Poll: Dreams or Love

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neo651

Reaction score
If you had to choose one or the other, which would you pick: A chance at fulfilling your life's dreams or a chance at being with your true love?

I had this decision to make once upon a time. I chose love, I felt even if I could build an empire, have all the success in the world, it would be for nothing if I was still coming home to absolute loneliness at the end of the day.

How about this- what if I was to find my true love whilst attaining my life's dreams?

I'm going to go with the belief that if I free myself to chase after my dreams, it'll put me in the path of my true love.

fresia settling, I am done with settling.

Barbaloot said:
I had this decision to make once upon a time. I chose love, I felt even if I could build an empire, have all the success in the world, it would be for nothing if I was still coming home to absolute loneliness at the end of the day.

Very true.

I'd certainly take true love. My life dream is centered around monetary pursuits and is probably very shallow. I'd much rather be poor with someone who truly loved me than have a successful, professional career but be lonely and miserable.

I'd hope that I could accomplish both though!

Dreams.

People are inconsistent, myself included. Furthermore, one should not have to re-mold themselves in the name of "love". If the love is actually there, two people will make it work, no matter what.

Well by definition there would be females in my dream so why not accomplish my dream? In the end I would be happy living whatever my dream is correct? I know that my dream involves money. With true love... well that could be all we have to live on? I guess a cardboard box is paradise if you have true love right?

Then again, you could say your dream is to find your true love. Therefore getting both things mentioned in this thread.

I already gave up love for my dream. I think I made the right decision. But we'll see if I still think that 10 years down the road.

I'd definitely rather fulfill my life's dream than have a true love. Success and happiness in life is what I treasure most, and thus living my dream would be most satisfying. Plus part of my dream life is having a really good friend to live next to me, and friendship is more important than romantic relationships to me.

True Love. (goo) The quest to find someone who'll actually care about me has been my dream for such a long time. I no longer attempt suicide because of it. I stopped cutting myself, and I continue to push forward in the hopes of finding such a person.

I have to see how the story ends and if I ever find her. She's my reason for fighting. Fight I shall!
:D

15zr028.jpg

For the record though I would choose dreams. I’ve never understood the illusion that being with someone else would suddenly fix all my problems and make my dreams come true, sure I’d have companionship but I could never be content or satisfied. I’d still have this nagging voice at the back of my head telling me there were 101 things I still needed to accomplish, it wouldn't be fair on both of us if I expected them to fix those feelings for me.

Latest posts

Back