Pros & Cons

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoxApex(N/A)

Reaction score
Pros:
I feel nothing, nothing can hurt me. 😃

Cons:
I feel nothing. 😳 Motivation and Navigation this way is going to be a pain in the ass. 😩😒

How to focus when what you enjoy you suddenly no longer enjoy and it is reduced to the all-inclusiveness of Meh?

Pros:
I have my freedom and can do pretty much what I like.

Cons:
Very often lonely as f**k without a significant other.

I've got an S/o, she understands because she sees how and why it happened. When I'm pushed into mental overdrive I, disconnect and shutdown sotospeak.
She says it's because I'm doing entirely too much.
She is right on that. I am doing entirely too much.
I'm doing 3 or 4 peoples worth of work at a time by myself.

Trouble is that depression with me is kinda like trying to troubleshoot a recurring tripping circuit. I've just gotta tediously work my way through it, and it takes a lot of time. More time is spent waiting than anything else.

I probably need something like Prozac, but I mean, I need the insurance to be able to cover it first. 😂

Pros:
I feel nothing, nothing can hurt me. 😃

Cons:
I feel nothing. 😳 Motivation and Navigation this way is going to be a pain in the ass. 😩😒

How to focus when what you enjoy you suddenly no longer enjoy and it is reduced to the all-inclusiveness of Meh?

I've been feeling like this for a long time now, though for different reasons.
I have a hard time enjoying anything, therefore I have a hard time caring about anything enough to want to learn about it, do it, talk about it, or even think about it, therefore I have a hard time making conversation and connecting with people.

I feel this way because ultimately I fear I'm incapable of meaningful significant achievement due to lacking genetic talent, as evidenced by feeling like I'm not good at anything right away, and I thought that if you were capable of something, you would know it because you would be good at something right away.

Therefore, I feel "meh" about everything, because I feel like nothing is "for me".
If I could only kick ass at something, especially something meaningful to me, I could escape despair.

For you, it sounds more like intense work burnout due to having to take on much more than one person should be reasonably expected to, and when you get home there's just not enough energy left to feel more than "meh" about anything.

Last edited:
I've been feeling like this for a long time now, though for different reasons.
I have a hard time enjoying anything, therefore I have a hard time caring about anything enough to wan to learn about it, do it, talk about it, or even think about it, therefore I have a hard time making conversation and connecting with people.

I feel this way because ultimately I fear I'm incapable of meaningful significant achievement due to lacking genetic talent, as evidenced by feeling like I'm not good at anything right away, and I thought that if you were capable of something, you would know it because you would be good at something right away.

Therefore, I feel "meh" about everything, because I feel like nothing is "for me".
If I could only kick ass at something, especially something meaningful to me, I could escape despair.

For you, it sounds more like intense work burnout due to having to take on much more than one person should be reasonably expected to, and when you get home there's just not enough energy left to feel more than "meh" about anything.

I'm busy all of the time.
And when I'm not busy, I almost don't know what to do.
That's why I have so many simple yet cheap hobbies.
It allows me to mediate my depression without taking a huge risk on starting a big project or investment that I might not be able to finish.
I kind of slip into it without totally noticing.
It's a nearly seamless transition. Were I not a creative with an eye for detail I might not even notice.
But if I try to watch a couple movies and that's not doing it, and then I try to play a couple games and they're not doing it either, and I'm feeling lethargic and struggling physically more than I normally do to keep on my own organized schedule, okay then yeah, that's depression.
It's helpful because I can be incredibly productive during this time period. But the drawback is that I won't care about that productivity until whenever the crap I come back out of depression.
I kinda feel, like that one Ron White joke about Tater Salad:
"And about at that point, I had the Right To Remain Silent....but I didn't have the ability."

Pros: I have more money now than I've had since my oldest was born

Cons: I'm scared to spend it while I wait for the next catastrophe 😆

Pros:
Sociopathic people with maligned agendas hate you because you have no feelings for them to be able to manipulate. So they give up and leave you alone.

Cons:
You have no feelings. 🥲

I look 20 years younger because of too much estrogen ... I feel 20 years older because of it

Pros: Joined a peer support group and became friends with an wonderful woman.

Cons: She's too wonderful! So much that I've been crushing on her for months, and there's that nagging part of me that's always going to ache for more than friendship even though I know that she would never go for me, and that it would be a very, very bad idea to act on it! It hurts like hell every time I'm around her! Darn, why isn't there an 'off' switch?!

(Sorry, that was a long one)

Pros: Joined a peer support group and became friends with an wonderful woman.

Cons: She's too wonderful! So much that I've been crushing on her for months, and there's that nagging part of me that's always going to ache for more than friendship even though I know that she would never go for me, and that it would be a very, very bad idea to act on it! It hurts like hell every time I'm around her! Darn, why isn't there an 'off' switch?!

(Sorry, that was a long one)
You said that she would never go for you. How do you know that?

Pros: Life is more than half over (I'm 54).

Cons: Ending every day knowing I'm going to finish this journey alone - that takes away from the joy I occasionally find, just squashes those good vibes.

Pros: See cons.. :-/

Cons:

Khan reporting in:

kublai-khan-portrait.jpg

Pros: Life is at your doorstep. 😁(y)

Cons: Life is at your doorstep. :cautious:🤮

Latest posts

Back