Post!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fact that You do understand that the reply You gave me easily could have been seen as a rather shallow one and that You ask for forgiveness is all i could ever ask for. We all can have bad days and if You try to read Your posts in this thread from our point view i guess You would notice that some of them probably could have been a little more gently put. I sure could have done so with mine as well, but trying to be the best i can at this place, spending a heck lot of time on single posts from time to time, really can get my steam cooking so much i can let all bad stuff out at once when someone comes off at me like You did for no other apparent reason than anger at something else, You know.

I am prepared to completely erase this experience from the reputation i've so far got in store for You. ;) It would be cool to have a linguist-in-learning around here so i sure hope You do register here soon so we can keep track of Your progress and perhaps share some experince (obviously not with me, though). ;)

Thanks for Your explanation; i hope we'll see more of You here again!

Elaeagnus said:
Well, since this thread is already completely off-topic, I'll jump in and say that I'm very impressed with all the people on the site who are not native English speakers. It's very difficult to express your thoughts and opinions in a foreign language, but there have been very few times when I have been unable to understand the meaning of a post due to a language barrier on the part of the writer. Of course, not understanding the reasoning and thought processes that go into some of the posts here is a completely different story... :p

Yeah, i'm quite impressed too. Youngsters in particular really are learning fast these days; probably with quite alot of thanks to the Internet. ;) Well said!

Heeyy, LG! You're a Posting Freak now! =O Hahaha, cool ;)

Guest said:
LG-

If Robin is a non-native English speaker, then he should be happy to have his English corrected.

I think your contention that advice = advise in Europe is simply an ipse dixit, conveniently tacked on to the other examples.

And about Blue Sky's misuse of the word...?

Sincerely,
A guy who once got seriously screwed over by an English major, and who subconsciously tries to retaliate by correcting the English of people he does not know and will never see.

I left school at the age of 15, I was never very good at school, so I left and did an apprenticeship in a mechanical trade, so therefore I don't have any degrees in the English language or anything like that. Please remember that you will get people from all different walks of life, and with various levels of education on this forum. In the future
I will try not to make any spelling mistakes, seeing that it's so important to some.

Guest,

I would love you to register so you can tutor me in Latin. I really am fascinated! Can I admit that I find find men who understand Latin very sexy? (I have no idea if you are male or female...but the bravado seems very male).

PS When you do register, you don't have to admit to us that you are this particular guest. In case you weren't aware, we have had several troll 'Guests' in the past...

PS Michael, I have no idea what you just said...but the fact that you said it is very sexy!

:p

Robin-
I think it would be great to share some experiences. I think I can learn a lot from you.

Blue Sky-
I meant no offense! The whole thing was really just a joke that went horribly awry. You don't have to be careful at all. It's none of my business how people write. I need to get my own house in order. (Your English is actually excellent.)

LG-
I'm a guy, and let me say, any lady with five stars has gotta be a babe!!

Right now, I am going to lie VERY LOW for a while.

You all are great!

lol. The stars are about my status as the excessive poster here.

Would love to be tutored in Latin. After you register, can you PM me? I wont' share your name if you ask me not to.

LG

Hey, I used to be that guy; however I promptly learned that people didn't enjoy being corrected. Most people prefer not to know of their errors. You will meet some whom welcome it though, but the numbers are few and far in between.
:cool:

Guest said:
Sincerely,
A guy who once got seriously screwed over by an English major, and who subconsciously tries to retaliate by correcting the English of people he does not know and will never see.

Latest posts

Back