be a pore attempt at improving public relations. It doesn't appear to be working. LOL

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
I've had my run ins with them as well, Yes, I've been in jail a time or two in my younger days.(just don't tell anybody):rolleyes: I haven't always been the Saint you see today.:p

Don't worry your secret is save with me and who ever else reads this thread lol

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
I've learned the new guys on the force often feel they have to make a name for themselfs and do stupid stuff and act like jerks. Some are just ********, but for the most part, most of them are just trying to do their job.

Ye like I was 20 years old and this guy they sent out must of been about the same age I think.

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
I was trained that when you go to a break in call like the one you talked about, accuse the owner in a round about way of insurance fraud and read their reaction. Sometimes that is the only way to tell if the person is hiding something. Insurance fraud is big bussiness and hard to prove.

Yea that's how it was acctroly. When I said I don't have insurance he was like so you well not be wanting your victim support number? I was like what is that? (being a bit green that I was) He was like well you can't claim of your insurance with out it. I then said, Then I wont be ******* wanting it then well I twaty! lol Then he really wind me up and said well I have to give it you anyway by law. At this point I just told him to fresia-off.

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
I worked at a store once and had a guy come in and stick a very large gun in my face and rob the store one night. I knew the ******* and his partner. (they were wearing masks but still recognized them) So, I told the police where they lived, their names and everything, the police accused me of being involved and took me down town and gave me a lie detector test and it was a week later before they even went and talked to the robbers. They were arrested and convicted but I never even got an apology. So, I know how you feel.

See this is the attitude am on about. just stupid. My neighbours at the time where heroin addicts. It was a good Guss that it was them that burgled me. I told the police man this but did they even bother to check what I had told them? No

He took my finger prints and my next door neighbours would had already been on record of this I know cos he had been in prison be for. So would not had been a huge effort to check. But there to busy they tell me. That's really helping me. Well if they spent less on crap like this advertising then they might be able to free up moor resources that is actually going to help someone. But that would probably mean moor speeding fins for me if they did that LMAO, Better be careful what I wish for huh?

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
The commercials appear to be a pore attempt at improving public relations. It doesn't appear to be working. LOL

It appears that way yes lol.

God am becoming an moaning old man lol

First: *hugs to Bluey*

Second: The last time i called the police when I thought there was an intruder in my house, it took them an HOUR to come to my house because they were inbetween shifts. A FREAKIN HOUR! I was lucky there wasnt an intruder, otherwize i mightve been seriously harmed and he couldve gotten away with time to spare!

This is in the USA btw.

Third: Other than this one incident though I've had good experiances with the police. The last run-in I had with an officer was over a car wreck and all I got was a citation. Which mind-boggled me. Haha, I guess I feel I shouldve gotten a ticket.

SophiaGrace said:
A FREAKIN HOUR!

Ye I hear you. My sister lived in town for a bit. She called me one night and at the time I was over 10 miles away in the car. The journey to her should of took normally about 30 minutes to get to her. This guy at night tried to rape her. He pushed he's way in and got her half way up her stairs be for she managed to fight the drunken creep of her. She called the police then called me. I want strait there and was surprised to see that the police was not already there. I was over 10 miles away and there is a big police station only up the road in town from where she is. I even had to call my sister to open the door for me has she had locked it. Of course. We then had to wait there for over another hour for the police to get there. I would had gone mental at them but I was at the time moor concerned for my sister. The guy who did this did get 4 years. Only cos he called the police himself and confessed everything that he had just tried to do. Apparently he had drank a few bottles of vodka has well. So what did the police do here? Again nothing. No hard work from them at all.

Am not deliberately trying to diss on the police force. Am sure most of the ppl that sign up for this are doing it to try and make a difference. (I would like to hope so anyway) Juts the experiences I have had with them have not been all that great. And its not cos am a dick. Ive never been in trouble in my life.

Something needs to change. And I am sure its not to be spending moor of tax payers money on stupid adverts.

Latest posts

Back