Polyamory

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DutchGirl

Reaction score
I wasn't on this forum for a long time. Hell, even my username was deleted, but I subscribed again.

Lately the issue of polyamory has come into my life. My new partner is poly and I am not, at least I thought I wasn't.

How do you think about polyamorous relationships or about swinging?

It's certainly not for me, but to each their own.

Be sure to considering any potential ramifications and your own nature before getting into that sort of thing.

Oh, and welcome back!

Well, I'd be happy to just have one love in my life, but I suppose that if both partners agree to the polyamarity, it's ok. Each to his own. But from your post, it seems that you are not comfortable with the idea of being polyamorous, of having to share the love in your love with someone else.

I suppose swinging isn't that bad, as long as it is made clear to both partners that there is a strong division between the physical act of copulation, and the deep spiritual love that two people have for each other. I'd be more jealous if my girlfriend was having a mental, spiritual relationship with another man than if she was just using him for casual sex. Although it's easy to say that now, I'd probably be saying something different now if I had any relationship experience.

I find it weird that the brutal, physical act of copulation has been so closely tied to emotional love. I mean, sure, sex looks like fun, but all it is doing is releasing endorphins in the brain, it's nothing anything overly spiritual (I think, although I could be wrong).

Although, what is spirituality? What's 'real' love? Instinct? A chemical release in the brain?

I think the concept of swinging is awesome but when one of them breaks down and tells the class they have a sore that burns everyday then starts crying in the middle of class then it all of a sudden doesnt seem go cool : /

But hey im just trying to scare you a little maybe because im jealous that i cant pull off the whole poly- relationship thing ^^;;;;

Latest posts

Back