Polyamory

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Catharsis said:
SadRabbit said:
See, I don't know about you...but its the worlds attitude like these that makes relationship now seem like a joke. Now, relationship is like a game, you play it, you don't like it, you throw it away...and what happens to the in betweens...the children, your partner, your family....who cares anywayz.... One more reason why I hate life and this earth. I am so glad we are destroying earth and killing ourselves, cause, we are indeed like viruses, we colonize, strip bare the land...and worst of all, we mutate into an even uglier being!

Yeah thats how I feel.

The world is like a game of Othello and we're losing. The distant become jaded, the jaded become distant. Then we wither away and die alone.

Passion gives and passion takes... never satisfied, always late
But Love is stable, love is deep... unconditional, love is meek

No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the storm...

Life is like Cluedo. One day you will be happily strolling through the library, and Professor Plum will hit you over the head with a piece of lead piping.

Unacceptance said:
Athiest #001 said:
2. Relative. Morality is derived from pleasure or pain, if everyone feels pleasure how can it be wrong?

Not all morality is derived from pleasure of pain. Excessive hedonism is actually detrimental. Besides you have cases of everyone feeling pleasure but it still being wrong. If a person who enjoys killing injects a kid with narcotics so he is happy then strangles him to death so he dies happily, it's still wrong.

True but there is always a "greater pleasure/pain" that will result from an activity. Something initially pleasurable can overall cause pain, I may have oversimplified this is my inital post.

Your example perfect to illustrate this, when the child dies, greater pain will arise both in his parents/relatives and in the guilt of the killer (assuming they are not completely unable to feel remorse in which case they are insane and all "rules" are out the window). Society would classify this as immoral because of the overall pain caused.

For the purposes of Polyamory, this general idea can also be applied (this is mainly directed at those who have expressed their opinion that multiple partner relationships are inherently immoral).

For me personally I do not desire a multiple partner relationship and think it would almost certainly end in more pain than its worth, but that does not mean I can assume that everyone would have the same experience. I can imagine a minority of people are able to love and be loved by many people romantically and make it work for them, I wouldn't dare accuse something of being inherently immoral just because it wasn't for me.

I would also like to emphasize that my understanding of Polyamory is that it is not secretive, it is about _openness_. Nobody is in a polyamorous relationship that they are not aware of, that is known as "cheating".

lol no problems here im down . I can never have enough women in m ylife, mainly cuz i got none right now. But as i always tell my ma when she asks why im single i jus say " The only woman i need in my life is my mama" LOL but ya if i could id be one for sure.

Being poly isn't only about fun, it's about love, about loving without jealousy. Isn't that great? I was always a jealous person, but lately I am beginning to see that is not necessary. I can love my partner without that burden.

Sure...dutchgirl...if you can stand your partner sleeping and seeing countless women, I don't see why polygamy is not ok for you? Cause personally, I think, we should not do onto others what we don't want to happen onto ourselves. There you have it.

Latest posts

Back